Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Yep, going to do 10k but have no hope of breaking 50mins, haven't been out much in the past two weeks.

Bingo

What date is the lisburn on? If I remember right, its a midweek race.

Been back a few weeks now after a break of nearly 2 weeks and glad to be back. Rest seemed to do the world of good. Feel far fresher now, got up 25miles last week and 12.5miles this week already.

Loosely planning on doing the Dunshaughlin 10km on 20th June for a craic at sub40m and then Clontarf half on 4th July. That would have take me up to a 12 week countdown to Berlin and the 12wk plan that I intend to follow which is high mileage and will be demanding.

imtommygunn

Lisburn isn't the best of courses for a time bingo...

It's always on a wednesday though not sure of date this year.

Bingo

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 27, 2015, 10:07:29 AM
Lisburn isn't the best of courses for a time bingo...

It's always on a wednesday though not sure of date this year.

Had heard that alright, if it suited might just run the half as a runout rather than race it.

Saying that, if its midweek might to hard to get up to it in time.

imtommygunn

There's a new half course this year apparently which I heard was a lot faster. The problem with the 10k is that if you're going any way fast you hit the tail end of the half marathon race and have to meander through them. When you're trying to get through them and some guy plonks himself right in front of you to tie his lace it doesn't help!! It's also hilly enough.

Bingo

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 27, 2015, 10:36:11 AM
There's a new half course this year apparently which I heard was a lot faster. The problem with the 10k is that if you're going any way fast you hit the tail end of the half marathon race and have to meander through them. When you're trying to get through them and some guy plonks himself right in front of you to tie his lace it doesn't help!! It's also hilly enough.

Cheers.
Had look at website there. Half starts 6.45pm and 10KM 7.10pm on Wed 17th June. So you could run into traffic on the back end but you'd hope it be well spread out at that stage.

They are saying its a new course with no hills. They have a race map but no garmin or mapmyrun type profile to show the elevation.

Will keep it in mind but I see that registration closes on the 5th June.

imtommygunn

Last time I did it there was registration on the day but it was at least a tenner,maybe more, dearer - it was quite extortionate.

They may even have pacers - I know they do for the half.

Bingo

http://rw.runnersworld.com/sub-2/?cid=social46477606&adbid=10152802357111987&adbpl=fb&adbpr=9815486986

Some folks may enjoy this - loads of stats and very well presented. Will take a while though and has sorted my lunch hour!

lfdown2

Was there a strava group set up, got out for the first time in a while over the weekend - with football and injury holding me back for the last few months, the group would definitely help the motivation

lfdown2

Just signed up - where on the page is the groups? When i search GAA Board & GAA BOARD (as a test) in 'Explore - Clubs' the following comes up;

No clubs with the name GAA Board found.

Also not sure it is compatible with my watch (Nike+) might have to do some tinkering but sure I can work round that.

Orior

I'm on it too, but would only post a fraction of the miles that the rest do.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

charlieTully

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 26, 2015, 05:33:43 PM
Lisburn city half and 10K races coming up soon, anyone doing them? CD, Rios?? Going to do the 10k...42mins target

was hoping to do it but anytime I have run since the marathon have to stop after a couple of miles with pain in my upper right leg, hip flexors groin area. have tried ice baths, ART and rolling and stretching but its getting no better. pissed off and getting fat.

lfdown2

Signed up, will see about uploading shortly

CD

many thanks for the advice Ballinaman! Not a pleasant wee niggle this one!
hoping to do Lisburn MR. Haven't decided on Half or 10k. If 10k I'll target 42 mins. Did Les Jones there in 42.59 and was comfortable at that.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CD on May 27, 2015, 05:54:49 PM
many thanks for the advice Ballinaman! Not a pleasant wee niggle this one!
hoping to do Lisburn MR. Haven't decided on Half or 10k. If 10k I'll target 42 mins. Did Les Jones there in 42.59 and was comfortable at that.

Would love another 42 but will settle for 44 as I haven't done 6/8 miles for a while... 3 milers daily but hopefully on day feel strong enough...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea