Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

everymanaman

Quote from: ose 14 on May 21, 2015, 02:45:19 PM
would love to see mattie peter harte conan grugan/kyle coney ronan mccurry and big sean as our front 6 with mcshane and colm cavnagh in midfield. mcnabb tierney and meyler/mcgeary at half back and mccarron mccrory and hampsey in the full back line. if i was tyrone manager that would be my team for next year with oneill or morgan game about in the nat league div 2. with that front six we would give most teams a serious rattle our balance between attacking and defending is not there. we need forwards. coney and o neill should be in that forward line.
Is that not a front 7?

youhavenofans

Quote from: everymanaman on May 21, 2015, 04:21:17 PM
Quote from: ose 14 on May 21, 2015, 02:45:19 PM
would love to see mattie peter harte conan grugan/kyle coney ronan mccurry and big sean as our front 6 with mcshane and colm cavnagh in midfield. mcnabb tierney and meyler/mcgeary at half back and mccarron mccrory and hampsey in the full back line. if i was tyrone manager that would be my team for next year with oneill or morgan game about in the nat league div 2. with that front six we would give most teams a serious rattle our balance between attacking and defending is not there. we need forwards. coney and o neill should be in that forward line.
Is that not a front 7?

at the rate were going we would need the 7

Sunny Day

Daniel McNulty could be a new target man option. Good with frees as well.  Richard Donnelly another viable choice. .  .  .  .  . .OSE14 - I just wouldnt limit myself to those 7 players you named.  Keep all options open.  Is Niall Sludden on the Tyrone Squad?  He is worth a shot. Lee Brennan another very capable player that could be worked with.  Kyle Coney could also be another viable proposition if he sticks with it. Ciaran McGinley another.  There is plenty of options available OSE14. 

Sunny Day

On reading your post again OSE14 I think you'd be a little biased - I would assume you still would have all the existing Omagh fellas on the first 15

Justy McMahon, Clarke, Meyler, Tierney, Grugan, O'Neill and possibly Big Joe? The best player Omagh has never gets a mention, Jason McAnulla.

ose 14

tyroneman

I assume we are in the 1a section being played on June 20th?

The Bearded One

No, we are on the B side. Saturday 27th June.
It is what it is. Presumably.

BennyHarp

Lee Brennan and Conor Meyler added to the Tyrone squad.
That was never a square ball!!

rrhf

Good man mickey.  It's going to be deadly..

longballin

is time to ask why promising young players aren't coming through... McNiece and Coney walk in frustration... Ronan O'Neill not being developed either and heading the same way by all accounts. Now other U 21s being taken in... for the same to happen to them? 

Wee Roddy

Tell you why the names you mention didn't or wont make it, they are good club players but lack the pace required for the roles required of them at county football. Meyler and Brennan are both very quick so they are different types of players. If a player lacks pace then he has to be a brut of a man to succeed. Look at what Kerry have done with Bryan Sheehan for example. The like of Alan Dillon from Mayo lacks pace and always struggles in the really big games.

longballin

Alan Dillon struggles in big games!   :D  ... was kind of considering what you were saying up to that...

redhandefender

I believe another starter has walked, heading stateside! Serious exodus of players this year possibly shows the team lack a bit of belief themselves if this is going on!

Wee Roddy

Maybe im wrong but I think Mayo people would be off this perception. He is a good player but struggles badly with pace.

longballin

I think it is more to do with these players being put into a system which ruins their game... and considering they were relegated and haven't beaten a top team in championship in years clearly isn't working. Something not right when so many are walking away from the set-up...