The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OgraAnDun

RTE pundit in complaining that RTE don't have all GAA games shocker.

Whatever your views on the Sky deal, the place to air those views is not on one of the two broadcasters' highlight show.

Tubberman

Quote from: Minder on July 09, 2017, 10:21:02 PM
What's this bollocks with camogie players on every week now ?

Seriously - there's about 40 people at the game, why are they wasting time showing a game nobody has interest in, when the weekend was packed of top level hurling and football games.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

armaghniac

Quote from: OgraAnDun on July 09, 2017, 10:23:12 PM

Whatever your views on the Sky deal, the place to air those views is not on one of the two broadcasters' highlight show.

He didn't say RTÉ should have it, but that it should be on a service everyone can watch.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hoof Hearted

Why ? He's dead right -
Des tried to stick up for GAA greedy hoors but Michael was spot on
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on July 09, 2017, 10:28:39 PM

Why ? He's dead right -
Des tried to stick up for GAA greedy hoors but Michael was spot on

He is right but I don't think the best place to air it is as a paid RTE pundit on an RTE show.

lenny

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 09, 2017, 10:16:03 PM
There is some difference between the football and the hurling pundits

Some analysts alright - Cork score a point which consists of a defender intercepting a ball and sprinting out of defence with it, playing a long pass into the forwards where a cork forward wins it, spins and puts it over the bar. Michael Duignan says that's a great team score by cork. 2 players involved and it's a great team score, great analysis alright.

Esmarelda

Quote from: armaghniac on July 09, 2017, 10:26:27 PM

He didn't say RTÉ should have it, but that it should be on a service everyone can watch.
He went on with the usual shite about his 83 year old mother/father at home unable to watch the match.

There's probably an 83 year old from Dublin, Tipperary, Meath, Donegal, Carlow, Leitrim, Cavan and Tipp that couldn't see their team on the box either. But those teams' games weren't on Sky so it's not fair game.

Also, his point was that the Kilkenny v Waterford game was a great game and so it should have been on. Would he have minded had it been as one-sided as the Dublin v Tipp game?

highorlow

Des Cahill showing some blatant bias there highlighting a wee push by Cillian. I'd say he gets nice little perks from Dublin GAA.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Clinker

Watching The Sunday Game here (recorded) and have got as far as the end of the Galway versus Roscommon match and it turns out that the wee man who was on The Sunday Game for ages is actually the manager of Roscommon now who are just after winning Connacht. A great boost for the show.

mayoaremagic

The typical Sunday game analysts bashing of Mayo continues. Citing O'Connor incident and Harrison's dump tackle stating they were both lucky not to see red!I could see nothing in the O'Connor incident when they zoomed in. Nothing said about the atrocious standard of reffing where great tackles were given as frees and fouls were waved play-on on both sides

From the Bunker

Quote from: mayoaremagic on July 09, 2017, 11:26:14 PM
The typical Sunday game analysts bashing of Mayo continues. Citing O'Connor incident and Harrison's dump tackle stating they were both lucky not to see red!I could see nothing in the O'Connor incident when they zoomed in. Nothing said about the atrocious standard of reffing where great tackles were given as frees and fouls were waved play-on on both sides

Ah they have to have something to talk about - Isn't it great they are taking notice of an auld 3rd round qualifier in Ennis?

mackers

Thought Tomas Quinn was excellent tonight.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

tonto1888

They were lucky not to see red

ONeill

Quote from: mackers on July 09, 2017, 11:29:51 PM
Thought Tomas Quinn was excellent tonight.

And Gooch too.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Esmarelda

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 09, 2017, 11:31:04 PM

They were lucky not to see red
Harrison's slam deserved a red in my opinion.

Quinn very good tonight. Very assured. Gooch not so much but he's only in the door.