Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: lfdown2 on May 27, 2015, 03:05:51 PM
Just signed up - where on the page is the groups? When i search GAA Board & GAA BOARD (as a test) in 'Explore - Clubs' the following comes up;

No clubs with the name GAA Board found.

Also not sure it is compatible with my watch (Nike+) might have to do some tinkering but sure I can work round that.

Let us know how you go with that - I have a strava account, but I use the Nike+ watch for my runs - can they be linked?
Hasta la victoria siempre

laoislad

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on May 28, 2015, 05:26:45 AM
Just signed up - where on the page is the groups? When i search GAA Board & GAA BOARD (as a test) in 'Explore - Clubs' the following comes up;

Also not sure it is compatible with my watch (Nike+) might have to do some tinkering but sure I can work round that.

Let us know how you go with that - I have a strava account, but I use the Nike+ watch for my runs - can they be linked?
Use this to download the files from your Nike + account to your computer
https://mattstuehler.com/lab/NikePlus/

Then just upload them manually to Strava.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: laoislad on May 28, 2015, 07:37:22 AM
Quote from: Never beat the deeler on May 28, 2015, 05:26:45 AM

Use this to download the files from your Nike + account to your computer
https://mattstuehler.com/lab/NikePlus/

Then just upload them manually to Strava.

Cheers, just tried it there and uploaded my latest run, though it cut off when I went through a tunnel at 2.5km!!
Hasta la victoria siempre

magpie seanie

Warriors Run online registration is open.....not sure for how long, it sells out quickly.

http://www.warriorsfestival.com/

CD

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 28, 2015, 04:21:11 PM
Warriors Run online registration is open.....not sure for how long, it sells out quickly.

I'm assuming 'event limit has reached its maximum value' means it's sold out! 10 minutes in it tells you that!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Milltown Row2

6 miles tonight...gentle run and into a Pilates class afters!! Nice end to the day
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

Quote from: CD on May 28, 2015, 07:37:00 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 28, 2015, 04:21:11 PM

I'm assuming 'event limit has reached its maximum value' means it's sold out! 10 minutes in it tells you that!

Ah balls to that. I know from last year and talking to people who do it every year that there is no problem picking up an entry with people dropping out etc closer to the time. Last year was my first time and the night after the race was one of the best nights ever. Massive buzz in the village.

CD

Parkrun PB this morning! Woohoo! Thought I'd maxed out! Didn't do the long slow run beforehand so had a bit more in the legs. Wine and a Chinese for me tonight!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CD on May 30, 2015, 11:52:15 AM
Parkrun PB this morning! Woohoo! Thought I'd maxed out! Didn't do the long slow run beforehand so had a bit more in the legs. Wine and a Chinese for me tonight!

Brilliant, im sure tongue was hanging the whole time!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

heffo

@Laoislad - is the Grifeen Parkrun totally flat? Have only been at the GAA pitches and wouldn't mind a go at a new PB tomorrow..

laoislad

Yeah it's pretty much flat.
It's a two lap course, with a long straight stretch of about 1km on both laps, wind is usually in your back also for these stretches.
I always hate the last bit when you go over the little bridge after the long stretch, up toward the finish line, it's only about 800mts but I always struggle here.

Doing Marlay Park myself tomorrow. Would also like to try Tymon Park some time and I think there is a new one in Palmerstown.

heffo

Quote from: laoislad on June 05, 2015, 12:07:53 PM
Yeah it's pretty much flat.
It's a two lap course, with a long straight stretch of about 1km on both laps, wind is usually in your back also for these stretches.
I always hate the last bit when you go over the little bridge after the long stretch, up toward the finish line, it's only about 800mts but I always struggle here.

Doing Marlay Park myself tomorrow. Would also like to try Tymon Park some time and I think there is a new one in Palmerstown.

Cheers. Marlay Pk is nice - one lap. There is also a farmers market on afterwards and you can get some savage food.

Palmerstown (Waterstown Park) is very hilly - it's essentially a park on the side of a hill from Stewarts hospital going down to the Liffey

laoislad

Been around Marlay a good few times, first time doing their park run though.

I see Kilkenny have a park run now also, gonna be down home in a few weekends time and will do it.
Should be nice as its in the Castle grounds.
Park run is great really considering it's free.

Bingo

Castleblayney Parkrun confirmed this week and will start in early July. Great news.

lfdown2

Quote from: Bingo on June 05, 2015, 02:44:19 PM
Castleblayney Parkrun confirmed this week and will start in early July. Great news.

Were you involved in setting it up Bingo? I'd say there is a brave bit of work in it, would love to have one close to home and toyed with the idea of getting involved with starting one, just don't think I would have the time to set it up and the weekly commitment to running it.