Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

I am obviously getting old.

Is 'footpod' Tommy Carr for runner?
MWWSI 2017

magpie seanie

Disastrous month of June when I'd got a bit of a base built up. Only geo out once or twice a week which has me way back. I was away in London for two weeks and I thought I'd run every day but it was a disaster, not entirely my fault, work ran late most evenings.

Anyway - had a decent if slow 6k this evening so hopefully that's the line in the sand. Athlone half marathon in September is the target but a lot to do to get into shape for that.

No1

Super run by Portaferry camog Ciara Mageean earlier today to pick up European bronze for the women's 1500m. Starting to gear up for Rio!

Milltown Row2

Fee great runs around Hyde park and Kensington gardens this week, great spot for running and talent!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: No1 on July 10, 2016, 06:09:51 PM
Super run by Portaferry camog Ciara Mageean earlier today to pick up European bronze for the women's 1500m. Starting to gear up for Rio!

Great run and i think she can do a lot better too. Class athlete. Her and mark english are best we've got.

93-DY-SAM

Trying to get back into a bit of running again after years out with 2/3 regular 3 to 4 mile runs in each week in addition to 2 strength and conditioning sessions. However the past week or so have been getting a real stiffness and soreness in my my knees just below my kneecap on the inside leg. It's particularly sore going up and down stairs. Not sure if it's my feet position or if it's just my knees getting used to running again or something else. Once I get going l can usually run it off but the next day it's back with a bang. Anyone any ideas or had anything similar?

redzone

Sounds like a over use injury. Google house maids knee

tonto1888

Has anyone done any obstacle course racing before? Thinking of doing Born Survivor here in Manchester in September

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 11, 2016, 08:07:45 AM
Has anyone done any obstacle course racing before? Thinking of doing Born Survivor here in Manchester in September

I've done a few of them here in Perth - would totally recommend them, for people of all fitness ranges.

Did the Tough Mudder, which is 19 or 20km, with 3 lads who really wanted to push for a good time, was a tough slog but great craic. Also did an 8km last year with a group who just wanted to finish it - we jogged most of it and helped each other out. Very enjoyable
Hasta la victoria siempre

An Gaeilgoir

Just wondering if many in here have signed up for the Dublin Marathon. I got a rush of blood to the head over the weekend, no backing out now! Also signed up for Gaelforce in August.

The Joyce Country challenge is on this Saturday morning too...

If anyone is looking for a good running club in North Dublin, I recently joined the Dublin Bay Running Club, its a great small and new club, we do two laps of the hill of Howth twice a week (22K), Tuesdays and Thursdays @6.30, with some Bootcamp training sessions thrown in too, 55 Euros a year and off you go. All fitness levels are catered for.

laoislad

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on July 11, 2016, 02:41:22 PM
Just wondering if many in here have signed up for the Dublin Marathon. I got a rush of blood to the head over the weekend, no backing out now! Also signed up for Gaelforce in August.

The Joyce Country challenge is on this Saturday morning too...

If anyone is looking for a good running club in North Dublin, I recently joined the Dublin Bay Running Club, its a great small and new club, we do two laps of the hill of Howth twice a week (22K), Tuesdays and Thursdays @6.30, with some Bootcamp training sessions thrown in too, 55 Euros a year and off you go. All fitness levels are catered for.
I'm doing DCM also this year An Gaeilgoir.
Hopefully we'll both be in a better state if I meet you at the bottom of Roebuck Hill than the last time I met you there!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

heffo

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on July 11, 2016, 02:41:22 PM
Just wondering if many in here have signed up for the Dublin Marathon.

I'm doing it alright, you've loads of time - just follow a 16 week plan and you'll finish.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: redzone on July 10, 2016, 10:46:39 PM

Thanks. Had a look at that. Symptoms not quiet what I have. But it led to to something called runners knee which sounds very like what I am experiencing.

redzone

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on July 11, 2016, 04:26:02 PM

Thanks. Had a look at that. Symptoms not quiet what I have. But it led to to something called runners knee which sounds very like what I am experiencing.

Yip I knew that would lead u there or there abouts. I've had the patella injury and its a long time to heal, in fact it wouldn't until I got an injection. Rest it completely for a month or 2 or it could plague u for ever. Even now I'd still find something now and again.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: redzone on July 11, 2016, 05:11:22 PM
Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on July 11, 2016, 04:26:02 PM

Yip I knew that would lead u there or there abouts. I've had the patella injury and its a long time to heal, in fact it wouldn't until I got an injection. Rest it completely for a month or 2 or it could plague u for ever. Even now I'd still find something now and again.

The more I read into it the symptoms of that are ticking every box for me. Time I had a chat with a physio. Injuries are sh*te.