Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: laoislad on February 26, 2016, 12:56:10 PM
Quote from: pullhard on February 25, 2016, 01:57:10 PM
Just set a new 5k pb and achieved one of my years goals, 19 min 5k, I wanted under 20 so delighted, considering im training for a half marathon.

Fair play.

+1. Great running.

trueblue1234

Was given an Aloe Vera rub for my foot and have to say it's done wonders for it.

I'm aiming to do the Omagh Half Marathon now at the end of March. We did a trial one a couple of weeks ago and took 1hr 47mins. Was hoping to get it down to the 1hr 40 mark. What would the chances be of dropping 7 mins in a couple of weeks? This is my first time doing anything over 10K mark. I know some people say the buzz of a race should help to take some time of it.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

AQMP

This is always a good event for anyone on the North West

http://carabundoranrun.com/

lfdown2

Very quiet here of late - I did the Craic 10k in Belfast Paddy's Day - great day for it and good route - managed my first sub 45 time but there was a fuk up with the chip timing and we only got our 'gun' time, need to get another one soon enough to have a registered sub 45!

johnneycool

If you're in the vicinity of the Ards peninsula on Sunday, our club is running its annual 10K;

https://online.athleticsni.org/ps/event/BallygalgetCommunityRoadRace

Midday start, lovely views of the Irish Sea...

laoislad

Quote from: lfdown2 on March 22, 2016, 02:14:45 PM
Very quiet here of late - I did the Craic 10k in Belfast Paddy's Day - great day for it and good route - managed my first sub 45 time but there was a fuk up with the chip timing and we only got our 'gun' time, need to get another one soon enough to have a registered sub 45!
Very quiet indeed. Fair play on the sub 45.I have the Spar Great Ireland 10k in a few weeks.
After not doing much running after the Dublin Half Marathon last September I let my fitness drop considerably,but have really given it a good go since January and have my 5k time back down to where it was last summer at around 22'45 so hoping for a good time in the 10k.
I feel with proper training I can get my 5k down past sub 22 maybe even sub 21 so might give it a good go over the summer.
Still planning on doing the Dublin Marathon this year also.

Anyone else doing anything? muppet, magpie?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ballinaman

Quote from: laoislad on March 22, 2016, 02:29:03 PM
Quote from: lfdown2 on March 22, 2016, 02:14:45 PM
Very quiet indeed. Fair play on the sub 45.I have the Spar Great Ireland 10k in a few weeks.
After not doing much running after the Dublin Half Marathon last September I let my fitness drop considerably,but have really given it a good go since January and have my 5k time back down to where it was last summer at around 22'45 so hoping for a good time in the 10k.
I feel with proper training I can get my 5k down past sub 22 maybe even sub 21 so might give it a good go over the summer.
Still planning on doing the Dublin Marathon this year also.

Anyone else doing anything? muppet, magpie?
Fair play, sub 21 is definitely a solid target with consistent training.
Getting my mojo back in last few weeks....going to target a 5K pb in June-July all going well.
Not doing a marathon this year, just will concentrate on 5k-10k.
Hope to go back to Boston in April 2017 for marathon, time from Amsterdam last year will get me in.

magpie seanie

Disaster since mid February. Had a good 4/5 weeks done to bring me back to a fair enough level but have been sick on and off since. f**king pissed off, can't seem to shake this and get going again.

Clov

Anyone done (or doing) the Mourne Way Marathon? I'm in training for it at the moment - June 11th.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

Milltown Row2

looking to do the Titanic 10K but my daughter is looking to do it also.... Is there a age limit to this? my youngest is 12 but keen to try a proper race but noticed that it says minimum 16, is that the norm for these races?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2016, 11:21:59 PM
looking to do the Titanic 10K but my daughter is looking to do it also.... Is there a age limit to this? my youngest is 12 but keen to try a proper race but noticed that it says minimum 16, is that the norm for these races?

Is there not a kids race before it?

I think 10ks are minimum 16.  I think most ,if not all, adult races are unless specific underage races.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 28, 2016, 03:41:01 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2016, 11:21:59 PM

Is there not a kids race before it?

I think 10ks are minimum 16.  I think most ,if not all, adult races are unless specific underage races.
First race is 1 mile, took youngest out for 6k run today, would not be embarrassed at all considering her time
Yes defo minimum 16... But really didn't think it was the case
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

An Gaeilgoir

Wondering if anyone is doing Connemara on April 10th? Always a good way to kick off the year.

ballinaman

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on March 31, 2016, 01:17:39 PM
Wondering if anyone is doing Connemara on April 10th? Always a good way to kick off the year.
Sadists who came up with that course. Lovely scenery.....in a car!!
Best of luck An Gaeilgoir!

laoislad

I went for a long run yesterday evening(what a beautiful evening it was too!) and half way through I got what I can only describe as pins and needles or a numbness like sensation in my left foot. It lasted for a few miles and then went.
What could be the reason for something like that? It felt weird but didn't hurt so I just kept running.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.