Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Quote from: No1 on October 18, 2015, 02:32:37 PM
3:31 odds for me. Absolutely delighted but that is my first and last marathon, never felt pain like that in my life, brutal stuff! Back to half maras and 10ks for me! What was BM's time?
Unreal No1...what a debut!
Marathons are no joke! Found last 5km tough going...tied but a bit but happy with result, left everything out on the course. Will tweak the training and go again...
Came home in 2.46 and a tick...
Thinking of going to durty nellys pub for after 6...panned out in hotel watching rugby now.

laoislad

3:31 odds for me. Absolutely delighted but that is my first and last marathon, never felt pain like that in my life, brutal stuff! Back to half maras and 10ks for me! What was BM's time?
Well done.
In a few weeks when you've recovered and look back on it you'll be wishing to do another one I bet you!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

No1

BM that is absolutely fantastic, what a run. Well done, some athlete! Sitting at the hotel bar here watching the nations latest failure! We'll probably head into town around the same time, shoot me a PM if you want to collect that pint I owe you for all the injury advice! Once again, well done. Fantastic stuff.

heffo

Well done lads, fantastic running from you both

Bingo

Well done lads. Super debut and a serious PB.

Enjoy the sight seeing!

imtommygunn

Great running guys. Bm great to see you getting the time you wanted after being so unlucky with injury time out! Hard work pays off!

Walt Jabsco

Well done to you both.  No.1 how did Rinty get on? I watched some of it on Eurosport coverage just focused on the front 20
Was out today on a recce for a race in the Mournes next weekend hope we get the same weather we got today. last year was brutal weather wise rain and gales.

Milltown Row2

Smashing time... Some pace too... Have you checked you pace ?? Was it even ish over the distance??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

annapr

Impressive Marathon times lads well done.

magpie seanie

In awe of you both guys. Well done.

ballinaman

Serious delayed onset muscle soreness today I tells ya! Myself and a my mate hobbling around the red light district for a gawk this morning..say people must have thought, "jeeze those 2 lads can barely walk...what were they at". ;D

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

magpie seanie

muppet

MWWSI 2017

No1

Walt and MR, I'm only seeing your posts now. Rinty ran 3:17, he was happy enough (believe it or not)!

MR, pace was steady enough and consistent until mile 21. After that it was up and down like a hoors knickers, it was just a matter of not walking and getting finished. Nothing enjoyable about the last 4 or 5 mile.

Delighted with the time but still never doing another one!