The Official Aston Villa supporters thread

Started by Doogie Browser, October 23, 2008, 10:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

muppet

MWWSI 2017

David McKeown

I did like Steve McMannamans (sp?) take on Bradley tonight. Something along the lines of "he hasn't played many games for Villa this season so when he gets chances like this he will need to take them."
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

maddog

As many villa fans missing this morning as Blues.  :D

Doogie Browser

A black day yesterday for Villa fans everywhere, I now have added Arsenal to my list of hated teams for their failure to beat that shower of shite!

maddog

Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 28, 2011, 10:56:02 AM
A black day yesterday for Villa fans everywhere, I now have added Arsenal to my list of hated teams for their failure to beat that shower of shite!

Ah cmon now, i will always enjoy watching any underdog team put one over a crowd of fancy dans on £100k a week. Fair play to Blues i was delighted for them, and happy to say i was there for part of the journey when Zigic knocked the Villa out at St Andrews.

ziggy90

Quote from: maddog on February 28, 2011, 12:45:19 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 28, 2011, 10:56:02 AM

Ah cmon now, i will always enjoy watching any underdog team put one over a crowd of fancy dans on £100k a week. Fair play to Blues i was delighted for them, and happy to say i was there for part of the journey when Zigic knocked the Villa out at St Andrews.

Fair play maddog, it's all the sweeter when their inherent jealousy and hatred of our "small" club festers then bursts like a "blackhead"
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

ross4life

Mark Hughes resigns as manager of Fulham next Villa boss?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: ross4life on June 02, 2011, 06:47:48 PM

without doubt. money talks again obviously. loyalty to fulham not an option. only one season in charge and away he goes. if i was a villa fan i wouldnt want anyone like that.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 02, 2011, 06:52:09 PM

without doubt. money talks again obviously. loyalty to fulham not an option. only one season in charge and away he goes. if i was a villa fan i wouldnt want anyone like that.

Was Hughes' contract not up?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 02, 2011, 06:55:25 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 02, 2011, 06:52:09 PM

Was Hughes' contract not up?

he has been there less than a year NT. I dont think Al Fayed would have been that mean

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13628221.stm

Archie Mitchell

Was it not a rolling one year contract which expired last night and the "resignation" is him not agreeing to a new one.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 02, 2011, 07:52:05 PM
Was it not a rolling one year contract which expired last night and the "resignation" is him not agreeing to a new one.

i copied/pasted this from that link :

"Fulham had been in talks with Hughes to extend the two-year deal he signed in July.

However, the club admitted defeat in their attempts to prevent him walking away after he offered his resignation"

Archie Mitchell

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1393302/Mark-Hughes-Fulham-contract-expires.html

Anyway, breaking news on SSN from Sky sources that Villa not considering Hughes for manager's job.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 02, 2011, 09:15:13 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1393302/Mark-Hughes-Fulham-contract-expires.html

Anyway, breaking news on SSN from Sky sources that Villa not considering Hughes for manager's job.

saw that too, but if Hughes isn't next manager, than i will be !

Doogie Browser

Friedel joins Spurs on 2yr deal, this is going to be a very busy summer at VP.