Started by Orangemac, August 07, 2011, 11:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

deiseach

Quote from: heganboy on May 16, 2012, 02:25:27 AM
loved this:
http://eircomsports.eircom.net/News/Man-City-GAA-report.aspx

the QPR -Man City game with a GAA stylee match report

Superb. Although the lack of references to the Herculean efforts of Frank Lee, Collie Bell and Mícheal Ó Samhradh Beach when they last won the county cup is disappointing

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on May 15, 2012, 10:10:59 PM

This is a Liverpool fan apparently..Bingo maybe? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_w04pm2tG4&feature=related

;D  ;D Nah, I wasn't hear as calm as that bloke. Plus I had the crack hidden.

Quote from: ballinaman on May 16, 2012, 10:44:13 AM
1 Wolves fan Vs 2000 Wigan Fans......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF4u7XmurAo

Did the Wigan fans run after the sole man made his charge?  :o

ballinaman

Looks like it alright Bingo! Nigel Winterburn must have been togged for Wigan!

johnneycool

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 16, 2012, 12:12:34 AM
Say Chelsea win the CL. Should Spurs do a hissy-fit like Everton did when Liverpool did in 05? Methinks they should.

I think you've got that the wrong way round.

The hissy fit came from Anfield when they won the CL but ended up fifth in the league. As the rules stood then they were not entitled to defend their title as they weren't in a qualifying place in the CL. That year the EPL were allowed 5 teams in the Champions league but the new rule which may do Tottenham out of a place in the CL if Chelsea win on Saturday was introduced.

orangeman

The proportion of income that Premier League clubs spend on wages hit a new high in the 2010-11 season, says a Deloitte report into football finance.

Clubs in England's top football league paid some 70% of their income on salaries for the first time.

Manchester United, who won the league that year, spent 46% of revenue on pay, but Manchester City spent 114%.

The Deloitte report says that control of wages "continues to be football's greatest commercial challenge".

Its 21st Annual Review of Football Finance also says that pay discipline is needed "in order to deliver robust and sustainable businesses".

Cutting debts

Total wages across the Premier League rose by £201m (14%), equivalent to more than 80% of the £241m increase in club revenues that season, to give a final salary bill of £1.6bn.

Chelsea once again had the highest wage bill, at £191m.

TOP PREMIER LEAGUE WAGE BILLS 2010-11
Chelsea - £191m (up from £174m in 2009-10)
Manchester City - £174m (£133m)
Manchester United - £153m (£132m)
Liverpool - £135m (£121m)
Arsenal - £124m (£111m)

The overall wages increase was driven by the clubs that finished in the top six positions in 2010-11, as well as Aston Villa. Between them they accounted for £145m of the total increase in pay.

However, clubs in the top league did manage to reduced average net debt by £351m, or 13%, to £2.4bn by the summer of 2011.

This was the lowest level since 2006, and largely due to significant debt reductions by Manchester United and Liverpool.

EC Unique

Quote from: EC Unique on August 12, 2011, 03:22:27 PM
1, Man Utd, One of the easiest titles for them in years.

Looks like I got this right but just a year early!  ;D

Billys Boots

Quote from: EC Unique on March 19, 2013, 05:30:58 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on August 12, 2011, 03:22:27 PM
1, Man Utd, One of the easiest titles for them in years.

Looks like I got this right but just a year early!  ;D

Em, that actually means you got it wrong.  Very wrong.   :)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

deiseach

Quote from: johnneycool on May 16, 2012, 03:41:28 PM
The hissy fit came from Anfield when they won the CL but ended up fifth in the league. As the rules stood then they were not entitled to defend their title as they weren't in a qualifying place in the CL. That year the EPL were allowed 5 teams in the Champions league but the new rule which may do Tottenham out of a place in the CL if Chelsea win on Saturday was introduced.

Not the whole story. The rules were that it was down to the national association to decide who took the fourth place if the team who won the CL finished outside the top four. In 2004 the FA made it quite clear that:

QuoteShould Arsenal or Chelsea win the Champions League, they will automatically qualify for next season's competition but England will not gain an extra Champions League place, even if they finish outside of the top four in the Premiership.

In that scenario the fourth-placed team in the Premiership will play in next season's UEFA Cup.

This would certainly have fitted in with the only precedent for it at the time when in 2000 Real Madrid finished behind Real Zaragoza in La Liga but went to the following season's CL as defending champions. But for reasons that I have never seen explained, person or persons unknown at the FA changed their own ruling sometime in 2005. You can call it a 'hissy fit' if you like but it was hardly without justification and the fact that Uefa changed the rules for the future demonstrated what an anomaly it was.

Billys Boots

Not sure where else to put this ...

Dutch to trial ´sin-bin´ plan - 20 March 2013

The KNVB is introducing a scheme that will see a yellow card in the amateur game punished by a 10-minute spell on the sidelines.  The plans, which are to be brought in next season by the Dutch football body, will see a player removed from the action if they receive a booking and anyone who has been banned will have to show that they have improved their conduct before being allowed to return.

Anton Binnenmars, director of amateur football at the KNVB, said the manslaughter of linesman Richard Nieuwenhuizen at the hands of three players at a local match late last year was the catalyst for the measures.

"After the sad events on December 2, it became clear for the football world and the society in general that we needed to do something," Binnenmars said.

"We have to take stronger measures. Violence does not belong on the pitch."
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

deiseach

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 20, 2013, 03:50:56 PM
Not sure where else to put this ...

Probably in a 2013 thread! ??? I'm a little freaked out to have found myself replying to a ten-month old post. People have long memories...