Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

CD

Quote from: Bingo on December 07, 2014, 04:09:11 PM
Sorry, that was a preview link.

Correct link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akhV-ylowyc
Nobody does community better than the GAA! Congratulations to all involved - an extremely worthwhile and obviously successful program. I would see this kind of initiative playing a key role the GAA's immediate and long term future.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

ballinaman

charlieTully

muppet

MWWSI 2017

CD

Anyone brave a Parkrun this morning? It was fierce cold out there - a couple of lads went arse over tit! Treacherous underfoot. I was reading a weather story earlier suggesting that we could be set for a severe winter with long periods of ice and snow into February. That'll put the winter training program into doubt and will definitely impact my hopes for next year.

muppet

Quote from: CD on December 13, 2014, 06:11:57 PM
Anyone brave a Parkrun this morning? It was fierce cold out there - a couple of lads went arse over tit! Treacherous underfoot. I was reading a weather story earlier suggesting that we could be set for a severe winter with long periods of ice and snow into February. That'll put the winter training program into doubt and will definitely impact my hopes for next year.

I did it. A minute off my best and even slower than when I ran after a night of wine. I am putting it down to the ice but unfairness it was alright. I only felt like running for the last 500m and could have run on. Probably because I was running longer runs recently.
MWWSI 2017

Bingo

Great weather for running in once its not too slippy underfoot.

Did a local 5m race yesterday, haven't been doing too much recently and mainly short runs. Was a nice route, tougher opening half with a decent climb just before halfway and a very fast descent just after it. Finished in 32.13, which was happy enough, got into a decent race for positions and looked like I was goosed in the last half mile but dug in and held them off.

Next up is the local 10km on St Stephens day, was like ice skating last year in parts! But always a good relaxed run for burning off some of the turkey before another fill of it.

ballinaman

Many racing over Christmas? Bingo in the 10KM on Stephens day.....am park running tomorrow and another 5K on Stephensisssss day too

Also, great german doc on how the Russians are up to theirs eyes on dope...worth a look! Part 1 here, rest are on youtube too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1YlKaN3cPs

gerry

Doing the Greencastle 5 miler on St Stephens day, can't say I am looking forward to it.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Rois

Quote from: gerry on December 19, 2014, 06:00:31 PM
Doing the Greencastle 5 miler on St Stephens day, can't say I am looking forward to it.
Did it a couple of years ago but won't bother doing it again (sorry Ziggy!) because it just messed up the day. Ok if you live within ten miles of Greencastle, not if it takes you 45 mins to get there.
This year I will be hiking in Queenstown, NZ on Stephen's Day.

TabClear

I did the Greencastle a couple of times. Once was great craic and the muliple pints watching the football in the afternoon were just that bit sweeter as it felt like they had been earned!  ;D

Second time was the really bad winter about 3-4 years ago and it was a nightmare. While the organisers did a great job clearing the roads, the sheer volume of people, foot deep snow on verges and the sub zero temperatures meant that there were isolated patches that were really treacherous.

Oh, and the hill/cliff that starts at the fourth mile should be bulldozed!

Enjoy New Zealand Rois, a place I would have loved to get to while I was young enough to enjoy the "extreme" element. Unfortunately that ship has sailed!

CD

Marathon Men documentary on RTE2 at 8pm. Tells the story of Gerry Duffy's 32 marathons in 32 counties in 32 days. The runners and others among you may be inspired!

laoislad

Quote from: CD on December 21, 2014, 07:41:24 PM
Marathon Men documentary on RTE2 at 8pm. Tells the story of Gerry Duffy's 32 marathons in 32 counties in 32 days. The runners and others among you may be inspired!
Very good show. Some achievement.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Great morning for a run..... 10K in 45mins on a fairly hill route. Going to do it every morning till I'm back to work..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea