26 County General Election 2020

Started by Snapchap, January 09, 2020, 06:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will be makeup of the next government?

FF/SD/Lab/Green
FG/SD/Lab/Green
FG/FF
FF/Green
FG/Independents
FG/Independents
FG/Green
FF/SF
FF/Green/Independents
FF Minority
FG Minority
FG/SF
FF/Lab/Green
FF/Lab
FF/Lab/Green/Independents

Tubberman

Quote from: trailer on June 27, 2020, 10:00:42 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 27, 2020, 09:28:43 PM
Quote from: Itchy on June 27, 2020, 08:00:44 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 27, 2020, 07:50:01 PM
No more P Flynn type roads for Mayo...
Or grants for Prenty Vanity projects.
East and South is where it's at :-\
Where the numbers are. Cork elects as many TDs as Connacht while Dublin elects over twice as many.

Sure they know the westerners won't mind and will vote for them anyway. They are like bet dogs
Too many independents west of Shannon

Too many wankers west of the Shannon, chief of which are the Healy-Raes!

How's your geography, chief?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Tubberman on June 27, 2020, 10:02:55 PM
Quote from: trailer on June 27, 2020, 10:00:42 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 27, 2020, 09:28:43 PM
Quote from: Itchy on June 27, 2020, 08:00:44 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 27, 2020, 07:50:01 PM
No more P Flynn type roads for Mayo...
Or grants for Prenty Vanity projects.
East and South is where it's at :-\
Where the numbers are. Cork elects as many TDs as Connacht while Dublin elects over twice as many.

Sure they know the westerners won't mind and will vote for them anyway. They are like bet dogs
Too many independents west of Shannon

Too many wankers west of the Shannon, chief of which are the Healy-Raes!

How's your geography, chief?

;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

MayoBuck

Dara Calleary was shafted completely. FF deputy leader and didn't get a senior ministry job.

macdanger2

Quote from: MayoBuck on June 28, 2020, 12:18:24 AM
Dara Calleary was shafted completely. FF deputy leader and didn't get a senior ministry job.

Yeah, that was a big shock for him. At the cabinet table but I'd say he expected more

Lar Naparka

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 28, 2020, 12:40:46 AM

Yeah, that was a big shock for him. At the cabinet table but I'd say he expected more
It shows Martin isn't just a pretty face. Calleary, and O'Callaghan especially, were just a few who were put firmly in their places.I don't know much about Calleary and his intentions to go further, if you follow me, but O'Callaghan was openly touting his chances of replacing Martin if the coalition talks failed.
Martin will need to keep an eye on the malcontents in his party but I'd say he is well able for them.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Lar Naparka on June 28, 2020, 01:03:47 AM

It shows Martin isn't just a pretty face. Calleary, and O'Callaghan especially, were just a few who were put firmly in their places.I don't know much about Calleary and his intentions to go further, if you follow me, but O'Callaghan was openly touting his chances of replacing Martin if the coalition talks failed.
Martin will need to keep an eye on the malcontents in his party but I'd say he is well able for them.

I don't know if there's many malcontents within FF. Afterall they were expected to win around 55 to 60 seats according to political analysts. If there are any, MM would be gone on 9th of February imo.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

gallsman

Regina Doherty to head up the Seanad having campaigned to abolish it. Laughable.

Rossfan

Why?
The people voted to keep it.

seafoid

Gran Coalition is a new style for Ireland.

FF plus FG was regularly 70% + in the past but that is over.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on June 28, 2020, 09:29:17 PM
Why?

Its called principles or having a position on something. She could have easily said No Thanks but no she is just another money grabbing useless career politician.

Itchy

Quote from: Lar Naparka on June 28, 2020, 01:03:47 AM

So your saying Martin is vindictive and is more inclined to self preservation than putting the best people in place? You seem to be quite impressed with this approach or maybe I am wrong saying that. Of all the politicians in the south I think Michael Martin is one of the least impressive I have ever witnessed.

Rossfan

Quote from: Itchy on June 29, 2020, 04:28:56 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 28, 2020, 09:29:17 PM
Why?

Its called principles or having a position on something. She could have easily said No Thanks but no she is just another money grabbing useless career politician.
How Principled are you ?
If you gave in €10 in a shop and got change of €20 would you hand back the extra?

Main Street

Well done to Micheál Martin who had the pleasure of nominating the first Traveller Eileen Flynn to the Senate, one of 11 nominated,
his only non-party political nominee.
'Ms Flynn is a community development worker with the National Traveller Women's Forum.
She is also a human rights activist who has campaigned on several social issues including homelessness; same-sex marriage, abortion and hate crime.The Women's Council of Ireland and Traveller's rights campaign group Pavee Point have both hailed her appointment as "historic".
In a series of tweets after her nomination, Ms Flynn said: "I have worked all my life to break barriers and challenge inequality."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53212504