Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 19, 2016, 02:22:31 PM
Yes, well enough I think, not street light level but its busy, theres always people on it

I would feel safe on it
Cheers Mayo4Sam.
I had(for all of 1 millisecond) considered doing hill repeats on Patricks Hill... ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

pullhard

Birthday present to myself booked into a half marathon in May and a highly rated club 5 miler in April.

Going to stick like glue to this http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51133/Half-Marathon-Advanced-Training-Program and try and out of eating shite! would love to break 1.30, a big ask from 1.37.

Also planning to do a few longer runs as the evenings stretch out have to 35 milers in mind, make a day of it

An Gaeilgoir

Anyone doing the Raheny 5 mile at this Sunday?

heffo

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on January 26, 2016, 09:20:14 PM

Looking forward to it

johnneycool

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 18, 2016, 03:56:18 PM
Quote from: clarshack on January 18, 2016, 03:48:08 PM
any runners here suffer from exercise induced asthma?

Very much so. Especially in the cold weather.

Change your breathing technique;

http://www.buteyko.com/index.html

imtommygunn

I had it for a few months the other year and had to pull out of 2 races over it.

You can get an inhaler which should help you but mine only manifested itself when I was pretty much on the edge in races.

Mine was only temporary after training on a chest infection so thanksfully cleared in ~6 months.

Dubh driocht

If anyone happens to be in Bordeaux on Saturday 18th June for the Ireland V Belgium game, I have tracked down a parkrun on the outskirts of town. Hangover permitting, I hope to be there. Anyone else ?
http://www.parkrun.fr/lesdougnes/course/ 

Walter Cronc

Guys in order to help/prevent niggling injuries like groin/hip flexors and so forth does taking fish oil supplements work? If so any you'd recommend? Cheers!

heffo

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on January 26, 2016, 09:20:14 PM

Did you do it? Enjoyable race yesterday

An Gaeilgoir

I did Heffo, it was a good event, i think around 3k started, came in a minute and a half under my target, so not bad for January. The route was a bit flatter this year, due to the roadworks done on the seafront, maybe that helped my time.

Mikhail Prokhorov

thanks to some serious interval training, 3.30 1km repeats with 500 m jog in between, i can now do a 41 minute 10km. Never raced a half marathon before but do you think 90 mins is achievable? thanks

heffo

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on February 01, 2016, 11:11:14 AM
I did Heffo, it was a good event, i think around 3k started, came in a minute and a half under my target, so not bad for January. The route was a bit flatter this year, due to the roadworks done on the seafront, maybe that helped my time.

Great running!

Good event, enjoyed it

laoislad

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on February 01, 2016, 11:18:03 AM
thanks to some serious interval training, 3.30 1km repeats with 500 m jog in between, i can now do a 41 minute 10km. Never raced a half marathon before but do you think 90 mins is achievable? thanks
What were your times before you started the interval training?

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: laoislad on February 01, 2016, 04:44:44 PM

44 mins. 21 for 5km

laoislad

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on February 01, 2016, 08:49:46 PM
Quote from: laoislad on February 01, 2016, 04:44:44 PM

44 mins. 21 for 5km
Do you feel the intervals really gave you the boost to go faster? Did you mix it up with long slow runs also or was it all just intervals you did?