Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Gaeilgoir

Well done all, i knocked 41 minutes off my previous PB...felt really strong for the entire thing. Ran a reverse race, I was 10 minutes quicker over the second half...roll on 2017.

laoislad

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on October 31, 2016, 11:36:51 AM
Well done all, i knocked 41 minutes off my previous PB...felt really strong for the entire thing. Ran a reverse race, I was 10 minutes quicker over the second half...roll on 2017.
Great going. Fair play
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 31, 2016, 10:57:08 AM
Was it mainly dehydration??

Well done all.

I'm putting it down to that anyway. My runs up to this point have been building up well.

laoislad

Any of the rest of ye see this guy yesterday? I passed him around 12 miles and he looked fecked at that stage. He got to the finish though.
https://www.balls.ie/fitness-lifestyle/the-story-of-eiffel-tower-dublin-marathon/350293
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

All this marathon talk has me looking/thinking about doing the Amsterdam marathon next October...

Anybody do it before??

registration on the 7th of next month
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

muppet

Fair play to all the runners yesterday.

el_cuervo_fc especially. That sounds scary though.

How did Heffo get on?
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Quote from: laoislad on October 31, 2016, 02:43:06 PM
Any of the rest of ye see this guy yesterday? I passed him around 12 miles and he looked fecked at that stage. He got to the finish though.
https://www.balls.ie/fitness-lifestyle/the-story-of-eiffel-tower-dublin-marathon/350293

Passed him in the park and he was struggling even then. Bloody tough enough without doin something like that.

ONeill

What happens if you trained for a marathon and took a chest infection the weekend of it? Just run the bollocks out of it?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

heffo

Well done everyone on finishing.

Didn't happen for me yesterday at all - got a bad shoulder strain from mile 10 on, it was mildly sore all week and turned into agony for the rest of the race. Got it massaged a few times and sprayed etc.

Came in around 4:15ish, was hoping for 3:50 - can't explain it and didn't enjoy it at all, was strongly thinking of turning right at the Walkinstown roundabout only I had to get a flight and my phone, keys and wallet were in the bag drop.

muppet

Quote from: heffo on October 31, 2016, 08:50:35 PM
Well done everyone on finishing.

Didn't happen for me yesterday at all - got a bad shoulder strain from mile 10 on, it was mildly sore all week and turned into agony for the rest of the race. Got it massaged a few times and sprayed etc.

Came in around 4:15ish, was hoping for 3:50 - can't explain it and didn't enjoy it at all, was strongly thinking of turning right at the Walkinstown roundabout only I had to get a flight and my phone, keys and wallet were in the bag drop.

Disappointing after all that training, but still 4:15 while injured!
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

5th metatarsal clean break today. Anyone had this and how long was the recovery?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on November 11, 2016, 10:56:01 PM
5th metatarsal clean break today. Anyone had this and how long was the recovery?

Running from the inspectors??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Haha! No need to take time off....moonboot on.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on November 11, 2016, 11:01:35 PM
Haha! No need to take time off....moonboot on.

Dedicated!

macdanger2

Anyone on here able to recommend a good book about running? In terms of technique / motivation