Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Bingo on January 16, 2015, 12:22:43 PM
The must have runner of 2015  8)

http://www.enko-running-shoes.com/

Should there be a 'W' before the brand name?
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Quote from: muppet on January 16, 2015, 09:35:33 PM
Quote from: Bingo on January 16, 2015, 12:22:43 PM
The must have runner of 2015  8)

http://www.enko-running-shoes.com/

Should there be a 'W' before the brand name?

Looks like there should!

I think I ll start a book as regards who ll be the first *enko to appear at park run in a pair of those.

Mind you I never thought I'd be wearing a pair of those running leggings or lycra cycling shorts myself :o

magpie seanie

Funny you should mention running leggings. I've always been an advocate of shorts and frowning on leggings etc. Until yesterday maybe. On my lunchtime run yesterday I had just turned into the wind just as a rather nasty hail shower started. I had 3 layers on on top so it was just a case of keeping the head down and keeping her lit. About 5 or 6 minutes into this I began to experience and strange and very uncomfortable pain in a quite sensitive area of my anatomy. Now I've played football in all sorts of conditions loads and loads of times but I never experienced anything like this, ahem, discomfort! I was really glad when I reached the turn at the top of the road, I can tell you!

heffo

Anyone doing Hell and Back next weekend?

CD

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 17, 2015, 08:38:54 AM
Funny you should mention running leggings. I've always been an advocate of shorts and frowning on leggings etc. Until yesterday maybe. On my lunchtime run yesterday I had just turned into the wind just as a rather nasty hail shower started. I had 3 layers on on top so it was just a case of keeping the head down and keeping her lit. About 5 or 6 minutes into this I began to experience and strange and very uncomfortable pain in a quite sensitive area of my anatomy. Now I've played football in all sorts of conditions loads and loads of times but I never experienced anything like this, ahem, discomfort! I was really glad when I reached the turn at the top of the road, I can tell you!
Then it was only your hoop you had to worry about!! 😨
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

magpie seanie

January has been a struggle to get into a rhythm (always a busy time in my job) but finally think I'm getting into a routine again. A few targets floating around in my mind for the year. 10 miler in Bundoran (Cara) first up I reckon. We'll see how that pans out. My main goals though are to lose about a stone and clip a nice bit off my Warriors Run time, obviously these are not mutually exclusive.

Mayo4Sam

Dopey f**ker easing up
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

ballinaman

3.5 mile run to park,
16.53 parkrun will loads of juice in the tank left, tried to keep splits even.
3.5 mile run home.

Handy way to use parkruns as tempo sessions if you are withink 3/4 mile of route.

Interesting article here about how the time of the event can affect performance, goes along with what tommy mentioned a few months ago that early morning races are more difficult. So bare in mind with regards to marathon training, get your long runs in at a similar time to when the actual races starts.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/well/2015/01/29/for-athletes-the-time-of-an-event-can-affect-performance/?_r=0&referrer

CD

That's ridiculous running Ballinaman! I'm finding it hard to get going at the moment. Managed to get my last 2 parkruns under 20mins and happy with that but just can't seem to get out at all during the week. Hoping February will be the start of it now and I can get a bit of motivation out of somewhere!

charlieTully

Quote from: CD on February 01, 2015, 08:01:28 PM
That's ridiculous running Ballinaman! I'm finding it hard to get going at the moment. Managed to get my last 2 parkruns under 20mins and happy with that but just can't seem to get out at all during the week. Hoping February will be the start of it now and I can get a bit of motivation out of somewhere!

fancy half marathon 7th march carlingford? go on the rip after.

CD

I have a 10 mile race the following weekend and 10k on the 17th as well as the Omagh half on 28th. I think that's plenty for March. Don't even know if I'll be in shape for those at the moment!! If I get my dodgy ankle through those unscathed I'm aiming for the Belfast marathon but I'd need to start seriously this week or I won't make it!

muppet

Quote from: ballinaman on January 31, 2015, 11:55:24 AM
3.5 mile run to park,
16.53 parkrun will loads of juice in the tank left, tried to keep splits even.
3.5 mile run home.

Handy way to use parkruns as tempo sessions if you are withink 3/4 mile of route.

Interesting article here about how the time of the event can affect performance, goes along with what tommy mentioned a few months ago that early morning races are more difficult. So bare in mind with regards to marathon training, get your long runs in at a similar time to when the actual races starts.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/well/2015/01/29/for-athletes-the-time-of-an-event-can-affect-performance/?_r=0&referrer

Some going that.

I am struggling for motivation as well. Signed up for a 10k in a few weeks so hopefully the 'thickness' Seanie refers to will return.
MWWSI 2017