Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

Don't know how much of a runner it would be to go through UCD, I train out there with a group, a former Dublin footballer, head of sports out there I think, came up Tuesday evening to tell us basically to f**k off, that it was illegal. No such thing as asking if we had gotten permission, or we can accommodate something. I suppose what do u expect from an ass but a kick.

Nothing like fostering a spirit of participation. He'll likely be telling the marathon Olympians Gerry Kieran trains there the same thing, arsehole
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

muppet

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on October 08, 2015, 01:51:54 PM
Don't know how much of a runner it would be to go through UCD, I train out there with a group, a former Dublin footballer, head of sports out there I think, came up Tuesday evening to tell us basically to f**k off, that it was illegal. No such thing as asking if we had gotten permission, or we can accommodate something. I suppose what do u expect from an ass but a kick.

Nothing like fostering a spirit of participation. He'll likely be telling the marathon Olympians Gerry Kieran trains there the same thing, arsehole

Tell him you work for the Dept of Finance, and you know where the next bug cut will be. p***k.
MWWSI 2017

ballinaman

Quote from: muppet on October 08, 2015, 02:08:23 PM

Tell him you work for the Dept of Finance, and you know where the next bug cut will be. p***k.
Aye, same fella who spat in Anthony Egans face before the 78' league final...not surprised, lovely chap.

AZOffaly

Quote from: ballinaman on October 08, 2015, 03:49:19 PM

Aye, same fella who spat in Anthony Egans face before the 78' league final...not surprised, lovely chap.

Jaysus ye harbour a grudge up there :) I'm guessing the row in '96 will be a sore spot in 20 years time at least!

ballinaman

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 08, 2015, 04:22:37 PM

Jaysus ye harbour a grudge up there :) I'm guessing the row in '96 will be a sore spot in 20 years time at least!
Haha...true, the funny thing is that some of the Mayo players get more stick up here for 96. As David Brady eloquently put it..."some mayo lads lay down picking daisies" during the scrap.

magpie seanie

Quote from: ballinaman on October 08, 2015, 04:29:45 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on October 08, 2015, 04:22:37 PM

Haha...true, the funny thing is that some of the Mayo players get more stick up here for 96. As David Brady eloquently put it..."some mayo lads lay down picking daisies" during the scrap.

Colm McMenamon was great in that row. His best performance on a football field ever!

ONeill

The last couple of runs my ankles area feels like its on fire. No searing pain - just almost unbearable burning/tiredness sensation in that area from about a mile. Is it possible I'm tying my laces too tightly/gutty problem..or needs looked at? The fact that it's both suggests it's something external?

I'd stepped up treadmill running recently due to circumstances - can that have a negative impact on the ankles when road running?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

imtommygunn

Have you new trainers or has anything changed with your trainers/ laces??

Have you tried loosening laces?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on October 10, 2015, 07:59:36 PM
The last couple of runs my cankles area feels like its on fire. No searing pain - just almost unbearable burning/tiredness sensation in that area from about a mile. Is it possible I'm tying my laces too tightly/gutty problem..or needs looked at? The fact that it's both suggests it's something external?

I'd stepped up treadmill running recently due to circumstances - can that have a negative impact on the ankles when road running?

Fixed that for you, its probably the main reason why they hurt :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 10, 2015, 08:20:21 PM

Aye, that's what hit me coming home today. Just wondering if there was anything else to eliminate.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

CD

Quote from: ONeill on October 10, 2015, 10:11:00 PM

Aye, that's what hit me coming home today. Just wondering if there was anything else to eliminate.

There are loads of pages online about ankle pain and threadmill use ONeill. I'd say you needn't look too far for the source of your problems!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CD on October 11, 2015, 12:22:13 PM
Quote from: ONeill on October 10, 2015, 10:11:00 PM

There are loads of pages online about ankle pain and threadmill use ONeill. I'd say you needn't look too far for the source of your problems!

Use a treadmill at least 4 days a week and never (touch wood) had any problems... Be four miles a go on treadmill too.. At 16 miles plus the road running its (for me) fine... Would certainly look at other areas before that.. Gait technique trainers pace... All big factors which can make a difference... Treadmill is actually softer impact on bones... Boring as feck though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

moysider

Quote from: Bingo on October 08, 2015, 12:43:04 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on October 08, 2015, 12:36:53 PM
Quote from: Bingo on October 08, 2015, 10:49:37 AM
Quote from: laoislad on October 08, 2015, 10:30:08 AM
QuoteI'll welcome the abuse and if I'm anywhere near DCU i'll deserve it   
Lol do'h! I meant UCD of course!

:D Had thought so alright. My least favourite part of the course is from Clonskeagh right round to the UCD flyover. I suppose its that far into the course its tough but even when it was that bit earlier in the course it just seems to be so long and open.
Watched the new Dublin course video last night, looks sick. The amount of climbs is mad. Tough course for a PB but fair play to anyone who gets one, would have earned it!

Watched that myself. Don't think they doing themselves any favours with the route been tough. Not attracting much of a competitive field. But the numbers seem to be coming through, so the argument is that they go for a mass field with a friendly supportive crowd rather than an attractive course.

Often thought they could run through UCD grounds rather than round it and take in the hills and climbs round it.

f**k that! should have gone to Berlin :'(
Didn t realise there were changes until yesterday.

Bingo

Quote from: moysider on October 11, 2015, 11:09:36 PM
Quote from: Bingo on October 08, 2015, 12:43:04 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on October 08, 2015, 12:36:53 PM
Quote from: Bingo on October 08, 2015, 10:49:37 AM
Quote from: laoislad on October 08, 2015, 10:30:08 AM
QuoteI'll welcome the abuse and if I'm anywhere near DCU i'll deserve it   
Lol do'h! I meant UCD of course!

:D Had thought so alright. My least favourite part of the course is from Clonskeagh right round to the UCD flyover. I suppose its that far into the course its tough but even when it was that bit earlier in the course it just seems to be so long and open.
Watched the new Dublin course video last night, looks sick. The amount of climbs is mad. Tough course for a PB but fair play to anyone who gets one, would have earned it!

Watched that myself. Don't think they doing themselves any favours with the route been tough. Not attracting much of a competitive field. But the numbers seem to be coming through, so the argument is that they go for a mass field with a friendly supportive crowd rather than an attractive course.

Often thought they could run through UCD grounds rather than round it and take in the hills and climbs round it.

f**k that! should have gone to Berlin :'(
Didn t realise there were changes until yesterday.

Don't fret too much on the course. The first climb comes early and will be over before you even think too much on it.

While the course has changed, its not massively different and a look at the video will mark out the tighter parts of the run. Remember - what goes up must come down, so as you start and finish in one place, you get back what you lose.

take_yer_points