Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_geezer

Quote from: lfdown2 on October 24, 2017, 03:28:56 PM
Who all is running Sunday...excitement building now!!

yes, im running on Sunday, did ironman Barcelona last month so decided to enter Dublin at the last minute as I thought I may as well when I have been doing the big miles. Have done a few runs oven the past few weeks to keep me going but legs are in bits some runs are grand other runs I have shin splint pains and tight hamstrings and calfs, I know I am gonna struggle round it big time but hopefully I will be ok by then.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The_geezer on October 24, 2017, 03:55:24 PM

yes, im running on Sunday, did ironman Barcelona last month so decided to enter Dublin at the last minute as I thought I may as well when I have been doing the big miles. Have done a few runs oven the past few weeks to keep me going but legs are in bits some runs are grand other runs I have shin splint pains and tight hamstrings and calfs, I know I am gonna struggle round it big time but hopefully I will be ok by then.

Fair play on the Barcelona Ironman, thats a massive race! Friends did it one year and the weather was terrible, proper storm going and the swim was mad they said!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The_geezer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 24, 2017, 04:23:18 PM
Quote from: The_geezer on October 24, 2017, 03:55:24 PM

Fair play on the Barcelona Ironman, thats a massive race! Friends did it one year and the weather was terrible, proper storm going and the swim was mad they said!

weather was perfect for it last month, it even started to rain half way during the run! wont complain about irish weather again!! ;D. I'm panning on driving down that morning, does anybody have any good suggestions for places to park close to the start/finish

No1

QuoteWho all is running Sunday...excitement building now!!

I am, can't wait to hear the starting gun at this stage!  My second marathon and I'm much more nervous, possibly because I'm starting to remember the pain of the last 5 miles!! :o

Milltown Row2

Quote from: No1 on October 25, 2017, 12:09:17 PM
QuoteWho all is running Sunday...excitement building now!!

I am, can't wait to hear the starting gun at this stage!  My second marathon and I'm much more nervous, possibly because I'm starting to remember the pain of the last 5 miles!! :o

So what have you done differently, training wise to help with that last 4/5 miles?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Targetman

Good luck to all running on Sunday, I did Dublin 2 years ago and was one of the best experiences I've ever had, struggled from about mile 23 but got there in the end, would love to be going again but issues with a knee injury has put an end to my running!

ballinaman

I am. Will sail close to the wind in search of a PB so will see how we go, always the danger of blowing up when pushing the limit.
Happy with the training block since June so we'll if it's been enough.

Good luck everyone running.

No1

QuoteSo what have you done differently, training wise to help with that last 4/5 miles?

More interval stuff, more tempo stuff and an extra 20 miler.  Think the fuelling strategy is going to be key, more water and one more gel planned this time round. 

Although there is no getting away from the fact that no matter what you do, a marathon is gonna f*cking hurt!

I'm aiming for sub 3:30.  Good luck to everyone else running! 

magpie seanie

Good luck to ye all. I'm in awe of you all.

The_geezer

I'm planning on driving down that morning, does anybody have any good suggestions for places to park close to the start/finish.

ballinaman

Quote from: The_geezer on October 25, 2017, 03:55:31 PM
I'm planning on driving down that morning, does anybody have any good suggestions for places to park close to the start/finish.
Are you going to watch ? You have to collect your number on Friday or Saturday if running.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ballinaman on October 25, 2017, 05:08:46 PM
Quote from: The_geezer on October 25, 2017, 03:55:31 PM
Are you going to watch ? You have to collect your number on Friday or Saturday if running.

Aye right enough

The_geezer

going to run, getting someone to collect my pack on the Saturday. I stayed down the night before last year and didn't think there was that much benefit to it

imtommygunn

Good luck to everyone running the dublin marathon. Bm looking at your strava i suspect you will do well!

Milltown Row2

Halfway mark!! Weather looks great