Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CD

Amazing Bingo! Respect!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

heffo

Brilliant running Bingo, well done!

imtommygunn

An Gaeilgoir

Haven't posted in here in ages, some serious runners in here now, I am running the Galway half on Saturday, hoping to break my PB of 1.50, i have a big awards night out the night before so we will see how it goes. I have signed up for Sea to Summit as well, dont know what to expect, it will be my first adventure race and am really looking forward to it, i have signed up for the supreme, have any of you done it?

Bingo

Just in case anyone should might miss it, entry for Dublin Marathon closes tomorrow at 5pm. Surprising how people are training for it now and will actually miss the registration cut-off.

muppet

Quote from: Bingo on September 27, 2015, 12:43:08 PM
Bingo home and hosed! 3.16.48, set out on 3.15 pace and was ahead of that for long time but two 8min miles is last five put paid to that.

Still delighted with  a 5min PB and it an unreal experience running in such an event. Amazing experience.

In a cafe with WiFi so said I'd say hello. Cheers for all the messages.

No doubt I'll have a bit more to post on it later  ;)

Time for one of tho'se big beers, a stein I think it's called and a big German sausage!

Fair play Bingo well done.

Now for that 3 hour barrier!
MWWSI 2017

mb80b60

Quote from: Bingo on September 30, 2015, 05:30:58 PM
Just in case anyone should might miss it, entry for Dublin Marathon closes tomorrow at 5pm. Surprising how people are training for it now and will actually miss the registration cut-off.

Thats a bit of a shame.  I ran Berlin on Sunday and was hoping to see how I felt this weekend before deciding whether or not to enter.  I guess they have to cut it off sometime.

Bingo

Quote from: muppet on October 01, 2015, 03:42:58 PM

That will take some doing but never say never.

Quote from: mb80b60 on October 01, 2015, 03:50:10 PM

Thats a bit of a shame.  I ran Berlin on Sunday and was hoping to see how I felt this weekend before deciding whether or not to enter.  I guess they have to cut it off sometime.

Yeah, its a close call but I took the leap and will run it, what the pace will be will be decided over the coming weeks.

How did you find Berlin?

ballinaman

Anyone get word back from London marathon? They sending out emails if you've got in or not.
I haven't got anything back yet...

laoislad

I got an email saying I didn't get in which I'm not that upset about tbh!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ballinaman

Quote from: laoislad on October 01, 2015, 08:35:26 PM
Checked by junk mail there and got the same one. Meh..might leave them for a couple of years after Amsterdam.

laoislad

Quote from: ballinaman on October 01, 2015, 09:24:28 PM
Checked by junk mail there and got the same one. Meh..might leave them for a couple of years after Amsterdam.
I plan on doing Dublin 2016.
The year after that I'll be turning 40 so would love to do one abroad to mark turning 40. The New York marathon is around the time of my birthday(November) so doing that would be great but I hear its also difficult to get into as its also a lottery.

dec

Quote from: laoislad on October 01, 2015, 09:42:15 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on October 01, 2015, 09:24:28 PM
I plan on doing Dublin 2016.
The year after that I'll be turning 40 so would love to do one abroad to mark turning 40. The New York marathon is around the time of my birthday(November) so doing that would be great but I hear its also difficult to get into as its also a lottery.

If you use a tour company (eg. http://sportstravelinternational.com/) then you will get guaranteed entry (and pay for the privilege)

mb80b60

Quote from: Bingo on October 01, 2015, 04:06:04 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 01, 2015, 03:42:58 PM

That will take some doing but never say never.

Quote from: mb80b60 on October 01, 2015, 03:50:10 PM

Yeah, its a close call but I took the leap and will run it, what the pace will be will be decided over the coming weeks.

How did you find Berlin?

It was my first marathon so I don't have a lot to compare it to... but I thought it was fantastic.  There was great support the whole way and I found the stations well stocked.  It was very flat and the weather was perfect.  I've seen some people complain about the cups of water but I didn't find it an issue (I was hoping for a sub 5 hour so it didn't bother me to stop and sip it).  The bag drop was well enough signposted I thought.  I finished in 4.53 which I was delighted to get and I'll definitely run more marathons now.  I'd highly recommend Berlin to a first timer.  What did you think?  You were going for a much quicker time...... did you find the stations problematic?

laoislad

Fair play to you mb80b60.