Laois 2017 - NHL and Leinster SHC

Started by G@@, October 14, 2016, 04:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

Quote from: clonadmad on February 20, 2017, 07:54:01 PM
Sorry Keyser too busy with developing our parish amalgamation in all the underage A  grades to run the CB for you.

You are obviously happy with the work being put in by the GDA's etc.....

You will keep us posted if the Laois lads enjoy themselves in future in any "exotic" locations

Good luck with that. It's great that you have mellowed from the original position (see below), to embracing a Parish team.
Well done on that.

Quote from: clonadmad on September 23, 2016, 07:34:24 PM
We need to do what's right by our club first,no doubt there are lots of good young hurlers in both Colt and Shanahoe who will wear the Clonad jersey with pride in the coming years
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

clonadmad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on February 20, 2017, 08:07:53 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on February 20, 2017, 07:54:01 PM
Sorry Keyser too busy with developing our parish amalgamation in all the underage A  grades to run the CB for you.

You are obviously happy with the work being put in by the GDA's etc.....

You will keep us posted if the Laois lads enjoy themselves in future in any "exotic" locations

Good luck with that. It's great that you have mellowed from the original position (see below), to embracing a Parish team.
Well done on that.

Quote from: clonadmad on September 23, 2016, 07:34:24 PM
We need to do what's right by our club first,no doubt there are lots of good young hurlers in both Colt and Shanahoe who will wear the Clonad jersey with pride in the coming years

And what I said there still holds true

You do realise that Raheen Parish Gaels will be wearing Clonad jerseys?

You need to get up to speed Keyser

Keyser Söze

What you originally said was that all teams from u8 to u21 would be training in Clonad and wearing Clonad jerseys.
Can you confirm that all teams from u8 to u21 will be wearing Clonad jerseys?
I find this very difficult to believe, as St Fintan's would have been stronger than Clonad at almost all grades almost all of the time.

So, I'll ask again;
Can you confirm that all Raheen Parish Gaels teams from u8 to u21 will be wearing Clonad jerseys? And the Colt, Shanahoe and St Fintan's jersey is not being used by any of them?

Quote from: clonadmad on September 23, 2016, 05:57:06 PM
Colt and Shanahoe to join up with ourselves.

Talks at a very advanced stage with u8's up to u21's hurling in the Jersey,being trained in Clonad and with the  club also supplying the mentors across all the age groups,a great boost for the club and also for hurling in the county.

Don Draper

Raheen Parish Gaels will be wearing the Clonad jersey

Not to get further off topic, but a proper Parish amalgamation shouldn't be wearing the jersey of any club, nor should a member of said club be going around boasting that the amalgamation will be wearing our jersey. Problems straight away.

Carryon anyway, I'd hate to get in the way of this ongoing feud.

blueandwhite1

Lads, start another thread. Ye are boring the arse off the rest of us.

burdizzo

Exactly.
But for the record, the amalgamation will be wear the Clonad jersey at two age groups, the Ballypickas one at two ages, and the St. Fintan's one at two ages.

Keyser Söze

I understand how it's outside the remit of this thread, but it's hard to listen to lecturing from a poster who lost all credibility within his first 2-3 posts on the Clonad jersey issue.

clonadmad

Keyser you've a bit of an axe to grind with us,that much is very apparent.

Now back to the topic at hand

The reality is that we had the chance to beat the biffo's by 10/12 points on Saturday night but didn't,we were more interested in scoring nice points than going for the jugular and plundering 2/3 more goals.

Work needs to be done on the forwards movement,very little in the form of running off the shoulder.

Keyser Söze

No axe to grind with Clonad (or any of the teams involved in the amalgamation). Just have a low tolerance for bullshit and spoofers. You were incredibly disrespectful to Park Ratheniska, Colt and Shanahoe within hours of starting to post on here. No time for that. That is the axe I have to grind. Enough of that.

On the NHL, we have taken some horrendous beatings in Salthill over the years. I would be very worried about our next game. Hopefully we don't go into a tailspin that we can't reverse in time for mid April championship start.

We are almost certainly going to be playing Offaly or Kerry on April 1st. They will have had a competitive game the previous Sunday against opposition of a similar level.
We will have had an away fixture with Wexford. Even if Wexford are already guaranteed top spot at that stage (which they will be), and decide to rotate their squad, they could still do a serious job on us. The Davy factor will see anyone getting a chance in that game eager to impress. His Clare teams never exactly took the foot off the gas against us!
The fixture schedule is now stacked slightly in favour of Offaly and Kerry and slightly against us IMO.
Maybe we will be competitive in one or more of the games and be in a good place for the relegation game. Hard to see though.

Don Draper

There's an almighty backlash to come from Galway.

clonadmad

As it stands the only thing to be decided in this division,is who plays in the relegation final

Wexford are promoted and it's up to the 3 Minnows to keep the winning margins down if by some fluke Offaly beat Kerry.

Next year won't be any better in 1B with cork,dublin or Kk down here as well

redsetanta

Good performance from Laois. Very impressed with Cian Taylor when he came on. Plays with alot of confidence and his direct running is great to see. Bar the first few minutes Laois were always the better team. If more of the lads were prepared to do what Taylor does we would score more goals. That was the only disappointment from the game. It would have been a massive boost to hit another couple of goals.
Ross King got on a lot of ball when he moved out around the middle and scored a couple of lovely points. Although he picked up a yellow for it, the clash of the two captains was a bit of a marker for Roddy.  Cha, after missing his first one or two efforts had one of those evenings when everything after went over the bar. His effort from under the stand in the first half was probably the best of the lot. Dunphy was a handfull but was getting plenty of it from the corner back and looked like losing it on a couple of occasions. Don't think he got enough from the ref.
Offaly really battled and put it up to us and deserve some credit for staying in the game. If it was ourselves that had two lads sent off i'm not so sure we would have been as close as 6 points and  their captain led by example.
I know Offaly are not great at the moment but they are always capable of getting a result when least expected. They took a point off Limerick last year which kept Limerick down so I would not rule them out. If we are in a relegation playoff and had a choice I would nearly rather Kerry. Anyhow plenty of hurling to be done between now and then so lets enjoy the win and not begrudge the players a few jars 2 weeks before they're out again.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

redsetanta

Does Kelly watch the games from the stand or why wasn't he on the line on Saturday?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

blueandwhite1

He prefers to operate from the stand, much like rugby managers now do. Mentioned it in his interview.