Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

BM, only heard good things about it. Easy to get too and very well run with very big crowd support on the route. Was reading up on it today at lunch time and it's very tempting at a fraction of the price of London. Think it goes up 7.50 in price, s not too bad.

Done my first Gym class tonight. A friend has developed a new exercise class useless a weight that also doubles as a foam roller, it's called a Ramfit, if you look it up. He just put 30 of them into a big gym in Belfast and it will do.well.

Arms are hanging and a serious workout in 40 minutes.

dec

Quote from: annapr on October 30, 2015, 08:14:23 PM
Did you get in through the ballot dec?

No, I live in New York so I got in through the New York RoadRunners 9+1 program http://www.nyrr.org/join-and-give/become-a-member/run-9-give-1
I ran 9 NYRR races last year (varying distances from 5K to half marathon) and volunteered at 1 of their races.

magpie seanie

moysider

Yeah, best of luck Dec.

heffo

Best of luck - great event to be taking part in!

laoislad

Best of luck Dec,its one id love to do myself someday but I'd have to rely on the ballot system I reckon.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

dec

3:56

I realised after about the third mile that 3:45 wasn't going happen so I adjusted my plan to aim for beating my PR of 3:59.

I'll do a longer update later but for now there is a pint or two that probably aren't going to drink themselves.

Bingo

Quote from: dec on November 01, 2015, 10:05:12 PM
3:56

I realised after about the third mile that 3:45 wasn't going happen so I adjusted my plan to aim for beating my PR of 3:59.

I'll do a longer update later but for now there is a pint or two that probably aren't going to drink themselves.

Fair play dec on the PB. Great going on a tight course by all accounts.

Enjoy the pints.

laoislad

Well done dec great running.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Mayo4Sam

Did the run in the dark last nite in Dublin, piss poor organisation. start delayed by 20 mins and then the 5k was actually 5.5k but not to worry they took ur 5k time further back the road without telling you the race was done
Brutal
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

heffo

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 12, 2015, 05:04:33 PM
Did the run in the dark last nite in Dublin, piss poor organisation. start delayed by 20 mins and then the 5k was actually 5.5k but not to worry they took ur 5k time further back the road without telling you the race was done
Brutal

I did it last year and spent the first 2K getting past people walking - there were groups of aul ones linking arms five and six abrest walking in the first corral near the start line.

Great cause, joke of a run.

ballinaman

Quote from: heffo on November 12, 2015, 05:06:31 PM
Brutal

I did it last year and spent the first 2K getting past people walking - there were groups of aul ones linking arms five and six abrest walking in the first corral near the start line.

Ya, great cause but I've noticed that the majority of races not organised by a club can be dodgy in terms of organisation...mile markers...stewards...distance...results ect...
Doing a 10km this weekend...breathing will be under severe pressure. No intervals for the last month but got to start back sonetime...

Farrandeelin

You braved the elements today anyway ballinaman   :D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ballinaman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 12, 2015, 06:07:47 PM
You braved the elements today anyway ballinaman   :D
Haha...spotted? Ya...crazy weather, got some quare looks

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: heffo on November 12, 2015, 05:06:31 PM
Brutal

At the other end of the spectrum, i completed Sea to Summit supreme last weekend in Westport, fantastic weather, very wll orgainsed and a good tough course. I would highly recommend it.