Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Quote from: screenexile on January 21, 2019, 06:07:15 PM
Quote from: Rois on January 21, 2019, 05:57:13 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on January 21, 2019, 04:41:54 PM
What about these currency cards like Monzo or Revolut?
This is the answer - it will change your life.

Agreed!!!

Thanks guys but in Vegas can you buy chips with it or do you need cash?
Is there a limit of $200 a month before ATM fees

The Trap

Any suggestions for a Summer holiday at home or in Europe for wife and 2 kids under 3? Anyone been somewhere they would recommend or is it just best to stay at home?

galwayman

Quote from: The Trap on January 25, 2019, 08:14:11 PM
Any suggestions for a Summer holiday at home or in Europe for wife and 2 kids under 3? Anyone been somewhere they would recommend or is it just best to stay at home?
We were in Port de Pollenca in Mallorca in October.
Lovely place full of families with young kids. Decent restaurants, lovely beach etc.
Ile de Re on the West coast of Frace is nice too - but very different.

Rois

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 25, 2019, 05:54:22 PM

Thanks guys but in Vegas can you buy chips with it or do you need cash?
Is there a limit of $200 a month before ATM fees

You are changing the goalposts a wee bit now Fuzz with this one.  I have no clue about chips in Vegas but would be astounded if you couldn't use a Visa card to purchase chips.  If you went to An Post and ordered currency onto a prepaid card, you'd get an exchange rate of 1.0976 at the minute.  If I go onto Revolut and exchange, I get 1.1413. 

Yes, there's a limit if you're just on the standard free package. 

For someone who's probably up north quite a bit, it is definitely worth having a go with Revolut, even if you don't use it for the USA - and it's free, so you really have nothing to lose.

laoislad

Thanks for the advice on Madrid 👍
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

screenexile

Quote from: galwayman on January 25, 2019, 08:31:57 PM
Lovely place full of families with young kids. Decent restaurants, lovely beach etc.

Did a Eurocamp last year with the kids who were 2 and 3 at the time... it was brilliant!!

We went with another family which helped make it to be fair but it's just a great holiday. We went at the end of May which was very reasonable and along with another couple it makes it that bit more bearable.

We were just outside Bordeaux last year and we're for Lake Garda this year but I'd definitely recommend it!!

take_yer_points

Quote from: screenexile on January 26, 2019, 02:01:41 AM

Did a Eurocamp last year with the kids who were 2 and 3 at the time... it was brilliant!!

We went with another family which helped make it to be fair but it's just a great holiday. We went at the end of May which was very reasonable and along with another couple it makes it that bit more bearable.

We were just outside Bordeaux last year and we're for Lake Garda this year but I'd definitely recommend it!!

You going to the Bella Italia eurocamp? I'd be interested in what you think when you're back compared to the one in France. Wouldn't mind trying another one in France or Spain

nrico2006

Was wondering what mode of transfers ones here would recommend from CDG to Disneyland- train, pre-arranged transfer or taxi from outside? Also, any particular Dublin airport carpark that is best/cheapest?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 27, 2019, 05:20:14 PM
Was wondering what mode of transfers ones here would recommend from CDG to Disneyland- train, pre-arranged transfer or taxi from outside? Also, any particular Dublin airport carpark that is best/cheapest?

Depends how many of you there are.

screenexile

Quote from: take_yer_points on January 26, 2019, 07:56:51 AM
Quote from: screenexile on January 26, 2019, 02:01:41 AM

You going to the Bella Italia eurocamp? I'd be interested in what you think when you're back compared to the one in France. Wouldn't mind trying another one in France or Spain

It's the Altominico camp we're going to so I'll let you know what it's like!

nrico2006

Quote from: Armaghtothebone on January 28, 2019, 04:50:11 PM

Two adults and two children.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 28, 2019, 09:53:29 PM

My shoulders are sore carrying you for over 10 years.

https://www.welcomepickups.com/paris/charles-de-gaulle-airport-transfer-to-disneyland/

Hound

It's about 10 years since the last of my 4 visits to EuroDisney, but we always got the Disney Bus. Goes from right outside CDG and stops at all the Disney hotels. I'm sure there must be details on their website.

sensethetone

Quote from: Hound on January 29, 2019, 08:46:59 AM
It's about 10 years since the last of my 4 visits to EuroDisney, but we always got the Disney Bus. Goes from right outside CDG and stops at all the Disney hotels. I'm sure there must be details on their website.
We got a pre-arranged transfer to Hotel New York, cost over £100 but as we'd two kids it saves a lot of hassle, especially when it came to leaving the hotel. Would plan for the next we go.

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 28, 2019, 11:50:45 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on January 28, 2019, 09:53:29 PM

My shoulders are sore carrying you for over 10 years.

https://www.welcomepickups.com/paris/charles-de-gaulle-airport-transfer-to-disneyland/

Lol.  Read that exact article yesterday and it had pushed me to just hopping into a taxi.