Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Well done. Is bingo blayney rockets? I saw a very ecstatic blayney rockets guy crossing the line.

Boycey

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 30, 2016, 06:40:23 PM
Well done. Is bingo blayney rockets? I saw a very ecstatic blayney rockets guy crossing the line.

He is and he did it in a savage time of 2:58:20, would that be about right?

Dubh driocht

Fantastic running Bingo and comhgairdeas to all the GAA runners today- it looked great with 17,000 competitors.
Pride of place must go to Laura Graham. The Mourne woman had four kids before taking up the sport and came home in 2.41!! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/37816262 . She will be taking part in the Running for Rescue 10 mile run on 19th November in Annalong, Co Down- a great event so come along https://www.facebook.com/Running4Rescue

imtommygunn

Gary O'hanlon fell at 4 mile but continued on. Ran 2:22 and has suspected ligament damage and broken ankle!!

Sounds about right boycey.

Graham has been threatening that for a while. She'll be challenging for next worlds / olympics at this rate as she's not far from the qualifying time.

Ll what was your time?

laoislad

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 30, 2016, 07:27:03 PM
Gary O'hanlon fell at 4 mile but continued on. Ran 2:22 and has suspected ligament damage and broken ankle!!

Sounds about right boycey.

Graham has been threatening that for a while. She'll be challenging for next worlds / olympics at this rate as she's not far from the qualifying time.

Ll what was your time?
4:40 Tommy.  Happy with it. Wanted under 4:30 and stayed with the pacers up to mile 21 but cramp took over then.
I really have done feck all proper training the last 3 or 4 weeks so I'm delighted even though I know it's slow compared to most who run on here.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

imtommygunn

It's not about anyone else laoislad just you against yourself. One of the great things about running. Well done.

moysider

Quote from: laoislad on October 30, 2016, 06:35:59 PM
Well lads how did we all get on?
20 minute PB for me so delighted with that considering how my training went.
Was talking to Bingo earlier and he went sub 3hr. Unreal running.
Conditions were perfect. Really enjoyed most of it. Started to cramp badly the last 3 or 4 miles but thankfully made it to finish line in one piece.

Well done laoislad. As somebody else said it's everybody against the distance. It hurts everybody.
Savage stuff by bingo in fairness.

andoireabu

4.59.29 for me according to the chip time. Found it harder today than my first and had to chase down the 5hr balloons on the home straight. Felt like i was sprinting but probabaly quarter pace at that stage! Knees are in tatters but got home in one piece which is the main thing
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

CD

Got home in 3.38! Delighted. My third time applying and training for Dublin and the first time I actually made the start. Had terrible preparation - only 8 runs in the whole of October and one of those was the marathon! I knew I'd struggle beyond 18 and just dug in. The 3.30 pacers passed me in a blur at mile 19 and I really struggled with that - dropped to 9+ minute miles even though I felt I was going faster. Enjoyed the experience and the atmosphere was fantastic. Huge crowds and great organisation.
Came down stairs to get a drink and can't get back up again!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

el_cuervo_fc

Some day for it yesterday. I was right behind the 3:50 pacers until mile 22 then collapsed unconscious. Spent the next few hours with the doctors and ended up crossing the line at 5:38. Lovely experience for my first marathon.

SHEEDY

Brilliant atmosphere yesterday, the crowds were unreal. Those clappers make some noise!! Got finished in 3hours 12mins, delighted with that. Half way round I was hoping to get under 3:10 but struggled home the 3/4 miles. Legs stiff as feck today, stairs are a definite struggle.
nil satis nisi optimum

laoislad

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on October 31, 2016, 08:39:16 AM
Some day for it yesterday. I was right behind the 3:50 pacers until mile 22 then collapsed unconscious. Spent the next few hours with the doctors and ended up crossing the line at 5:38. Lovely experience for my first marathon.
Are you ok now? Fair fcuks to you for getting to the finish line after that, that took some balls.I'm surprised the medics let you continue. Were you struggling before you collapsed?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CD on October 31, 2016, 07:37:50 AM
Got home in 3.38! Delighted. My third time applying and training for Dublin and the first time I actually made the start. Had terrible preparation - only 8 runs in the whole of October and one of those was the marathon! I knew I'd struggle beyond 18 and just dug in. The 3.30 pacers passed me in a blur at mile 19 and I really struggled with that - dropped to 9+ minute miles even though I felt I was going faster. Enjoyed the experience and the atmosphere was fantastic. Huge crowds and great organisation.
Came down stairs to get a drink and can't get back up again!

Great time well done!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: laoislad on October 31, 2016, 08:45:51 AM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on October 31, 2016, 08:39:16 AM
Are you ok now? Fair fcuks to you for getting to the finish line after that, that took some balls.I'm surprised the medics let you continue. Were you struggling before you collapsed?

I was getting dizzy about 2 miles before it but kept on pushing. Should have read the signs. One of the medics crossed the line with me in the end up. I had a good rest yesterday and plenty of fluids so I'm well on the mend. Definitely a learning curve.

imtommygunn

Was it mainly dehydration??

Well done all.