Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turf

Quote from: 03,05,08 on August 27, 2022, 10:47:10 AM
Recently got back into running and got an 8k in 37 minutes, would this be considered slow? I remember back in school 4 minutes a k would of been considered the benchmark for a good runner.
The thing about running is there is always going to be someone faster than you and someone slower than you.
Someone may look at 8k in 37mins as a handy jog someone else may find it an impossible time to reach.
The thing is not to let anyone else's times bother you, running is an individual thing. Just keep trying to improve yourself.
Btw I think it's a decent enough pace for 8km in 37mins.

Quote from: Turf on August 27, 2022, 11:37:45 AM
Quote from: 03,05,08 on August 27, 2022, 10:47:10 AM
Recently got back into running and got an 8k in 37 minutes, would this be considered slow? I remember back in school 4 minutes a k would of been considered the benchmark for a good runner.
The thing about running is there is always going to be someone faster than you and someone slower than you.
Someone may look at 8k in 37mins as a handy jog someone else may find it an impossible time to reach.
The thing is not to let anyone else's times bother you, running is an individual thing. Just keep trying to improve yourself.
Btw I think it's a decent enough pace for 8km in 37mins.

Yea I know, not striving to become a world beater or anything just trying to gauge where I'm at

johnnycool

Some win for Ciara in the 1500 metres in Brussels, smashing the Irish record with a 3.54 run. .
Hopefully that gives her a bit more confidence to kick on again

imtommygunn

356... new Irish recordbettering Sonia's. what a year she had and what a well timed and gutsy run that was.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 02, 2022, 09:04:52 PM
356... new Irish recordbettering Sonia's. what a year she had and what a well timed and gutsy run that was.

What's a few seconds between friends 🤣🤣.

Beating Laura Muir is a huge monkey off her back as well.

I'm assuming now she'll be running in Zurich now

imtommygunn

;D

She gets 10k dollars for winning that race. I dunno if she is racing again - wasn't sure she was but not 100% sure. She's well up diamond league standings I would say so if she goes again good chance of a bit more dough. Funding was cut so will help her.

imtommygunn

Just read I think Zurich is the final and she's qualified for it so I'd suspect she's going again. She wins that and it's 30k. The Kenyan one and muir likely in it so big ask but you never know.

An Watcher

Wouldn't imagine she's flush with money so this would help.  The higher her profile though the better the income I'd imagine

Tony Baloney

Quote from: An Watcher on September 02, 2022, 11:48:06 PM
Wouldn't imagine she's flush with money so this would help.  The higher her profile though the better the income I'd imagine
She deserves a higher profile. That's some run.

Turf

Didn't take long for Ewan McKenna to turn against her.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Turf on September 03, 2022, 08:16:22 AM
Didn't take long for Ewan McKenna to turn against her.

Had to unfollow him. Straw that broke the camels back. She is constantly improving.

imtommygunn

Very toxic individual who has been on the block list for a long time. I read a few things on Twitter there about late developer etc etc but she showed this form at world youth level and she just has taken a while with injuries etc to transfer to adult level. She has medals prior to this year anyway so it's actually not that late. You get that with every great athletics / cycling performance.

quit yo jibbajabba

Im still following for the shitshow but wondering where it ends up..just jumps from topic to topic taking the alternative stance. Fallon Sherrock, Russia, Covid. On and on and on

Sorry for derailing

laoislad

Mackenna still banging on about it today.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

galwayman

Quote from: laoislad on September 03, 2022, 12:23:50 PM
Mackenna still banging on about it today.
That muppet is just a contrarian.
If someone tells him the grass is green he would argue it's pink.
Gobshite