Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CD

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 24, 2014, 11:05:05 AM
Great morning for a run..... 10K in 45mins on a fairly hill route. Going to do it every morning till I'm back to work..
Same myself! Did I pass you 😜?
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

muppet

Quote from: CD on December 24, 2014, 11:19:30 AM
Great morning for a run..... 10K in 45mins on a fairly hill route. Going to do it every morning till I'm back to work..

There are two chances of me doing a run today, or tomorrow for that matter!
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CD on December 24, 2014, 11:19:30 AM

I'd say you'll pass me now  ;).  I'll be back though as Arnie says!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Got up early and went for a run around Marlay Park. Lovely morning for it.
Did about 8k. Longest I've run for a while
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

andoireabu

Haven't run a mile since the marathon.  People told me it's a bug but I haven't caught it.  Would like to do another one but it will be on my terms when I'm good and ready. January is a good time to start training i hear. Happy Christmas lads. Hope it's a good one.
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

Milltown Row2

Same route different direction same fecking time!! 3 pounds heavier though!! Living away from home has its down sides!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CD

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 26, 2014, 11:32:21 AM
Same route different direction same fecking time!! 3 pounds heavier though!! Living away from home has its down sides!!
Way too cold for me out there this morning and carrying half a turkey inside doesn't help! Potential snow won't encourage me to do park run tomorrow either! Fair play MR! You doing the Titanic 10k on New Year's Day?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CD on December 26, 2014, 12:53:17 PM
Way too cold for me out there this morning and carrying half a turkey inside doesn't help! Potential snow won't encourage me to do park run tomorrow either! Fair play MR! You doing the Titanic 10k on New Year's Day?

I do my normal circuit on New years first thing wouldn't be fit for driving but I usually knock out 6 miles to get a clear head... Never knew there was a titanic new years one, tough enough on a good day... Did it last time (summer?) head wind all way down Sydenham road!

CD

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 26, 2014, 05:29:22 PM
Quote from: CD on December 26, 2014, 12:53:17 PM

I do my normal circuit on New years first thing wouldn't be fit for driving but I usually knock out 6 miles to get a clear head... Never knew there was a titanic new years one, tough enough on a good day... Did it last time (summer?) head wind all way down Sydenham road!
Aye - did that one and struggled! I'm for Anfield courtesy of my wife so won't be running myself!

maxpower

Anyone doing the race over the glens on New Years Day.  I've only ever completed Parkruns and I think this is just under 6mile.  If nothing else it's a lovely Forrest park in Glenarriffe
What happens next????

gerry

thats greencastle and lough5 done for another year, just entered for the omagh half marathon in march. 
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

CD

Quote from: gerry on December 31, 2014, 05:00:11 PM
thats greencastle and lough5 done for another year, just entered for the omagh half marathon in march.
Omagh is on my radar as well Gerry. The Cara, Bundoran 10mile a week earlier is a good marker for it. The offer of 20euro registration ends tonight so I must register for it now!

laoislad

Happy new year to all my fellow runners on here. A great group of fellas ye are,oh and not forgetting the girls Rois and Milltown Row...

I had a very enjoyable year running and done things I never thought I be capable of and this thread was a great help.
I also loved hearing about the progress of the newer runners like muppet and magpie seanie as I was only new myself at the start of the year.
Looking forward to the new year and setting new PB's

I hear Tony Baloney got new runners for Christmas and will be starting a couch to 5k programme tomorrow.......
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Same to you ya fecker!! Did my new year run this morning.... 5 miles in the wind and almost tropical temperatures, 13 degrees ffs!! Can you get done for running while over the limit?? Get on the roads lads

ballinaman

Dublin marathon October
Hampton Court Half marathon Feb 22nd
Sub 16.30 5K

Goals set!