Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullhard

Done 14 miles all off road in rolling hills yesterday in new shoes. Love running off road, wearing new shoes was a terrible mistake!

Bingo

Ran the Gosford Park 10k on Saturday, part of the Born2run series. Good tight run on a testing course alebit one of the fairest runs in the park series that they run. Ran well but definitely lost a bit of the bite since the marathon.

Was good to get a run in before the local 5km this weekend, so it served its purpose.

They are great events, very well run, good atmosphere and in good locations but would struggle to justify doing many more of them at stg£19 preregistration prices. Nice to do one or two of them.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GJL on November 23, 2015, 09:41:21 AM
Not into running much but done the Blood Sweat and Tears 10k yesterday. Some craic..

Seen a lot of photos for this, look good craic indeed
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

No1

Anyone doing the Seeley Cup 10k tomorrow? It's going to be f**king miserable!🙈

Pints afterwards are my only motivation!

Walt Jabsco

No not going to it - no hills, no mud = no fun going XC for the next 3 weeks

pullhard

Right. Thinking of stepping up my distance. got quite a bit done this year. 5k 10ks and halfs.

Thinking of doing an off road ultra, 34mile next year. with a marathon about 1 month before.

Is this doable? should I?

6th sam

Shameless plug:all you runners out there are welcome to Enter "the Griddle 10k" this Sunday at noon.

5k , relay , team event , and walk also available .
Popular established race, major revamp this year.
Scenic route around St Patrick's mountain, chipped/ticked, souvenir tee shirts and other freebies available .
Nb. online entry (discounted rate) via www.athleticsni.org closes on this Wednesday 2nd December .
The perfect way to challenge yourself before Christmas !
Check out details including great video of course , strava route etc on Facebook pages  " the griddle 10k" or "Saul-Gac"

heffo

Anyone running Waterford half marathon Saturday?

Soup an Samajiz

Just thought a few here may want to know, Amazon doing a deal on Asics runners

ASICS 33-Fa, Men's Running Shoes
£110 down to £44

A quality running shoe from all reports, maybe a bargin
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

No1

Any of our cross country lads/lasses reckon you could get away doing a race without spikes? Don't fancy forking out for a pair and then hating it and never running another one!

6th Sam, despite the unlimited horror stories I've heard I signed up for The Griddle, better be a decent spread laid on afterwards!

imtommygunn

I wouldn't recommend it. Some of the courses you'd be lucky to keep your trainers on for the duration of the race especially with the rain this year!

moysider

Here's a very sympathetic 10K this Sunday for anybody in the region. There is a course map/profile on the Facebook page somewhere and there may be video of the route as well by Saturday. It's a good one.

Walt Jabsco

Quote from: No1 on December 03, 2015, 11:37:32 AM
Any of our cross country lads/lasses reckon you could get away doing a race without spikes? Don't fancy forking out for a pair and then hating it and never running another one!

6th Sam, despite the unlimited horror stories I've heard I signed up for The Griddle, better be a decent spread laid on afterwards!

Well No.1 good luck tomorrow at the Griddle was thinking of doing it but going to skip it after the XC today. You are signed up for the Cracker also - you will enjoy it. Scully and Rinty are supposed to be doing as well tell  them to enter ASAP. Once the limit is reached that's it no entry on the day. 

pullhard

Done a 10 mile race at the weekend. 15% of the course off road hilly in places, came home in 1.11. Chuffed with the time :)
Had a Mini Bonk at the end - lesson learnt bring gels

moysider

Quote from: pullhard on December 07, 2015, 08:52:35 AM
Done a 10 mile race at the weekend. 15% of the course off road hilly in places, came home in 1.11. Chuffed with the time :)
Had a Mini Bonk at the end - lesson learnt bring gels

Respect - you got a wee ride as well !!