The Official Aston Villa supporters thread

Started by Doogie Browser, October 23, 2008, 10:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

shark

Quote from: lurganblue on August 30, 2010, 10:38:37 AM
Myself and some mates are planning on going to a villa match in November, preferably the villa v arsenal match on the 27th. What's the chances of getting tickets? Do you guys get your tickets through the website?

I always get them through the official website.  Easy to set up an account and they will have them posted out to you within days.  Tickets go on sale first to season ticket holders, then those with 7 games in the past 2 seasons, then those with 3 and finally general sale.  Or something along those lines.  Pretty much every game apart from Blues and Man Utd, maybe West Brom as well, will go as far as general sale.  So you should be able to get Arsenal tickets.  I generally go to games against lower half teams because I like them to win when I'm there!  Last year went to Fulham (2-0) and Stoke (1-0) and Fulham away (2-0).

lurganblue

How many weeks before the match do they generally go on sale? And is it possible to buy 4/5 tickets through one account?

shark

Quote from: lurganblue on August 30, 2010, 04:19:22 PM
How many weeks before the match do they generally go on sale? And is it possible to buy 4/5 tickets through one account?

One account gives the right to buy up to 6 tickets per match.

Now on further inspection, you may not be able to get tickets for the Arsenal games, as it is high category:

Sale Dates

Friday October 15: On sale to 2010/11 Season Card Holders*

Monday October 18: On sale to supporters who attended 5+ Home fixtures in the 2010/11 and 2009/10 seasons combined*

Friday October 22: On sale to supporters who attended 3+ Home fixtures in the 2010/11 and 2009/10 seasons combined*

Thursday October 28: On sale to all supporters with AVFC Booking History in the 2009/10 or 2010/11 season*

Friday November 5: On sale to all supporters with AVFC Booking History*

*maximum six seats per booking

The option for general sale isn't listed.
In contrast look at the Blackpool match:

Sale Dates

Monday September 27: On sale to 2010/11 Season Card Holders*

Thursday September 30: On sale to supporters who attended 5+ Home fixtures in 2010/11 and 2009/10 seasons combined*

Tuesday October 5: On sale to supporters who attended 3+ Home fixtures in 2010/11 and 2009/10 seasons combined*

Friday October 8: On sale to all supporters with AVFC Booking History*

Tuesday October 12: On General Sale*

*maximum six seats per booking

Personally I fall into the category who attended 3+ Home fixtures in 2010/11 and 2009/10 seasons combined.
I would have no problem booking you tickets, but you are probably better off getting an account history for yourself in case you wanted to go again.

lurganblue

Cheers shark but your right, I'd probably be better building up my own history. Have you the link to that info cos when I searched the site I couldn't find anything useful. Going by that though I'd be better booking for the Blackburn match on the weekend of the 20th. Plus it's a 3pm match, arsenal is 12.30

shark

Quote from: lurganblue on August 30, 2010, 06:54:34 PM
Cheers shark but your right, I'd probably be better building up my own history. Have you the link to that info cos when I searched the site I couldn't find anything useful. Going by that though I'd be better booking for the Blackburn match on the weekend of the 20th. Plus it's a 3pm match, arsenal is 12.30

The Blackburn match is at Ewood Park.  The only Saturday 3pm home games remaining in 2010 are Bolton on Sept 18th and WBA on 11th Dec.  But the WBA game is the same criteria as the Arsenal match.

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/avfc/default.aspx

Scroll down to find the game you want and then click 'more info' on the right hand side.
You can register an account from this page also.

bigfrank

Phil Brown for manager perhaps??? seen him on MOTD 2 on sunday night...know he would be tempted too and has prem experience..just a thought

shark

Quote from: bigfrank on August 30, 2010, 07:42:58 PM
Phil Brown for manager perhaps??? seen him on MOTD 2 on sunday night...know he would be tempted too and has prem experience..just a thought

Ladbrokes have suspended betting on Moyes.  In to almost even money on PP.  Started the day at 20's.
Yer man of Sky Sports News, Sam Matterface, tweeted that his sources tell him that the Villa appointment will "cause quite a stir".

lurganblue

Quote from: shark on August 30, 2010, 07:34:30 PM

The Blackburn match is at Ewood Park.  The only Saturday 3pm home games remaining in 2010 are Bolton on Sept 18th and WBA on 11th Dec.  But the WBA game is the same criteria as the Arsenal match.

Scroll down to find the game you want and then click 'more info' on the right hand side.

ah shit i see that. i'm sort of stuck to the end of november start of december so its gonna have to be either the arsenal match or west brom and take a risk on trying to get a few tickets if they go on general sale.

lurganblue

Quote from: shark on August 30, 2010, 08:02:06 PM
Quote from: bigfrank on August 30, 2010, 07:42:58 PM

Ladbrokes have suspended betting on Moyes.  In to almost even money on PP.  Started the day at 20's.
Yer man of Sky Sports News, Sam Matterface, tweeted that his sources tell him that the Villa appointment will "cause quite a stir".

i like the sound of Moyes but Phil Brown would be a disaster!

shark

Quote from: lurganblue on August 30, 2010, 09:05:15 PM
Quote from: shark on August 30, 2010, 07:34:30 PM

ah shit i see that. i'm sort of stuck to the end of november start of december so its gonna have to be either the arsenal match or west brom and take a risk on trying to get a few tickets if they go on general sale.

Last season the only games that sold out (42,788) were Blues, Man Utd and Liverpool.  West Brom might too though, but maybe not Arsenal.

lurganblue

i'm gonna take the risk on the arsenal match anyway. worst case senario, we end up in a pub in birmingham for the match.

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

ross4life

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 04, 2010, 10:01:41 PM
Quote from: ross4life on September 04, 2010, 09:20:55 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 04, 2010, 07:35:39 PM
Gerard Houllier  ???

at least he's better than Rafa  ;)

Rafa has a job with the European Champions why would he want to go to Villa

Rafa was brought in as a Jose Mourinho replacement for the European champions while Villa getting Houllier as a replacement for O' Neill makes more sense
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open