Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

The top elite runners are just insane to look at.

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 24, 2016, 10:14:16 AM
Quote from: laoislad on April 24, 2016, 10:06:09 AM
London Marathon on BBC atm,is there anyone from here doing it?
They'll hardly be posting on here if they are  ;)
Shut up.
Someone may know of someone doing it.
When are you starting your c25k...its been 4 years now!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Some finish! 10 seconds off the World Record!

5 Sams

Quote from: laoislad on April 24, 2016, 12:04:18 PM
Some finish! 10 seconds off the World Record!

Looks like didn't realise he was so close to the record!
The Aristocrat Years

BenDover

Quote from: laoislad on April 24, 2016, 10:06:09 AM
London Marathon on BBC atm,is there anyone from here doing it?
One of our coaches completed it in 4:27, amazing achievement considering the max miles he did in training was 14.

imtommygunn

I knew a few doing it from local. Times were up and down with one guy's being excellent and various other guys who've broke 3 hours regularly running about 3:10.

A wee girl from somewhere in Down(Laura Graham) did really well - ran 2:48 I think I read she has about 4 kids too and only got into running recently so some going.

Some fast Irish times. LL I think your man Hehir was doing it??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 25, 2016, 10:07:15 AM
I knew a few doing it from local. Times were up and down with one guy's being excellent and various other guys who've broke 3 hours regularly running about 3:10.

A wee girl from somewhere in Down(Laura Graham) did really well - ran 2:48 I think I read she has about 4 kids too and only got into running recently so some going.

A mate of mine did it in 3.38 on his 50th birthday! Great way to spend your 50th
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 25, 2016, 10:07:15 AM

He was. I think he was trying to get an Olympic qualifying time but missed out on it but still set a new PB.

imtommygunn

I don't think any of the Irish guys aiming for olympic qualifying time got it yesterday. I think maybe 4 Irish guys have it already though.

Karl Kennedy

Lads any good running watches out there that simply records time and distance? I did have a garmin with heart rate etc but it was too fancy. Simply want a nice one that does the time and tells distance accurately.

muppet

Quote from: Karl Kennedy on April 28, 2016, 08:30:51 PM
Lads any good running watches out there that simply records time and distance? I did have a garmin with heart rate etc but it was too fancy. Simply want a nice one that does the time and tells distance accurately.

One of these plus a watch?

MWWSI 2017

No1

Garmin Forerunner 110. Dead basic and simple to use if all you are looking is distance and time. Good battery life and I've had mine 3 years and used at least every other day and not one bit of bother (f**ker will probably blow up now)!! Not sure if they are still on the market though, try Amazon or eBay.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: No1 on April 29, 2016, 09:42:10 AM

Garmin Forerunner 110. Dead basic and simple to use if all you are looking is distance and time. Good battery life and I've had mine 3 years and used at least every other day and not one bit of bother (f**ker will probably blow up now)!! Not sure if they are still on the market though, try Amazon or eBay.

Exactly same as mine, Ive the heart monitor also that runs well with it... can take maybe 5 minutes sometimes to find a signal but grand when it does
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Just entered the ballot for next years London Marathon its only opened for a few days if anyone wants to enter.
I see Brendan Rodgers did the Belfast one today.

magpie seanie

Battling my way back from the couch (slowly, very slowly) and just wondering what you guys listen to on your runs. Am sure it has been asked here before but not trawling back through 342 pages! Any good podcasts ye would recommend?