Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Regret not trying for Berlin.
Have entered Barcelona. March 15.

Bingo

Quote from: mb80b60 on November 20, 2014, 01:43:18 PM
Quote from: Bingo on November 20, 2014, 12:34:29 PM
So it would appear I'm for Berlin next September for the marathon. Successful in the ballot entry.

There goes the no marathon plan in 2015  ;D

Myself and a friend have also been successful :)

Have you many marathons under the belt?  I've never done one before, but I intend to do at least one before then.

I've 4 done in last 3 years, so a relative newbie. This will be first European marathon.

Most of the local lads who i'd run with are doing Paris in April but it doesn't suit me.

laoislad

Quote from: Bingo on November 20, 2014, 03:09:52 PM
So it would appear I'm for Berlin next September for the marathon. Successful in the ballot entry.

Have you many marathons under the belt?  I've never done one before, but I intend to do at least one before then.

I've 4 done in last 3 years, so a relative newbie. This will be first European marathon.

Most of the local lads who i'd run with are doing Paris in April but it doesn't suit me.
Is Dublin not in Europe ;)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on November 20, 2014, 03:23:42 PM
Quote from: Bingo on November 20, 2014, 03:09:52 PM

Is Dublin not in Europe ;)

I fail to recognise Ireland as part of Europe. They may have bought us but they'll never have me!  :-[  :P

CD

Three park run PBs on the trot! Finally managed it in under 20 minutes - never thought I'd ever be able to run that! Only took 12 months and 26 attempts! Well chuffed. Huge Chinese and a wee whiskey or two this evening!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

muppet

Quote from: CD on November 22, 2014, 11:27:18 AM
Three park run PBs on the trot! Finally managed it in under 20 minutes - never thought I'd ever be able to run that! Only took 12 months and 26 attempts! Well chuffed. Huge Chinese and a wee whiskey or two this evening!

Good man well done. Under 20 mins is a serious time.

Squeezed one in myself this morning and...sub 23m 5k. Don't know if that was wise with a half marathon next week but feck it.
MWWSI 2017

laoislad

Quote from: muppet on November 22, 2014, 12:26:40 PM
Quote from: CD on November 22, 2014, 11:27:18 AM

Good man well done. Under 20 mins is a serious time.

Squeezed one in myself this morning and...sub 23m 5k. Don't know if that was wise with a half marathon next week but feck it.
Well done to both of ye!
Sub 23 muppet...Jaysis! Not long since sub 25 seemed impossible,fair play to you.

magpie seanie

24:55 5k. Still in shock. Went off waaaayyy too fast but knew I was on a time so ground it out, my legendary thickness coming to the fore. Cant believe it.

laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 22, 2014, 02:32:28 PM
24:55 5k. Still in shock. Went off waaaayyy too fast but knew I was on a time so ground it out, my legendary thickness coming to the fore. Cant believe it.
Fecking hell magpie! I thought you just wanted to beat 26 mins!
That's some going fair play to you.

Some great times today lads well done!

magpie seanie

Would have been happy with sub 26 today alright. Delighted.

laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 22, 2014, 02:55:41 PM
Would have been happy with sub 26 today alright. Delighted.
Sub 24 next!
Getting jealous of ye all now! Will have to get back to doing park runs.!

magpie seanie

Well done CD and Muppet, great times.

Bingo

Fair play seanie, CD and Muppet. Great buzz.

Had a run at sub 40 today for 10km. Went through 5km in 19.05 but was constantly up and down, tough going. Long drag into a steady headwind, got to 8km with 8m 20s to spare but looked up and seen a long steady climb. Legs just couldn't attack it and dropped way off pace, got to top and it was 1km to got. The delightful steward says, well done lads 1km to go and it's all up hill!! And he didn't lie. Wasn't as bad as previous one but sub 40 was gone. Dug out a finish to clock 40.26. 9th place overall with one of lads from home who ran with me just ahead.

Calves in bits after it and after getting out of car....ouch. Grand now.

Not to be but 5km home race next week and will give it a big run.

Mayo4Sam

Had the sister out doing her first 5k run ever today, she turned 40 yesterday and took up running 8 weeks ago, fair play to someone like that, and to boot she was flat out, u see lots that trot round, she busted herself to go under 30mins and finished in 28:27, absolutely delighted for her.
I did my first race since the marathon, went for a "coffee" after work yesterday, home at 2 in the morning, nearly puked running but held out and came in under 20, so a belly full of Guinness takes about a minute off ur time!

Great running Seanie
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

laoislad

Are the Asics gt1000 a decent shoe? SportsDirect.com are having a 20% off list price sale so I can pick up a pair for about 40e.
Only want something to get me over winter and into spring as the runners I used all year for Marathon training are well and truly knackered now.
I've seen some of ye mention the gt2000 so I'm guessing the gt1000 are an older version?