Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: laoislad on October 26, 2015, 09:55:28 AM
Bingo through 10k in 46mins
1:37 half way for bingo estimated 3:13 finish according to the tracker.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

magpie seanie

That tracker is brilliant.

laoislad

3:18 for bingo.
Some going 2 marathons in a month fair play.

ballinaman

Quote from: laoislad on October 26, 2015, 12:21:57 PM
3:18 for bingo.
Some going 2 marathons in a month fair play.
Serious stuff, mighty. Looked tough day for it by the pictures on twitter. Panned out by a pool in the canaries here....slightly less strenuous.

heffo

Jesus that was tough but really enjoyed it.

Started off on the wrong foot when I got into town with no shorts - I'd left them behind. Was meeting a few people at a gym to get changed so the owner dug out a pair of cycling shorts two sizes too small, eventually someone found a sackcloth for me to wear.

Great atmosphere and support and glad I did it now but I'd say I'll feel it in the morning. Well done to the other runners today who did it in serious times.

take_yer_points

Was moving well today up to about 18 mile but ran out of steam and couldn't keep it up. The last few miles were a torture with my hamstrings as tight as I've ever felt them. Finished up on 3:45 and a few seconds - well inside my only previous time (3:59 in Belfast) but not as fast as hoped.

I wouldn't know Dublin too well so can't comment on the course too much (because I don't know where I was) but that hill in Phoenix park went on forever. Thankfully it was early on. Other things of note were the unreal crowds, the Gooch handing out bottles of lucozade sport at about 20 mile and the super organisation - really enjoyed it

Bingo

Well done lads. Tough day out there when into the wind but it was a help a good part of the day two, miles 10-14 where hard work tough.

Very happy with my time. Wasn't sure how I'd hold together, 3.20 paces went past me with 2 miles to go but I want letting them away and even managed to pass them again in last km. Two of the harest but must satisfying miles I've run.

Fair play to LL for the updates.

Mrs Bingo completed her first marathon and got round in 4.25, brillant running with steady 10 min miles all day.

laoislad

Quote from: Bingo on October 26, 2015, 07:42:10 PM
Well done lads. Tough day out there when into the wind but it was a help a good part of the day two, miles 10-14 where hard work tough.

Very happy with my time. Wasn't sure how I'd hold together, 3.20 paces went past me with 2 miles to go but I want letting them away and even managed to pass them again in last km. Two of the harest but must satisfying miles I've run.

Mrs Bingo completed her first marathon and got round in 4.25, brillant running with steady 10 min miles all day.
Fair play bingo. Will you go for the quadruple of Dublin marathons next year?
I'd say you were glad of the few showers of rain! We could have done with some last year!!
We didn't get to go and cheer ye on as it was too wet to bring the youngfellas out.
Fair play to your Mrs as well, you'll hardly see much action tonight  ;)

ballinaman

Fair play lads, quality stuff. Enjoy walking like John Wayne tomorrow too... ;D

moysider

Back home in front of the stove with a fridge pack. Beer is great recovery with the ould salt content ;D

My best Marathon (of 5)  by a full 10 mins so I'm thrilled to bits. Was on for a sub 3:45 until mile 23 but drained a couple of minutes down the last stretch. I ll not be troubling likes of Bingo's times but I m no Spring chicken and it is a great feeling to be able to improve like this at an age where we are supposed to be going backwards. Seriously good for the head. If anybody told me 5 years ago that I would run marathons I would have had a laugh.

annapr

Excellent running from all the marathoners yesterday,fair play to each of you.
It's a fantastic achievement regardless of time,we all have our own different times to aim for but the ultimate goal is to cross the finish line and that's the one thing we all have in common.
Saying that though,there are some serious runners on here with amazing times.
A great thread this is.

magpie seanie

Well done everyone. Awesome work.

I even got off my hole and got back on the horse over the weekend after a tremendous bout of laziness/feeling sorry for myself/nagging cold/excuses.....etc.

laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 27, 2015, 09:13:26 AM
Well done everyone. Awesome work.

I even got off my hole and got back on the horse over the weekend after a tremendous bout of laziness/feeling sorry for myself/nagging cold/excuses.....etc.
I'll see you at the start line of Dublin 2016.. We can have that long awaited pint together afterwards  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bingo on October 26, 2015, 07:42:10 PM

Would settle for the time your wife done..... My problem would be discipline, sticking to a pace say starting out at a 9 min mile pace... Would get me in under 4 hours which would be great, but having only done 2 half's and loads of shorter distances I think id blow up around 20 miles!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea