Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on December 01, 2015, 10:13:08 AM
Just thought a few here may want to know, Amazon doing a deal on Asics runners

ASICS 33-Fa, Men's Running Shoes
£110 down to £44

A quality running shoe from all reports, maybe a bargin

Just woke up to these bad boys!!! Thanks for the heads up at the time, my good wife took the hint!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Estimator

Any advice on the good headphones for running? I'm not looking to break the bank, but I'm sick of all the fidgeting with the standard Apple headphones when I'm out running.
Ulster League Champions 2009

maximus

Got a pair of JBL bluetooth headphones for christmas less hassle when not attached 

manfromdelmonte

I hate listening to music when running.

Time spent running is time spent thinking about stuff or not.

I got out for a run today. 25 mins at a slow steady pace.
Don't do much of it, as it tends to slow me down and create injuries

laoislad

Well lads is that time of the year again.
What's everyone's goals for the new year?

I've made up my mind to do the Dublin Marathon again, with an eye to sub 4hr. Probably a bit of  a stretch for me but sure we'll see.
Apart from that just improve times from 5km up.
Got my 5km just under 23mins last year so hoping to go under 22mins next.
Have signed up for a 10km in April.
I've only ever done one 10km race before and that was 3 years ago when I had just started running and was well over 50mins (53 or thereabouts) so would hope to be under 50mins for that.
Apart from that just to keep getting out for a run whenever  I can and to enjoy it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

theskull1

Any of you older runners take a wobbly after hearing about Pavel Srnicek?

Are there any straight forward checks/fitness tests that can detect underlying issues early or can simply be in the lap of the flying spaghetti monster?

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on December 29, 2015, 07:03:19 PM
Any of you older runners take a wobbly after hearing about Pavel Srnicek?

Are there any straight forward checks/fitness tests that can detect underlying issues early or can simply be in the lap of the flying spaghetti monster?

First run of the year, only 6K but considering I kicked out the last revellers at 3.30 and just getting over a sore heel (thanks John) and a slight twinge in my back, I'm happy enough
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Any good advise on a good gps watch for running? Looking to get one that monitors heart rate as well. Are these fitbits any good or what would be the best? Might look to get one in the sales now.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 05, 2016, 08:33:05 PM
Any good advise on a good gps watch for running? Looking to get one that monitors heart rate as well. Are these fitbits any good or what would be the best? Might look to get one in the sales now.

Garmins are quite good.. I've the 110 runner and its been great, also heart monitor with it.. Not too bulky and I've used it while doing open water swimming... Great for logging runs and setting goals, they have their own site for tracking and recording runs but I use the Strava site....

Don't use it as much now as my routes for running are mapped out but if i do a different race or away in a different country its nice to record new routes...  Downside to Gps watches is the need for charging them, some take at least 5 minutes to find a signal, once found it very rarely loses it

heffo

I've the Garmin Forerunner 920 - http://www.wiggle.co.uk/garmin-forerunner-920xt-gps-watch-with-hrm/

it can be used for running, cycling, swimming & Triathlon mode.

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 25, 2015, 07:35:45 AM
Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on December 01, 2015, 10:13:08 AM
Just thought a few here may want to know, Amazon doing a deal on Asics runners

ASICS 33-Fa, Men's Running Shoes
£110 down to £44

A quality running shoe from all reports, maybe a bargin

Just woke up to these bad boys!!! Thanks for the heads up at the time, my good wife took the hint!!

:D
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

laoislad

Quote from: heffo on January 06, 2016, 08:37:37 AM

I've the Garmin Forerunner 920 - http://www.wiggle.co.uk/garmin-forerunner-920xt-gps-watch-with-hrm/

Nice looking watch.
I've the 620 and I love it,it can take a while to find GPS but other than that it's great.
One peculiar thing about it though, when I upload a run to garmin express it always calls the run by location.  Which is fine, but it always seems to get the location wrong.
For example, when I do a run in the Phoenix Park it calls it  Crossmaglen running for some reason.  The map of the run will be at the Park alright but the location name is wrong. It happens with other runs also.
Anyone else ever get that?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

heffo

Quote from: laoislad on January 06, 2016, 10:28:31 AM
Quote from: heffo on January 06, 2016, 08:37:37 AM

Nice looking watch.
I've the 620 and I love it,it can take a while to find GPS but other than that it's great.
One peculiar thing about it though, when I upload a run to garmin express it always calls the run by location.  Which is fine, but it always seems to get the location wrong.
For example, when I do a run in the Phoenix Park it calls it  Crossmaglen running for some reason.  The map of the run will be at the Park alright but the location name is wrong. It happens with other runs also.
Anyone else ever get that?

The 920 uses cached GPS so it's pretty much instant - I have the same problem with a Garmin golf watch.

Garmin has rolled out Irish place names recently so no more Kilkeel/Crossmaglen running

trueblue1234

Just started the running last week and managed to get out 4 times. Nothing spectacular,just under 5 mile runs each time. Was doing roughly 8.42 min miles in the first one  :o (But to be fair I was only trying to get around the course) and yesterday was down to 7.34 per mile. Looking to do a half marathon in March. What's the best way of training? Should I just start upping the distance or is it better to get the current run down time wise first before moving up in distance?   
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

pullhard

Completed my sencond half yesterday, have not trained for a month due to flu, finished 1.37. Please enough, Need to lose weight and put in both speed and distance work, would like to break 1.30