Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Did C25K.

Then did 5K to 1/2M.

Then 1/2M back to 5K.

And have just completed 5K back to Couch.

About to start all over again. Jebus.
MWWSI 2017

Bingo

Quote from: muppet on October 12, 2015, 11:43:08 AM
Did C25K.

Then did 5K to 1/2M.

Then 1/2M back to 5K.

And have just completed 5K back to Couch.

About to start all over again. Jebus.

;D  ;D Great post.

At least you know whats ahead of you.  :P

ballinaman

Quote from: muppet on October 13, 2015, 03:55:40 PM
http://www.thejournal.ie/chicago-marathon-wedding-2385557-Oct2015/
Wouldn't have that...would lose a ridiculous amount of time, priorities ! :P

How's taper week for No1...going this weekend too if I remember right?

No1

Going grand BM, it's been my most enjoyable week of running in over 3 months. I could get used to tapering and carb loading! The nerves are starting to kick in a bit but hopefully they'll disappear when the gun goes.

More importantly, have you found a pub close to the Olympic Stadium where we can watch the rugby?  :)

ballinaman

Quote from: No1 on October 14, 2015, 02:22:37 PM
Going grand BM, it's been my most enjoyable week of running in over 3 months. I could get used to tapering and carb loading! The nerves are starting to kick in a bit but hopefully they'll disappear when the gun goes.

More importantly, have you found a pub close to the Olympic Stadium where we can watch the rugby?  :)
ha, good stuff! Weather looks decent, 10 degrees and overcast with hardly any breeze....can't ask for much more than that.
Ya. I've found O'Donnells Irish pub near the Heineken experience museum....staying in a hotel that end of town so will probably hobble/taxi back to hotel and straight to pub for the match...probably will miss a bit of it but what can you do.

Walt Jabsco

Quote from: No1 on October 14, 2015, 02:22:37 PM

Best of luck this weekend No.1 and to Rinty also not forgetting BM have a good one too

Bingo

Best if luck to BM and No1 in Amsterdam this weekend.

Hope the PBS are hit and I know BMs is no soft target.

If nothing else I'm sure the boys with enjoy the post race sights and hospitality  ;D

imtommygunn

Best of luck guys.

laoislad

Good luck lads. Looking forward to the race reports!
Enjoy the 'nightlife' afterwards ;)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

No1

Cheers fellas. Grub into me, one pint to watch the rugby and off to bed. Imagine sitting in on a Saturday night in Amsterdam! Hope tomorrow is worth it! 🙈

magpie seanie

Good luck today lads.

laoislad

Anyone tracking the two lads?

laoislad

10 minute PB for ballinaman! Fair play!

No1

3:31 odds for me. Absolutely delighted but that is my first and last marathon, never felt pain like that in my life, brutal stuff! Back to half maras and 10ks for me! What was BM's time?