The Official Aston Villa supporters thread

Started by Doogie Browser, October 23, 2008, 10:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

screenexile

I have to admit though I find it staggering that Martin O'Neill (who had just finished 6th in the league and qualified for Europe) cited a lack of available funds for players as his reason for leaving in August and now all of a sudden £24m comes available for a manager who has the team languishing in the relegation zone. . . and for 1 player? I would have thought O'Neill could have bought at least 3 for that price!

Maybe there was more than meets the eye with O'Neill's departure??!!

brokencrossbar1

brad Friedel in a bit of bother!!!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/21012011/58/premier-league-villa-keeper-friedel-declared-bankrupt.html

QuoteAston Villa goalkeeper Brad Friedel has been declared bankrupt despite being paid over £40,000-a-week – according to a report in the Daily Mirror.

Related LinksAston Villa club page
Matchpack: Aston Villa v Manchester City
The ruling was made at Macclesfield county court after Friedel's US football academy ran up debts of close to £5 million.

Friedel set up the 28-acre not-for-profit 'Premier Soccer Academy' in his native Ohio back in 2007.

However, sponsors have since dropped out of the project and trainees have baulked at the £20,000-a-year fee for the Academy that aims to train players for European football.

Lender RBS Citizens then took action in the US and court documents showed that last August Friedel and his company owed nearly £5m.

The academy is in Lorain County, and their website lists more than £250,000 in unpaid property taxes relating to the academy.

Last month, repossession proceedings also began on a £260,000 house owned by the former American international in Ohio.

A spokesperson for the former is Friedel quoted in the Mirror as saying: "This is a technical bankruptcy and it is not anticipated that it will be in place for long as an application for an annulment will be submitted in the next few days.

"Arrangements are in place to deal with the issues which gave rise to the bankruptcy."

Friedel has been an ever present in the Villa team this season, but the 39-year-old is out of contract in the summer.

He signed for Liverpool in 1997 and was at Anfield for three seasons. He then enjoyed eight years at Blackburn before moving on to Villa in 2008

Doogie Browser

Any wonder he is busting his chops to get a new deal!

Doogie Browser

Bent is up and running, what a great result, hope the Villa fans all backed him at sixes!

the Deel Rover

Quote from: lurganblue on January 21, 2011, 01:36:25 PM
Dunno what Bruce is complaining about cos 24 million is more than bent was worth. He should now have money to spend. Stop moaning.

God forbid a club enquire as to the availability of a player or even worse put a bid in for a player ffs.

i was reading the other day that spurs should be getting nearly 16 million ouut of the deal
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Puckoon

Michael Bradley on loan from Germany until the end of the season.

Unless his stock has dropped since the world cup - he is a player I think well suited to the EPL.

Doogie Browser

Good business, he was heavily coveted after the World Cup.

lurganblue

Good window shopping for villa all round. Happy with that now. Would have liked a centre half but sure.

Dinny Breen

QuoteMichael Bradley on loan from Germany until the end of the season.

Hope he's improved his passing, he was always poor of his left hand.
#newbridgeornowhere

Doogie Browser

Big one tonight at the Londoners, a point would be nice.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 01, 2011, 06:02:32 PM
Big one tonight at the Londoners, a point would be nice.

what part of London is Man United in
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012