Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

I regularly run that time over that distance but to get 5K under 20ins is actually harder than you think...the last few hundred yards are desperate!! But good lucks anyways
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

No1

Ben Dearg Coast 10k on Sunday 22nd February at 1pm. Start line at Kilclief GAC just 2 miles from Strangford. 

Nice flat course with beautiful scenery to kick start your racing season in 2015. A great post race spread also!!!

If you want anymore details PM me.

leaveherinsir

Doing parkrun this am and the calf went at about 2.75 mile. Feckin sore now. Setback on the 20 min 5k target! :-(

Bingo

The pace (pardon the pun) of this thread seems to have slowed somewhat.  :-[

Decent week after a rather hectic 30 day spell that saw me running most days, albeit the odd rest day and only for 30 mins a day but was normally at high intensity.

Last week was:

Monday - easy recovery run for 30mins on threadmill to sweat the beers out from the weekend (first of the year)
Wednesday - Interval session of sorts. 2km warm up then 3 x 1km at 3.26, 3.33 and 3.36. 2km cool down. Should have hit better times but breathing and legs just weren't in it. It was a tight session though.
Saturday  - only 3.5miles but a killer session. All on pretty steep hills in local park. You literally start at bottom run up to top, go down other side, reach bottom and return over to far side, reach bottom and repeat. At easy pace but a real leg burner.
Sunday - First early morning ten miler of the year. Took a while to get legs going but was a beautiful, bright mild morning. Did just over the ten with a average pace of 7.35 per mile. Felt it yesterday evening.

A few 5kms coming up locally so planning in giving them a good run to see where I'm at but intend to keep building up the long runs and weekly miles.

johnneycool

Quote from: No1 on February 12, 2015, 10:09:47 PM
Ben Dearg Coast 10k on Sunday 22nd February at 1pm. Start line at Kilclief GAC just 2 miles from Strangford. 

Nice flat course with beautiful scenery to kick start your racing season in 2015. A great post race spread also!!!

If you want anymore details PM me.

Get the count man to do it with you, he was out for a run on Sunday morning.

Managed my first run of the year later on that day, 5 miler, just under 49 minutes, feckin wind was awful at times, but happy enough as I've done SFA since november!

Need to get the trainers sorted though, feckin blister on the ankle, burst and all!

muppet

Doing very little. Hard to get motivated.

First ParkRun of the year at the weekend and broke 25 mins which I definitely wasn't expecting. So not that bad a place to start the year I suppose.

10k coming up in early March so need to start running regularly again.
MWWSI 2017

Rois

Haven't run much this year at all. 
But that's changing tonight, I'm signing up to Strabane/Lifford half marathon on 26 April as I do better when I have a plan to follow.

Has anyone used the my-asics app?  Really keen to use a training app so that I don't have to keep looking at my watch and keeping time for trying to do the tempo runs.

Bingo

Quote from: Rois on February 16, 2015, 01:46:19 PM
Haven't run much this year at all. 
But that's changing tonight, I'm signing up to Strabane/Lifford half marathon on 26 April as I do better when I have a plan to follow.

Has anyone used the my-asics app?  Really keen to use a training app so that I don't have to keep looking at my watch and keeping time for trying to do the tempo runs.

Looked at that app once upon a time but found that with the Garmin, you can set it up to do everything that an app can do without the bulk of a smartphone. I'd rarely run with the phone even on me now as I find it a distraction and I don't listen to music as much as I did.

A flick of the wrist will tell you all from the watch or you can set pace monitors on it for Tempo runs.

But everyone to there own and if you run with a phone, then the app could very well suit you.

Rois

I'm just being lazy, wanting an app to tell me when to speed up and slow down on tempo runs without having to concentrate. 

I am used to running with a phone around my arm so I'm not too worried about that. 

My last (and only) half marathon was 2.04 so really want to get under the 2hr mark. 

CD

Had massive plans for loads of running this week but am down with severe manflu! Ran a 5k pb last week and 10 miles on the Monday after in 75mins but been sick since and can't shake it!  :(
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

No1

QuoteGet the count man to do it with you, he was out for a run on Sunday morning.

Managed my first run of the year later on that day, 5 miler, just under 49 minutes, feckin wind was awful at times, but happy enough as I've done SFA since november!

Need to get the trainers sorted though, feckin blister on the ankle, burst and all!

Nothing stopping the two of youse coming over and showing us what proper hurling men are made of! I think our friend is tipping away at the park runs aswell, don't think he trained as hard when he was playing!

I'll give him a shout and see what he is at, might have to bribe him with a pint afterwards!

moysider

Injury and 'flu' have ruined my training for Barcelona. Only ran 4 times since 20 miler on Jan. 25th so that s over for me. Did a 5 miler this evening and it felt like I had never ran before in my life even though pace was modest enough. Worst run of injury/illness in a while.

johnneycool

Quote from: No1 on February 16, 2015, 08:01:16 PM
QuoteGet the count man to do it with you, he was out for a run on Sunday morning.

Nothing stopping the two of youse coming over and showing us what proper hurling men are made of! I think our friend is tipping away at the park runs aswell, don't think he trained as hard when he was playing!

I'll give him a shout and see what he is at, might have to bribe him with a pint afterwards!

Was talking to him last night and we're both up in the hurling heartland of Bangor at an underage blitz.

muppet

Quote from: Rois on February 16, 2015, 03:01:48 PM
I'm just being lazy, wanting an app to tell me when to speed up and slow down on tempo runs without having to concentrate. 

I am used to running with a phone around my arm so I'm not too worried about that. 

My last (and only) half marathon was 2.04 so really want to get under the 2hr mark.

What are your 5k/10k times Rois?
MWWSI 2017

No1

Quotewas talking to him last night and we're both up in the hurling heartland of Bangor at an underage blitz.

Fair enough, a much better way to be spending your time. No sneaking into The Pit Stop afterwards!