Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Happy new year lads on the most sane and WUMless thread on the board!

Been a productive year running but haven't hit the target new PB's but plenty of PBs all the same and comfortably below 20m for 5km.

Have done a ball of races since Dublin and really enjoyed racing them. Fairly happy with times as well as not been racking up too many miles. Ran the local 10km on St Stephens day and another 10km in Emyvale this morning in very windy conditions.

2015 will see a big effort to break 40m for 10km in immediate future, then the Newry half before a good run at Berlin for the full at end of September.

Looking forward to it and the updates here as well.

CD

Happy new year runners! Now that the festive dust has settled and the I suppose it's time to set a few targets for the new year! I'm looking to start my season with the Cara Bundoran on 15th March then the Craic run Belfast on Paddies day and aim for Omagh Half on 28th. Might look at Larne half or DUNE if I'm feeling up to it! All being well with a still dodgy ankle I'd like a couple of marathons in the late spring!

Anyone else have a few races to look forward to? I find that I won't get out to train if I don't have a few races to prepare for.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Milltown Row2

Just heard about this Craic race CD hmmmmmm interesting :o. Maybe a duel lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gerry

Omagh 10k in feb, bundoran 10 mile in march, Omagh half in March then it's back to the bike.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

gerry

Btw is there a strava gaaboard group.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

CD

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 09, 2015, 07:19:41 PM

We knew this day would come! Looking forward to it  :D

leaveherinsir

Ran my first 5k in an eon there on Wed evening on the treadmill tho. My target is to get back.out on the road and eventually get back to a sub 20 5k. Not too sure about longer runs to i see how the back holds up.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CD on January 09, 2015, 07:57:00 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 09, 2015, 07:19:41 PM

We knew this day would come! Looking forward to it  :D

f**k lol... Ok will have to up my game while I'm working away in England these next five weeks lol!!!..is there a link to website? Not where I was last year 42 minutes do will have to put effort in
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CD

http://aisling-events.com/event/craic-10k-belfast/
Still working out how to copy and paste on the iPad! She's not easy!
I did my last 10k in about 42.30 so would be aiming for that again! Looks like a good route and a nice way to spend St Patrick's morning!

Milltown Row2

Cheers, good target will pencil that in...

charlieTully

Will do that one myself. 

Milltown Row2

CD

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CD on January 10, 2015, 03:16:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 10, 2015, 02:59:00 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on January 10, 2015, 02:28:59 PM
Will do that one myself.

More pressure lol
hah!  ;)

Will hit the road tomorrow, I've a hilly 10k route but will head onto tow path and set the clock for 10k

Bingo