Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

People will be prepared for warmer conditions there though through training and whatever gear they're wearing and in addition salt tablets and the like with humidity...

johnneycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 04, 2014, 12:19:11 PM
What are your trainers like? They more run down on one shoe than the other? I wouldn't have thought camber on the road would cause that...

Numbness in feet usually attributed to sciatica type issues.

Trainers are pretty new, bought them in July and only use them for running. Not the most expensive in the shop granted, but I've done shorter runs up to 7.5M and no issues.

ballinaman

Quote from: johnneycool on November 04, 2014, 10:31:28 AM
went for a 10 mile run on Saturday, a few miles more than I'd normally run and whilst the legs were sore, just purely fatigue, I've got an awful pain down the outside of my left foot, just below the ankle and would have trouble putting full weight on that foot.
There's a bit of bruising showing now as well, what would cause that? I'm blaming the camber of the roads.
Any low back pain recently?
Has the numbness been more regular recently or only since the run on Saturday? Any night pain?
Has it improved since Saturday at all?

Sound a bit of a nerve issue with the presence of numbness...peroneal nerve to be exact. Could be irritated proximally (your low back) or distally ( compression of muscle on side of your leg) if you had been running on camber the sloped to the left.
Bruising is basically bleeding in the tissue, so you could have torn some the tissue on the outside of the foot and ankle also...hard to be definite without looking at you obviously but see how you are getting on and maybe go see somebody in your area about it.

muppet

Quote from: muppet on November 02, 2014, 04:30:52 PM
Quote from: laoislad on November 02, 2014, 04:29:02 PM
Half marathon in Clontarf at end of month Muppet.
Thinking of doing it myself.

I did their 5 mile earlier in the year and enjoyed it. If I am off from work I hope to do it. Won't know about work for a week or so.

Off that day and have signed up for it.

Training has been terrible this month but it will have to improve rapido!

I did the distance a few weeks ago so I know I can do it. Off for a nice easy trot now.
MWWSI 2017

laoislad

I've signed up also but not sure if I'll make it yet due to work and probably won't know till the day before.
Have only ran once or twice since Marathon. Already starting to put weight back on  :-[
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Rois

Anyone doing the Run in the Dark tonight?  Weather turned miserable, haven't run 10k in a while, really not looking forward to this one bit.  Plus have to run up the hill to Stormont TWICE as part of it. 

heffo

Doing the Dublin one. Mild enough here.

CD

Quote from: Rois on November 12, 2014, 05:49:42 PM
Anyone doing the Run in the Dark tonight?  Weather turned miserable, haven't run 10k in a while, really not looking forward to this one bit.  Plus have to run up the hill to Stormont TWICE as part of it.

Good luck Rois! That hill is tough! Heard there's a big crowd expected
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Rois

Hill was very tough but at least it was at 1k and 6k - if it was at 9k or 10k I'd have felt a lot different finishing!

Apparently over 1400 at it in Belfast, about 800 doing the 10k.

lfdown2

Anyone doing the Podium 10k in Belfast next weekend? I'm doing it but have been very slack since August, not anticipating any pb's.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lfdown2 on November 13, 2014, 03:39:05 PM
Anyone doing the Podium 10k in Belfast next weekend? I'm doing it but have been very slack since August, not anticipating any pb's.

What day, Sat or Sunday? haven't done a lot of running over that distance lately since I've been away, 3 miles tops at a time so wouldn't expect a pb either
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lfdown2

Saturday - 2:30 - Ormeau Park

No1

Two weeks this Saturday LF till the Seeley Cup.  I've entered and have a target in mind, if I reach it I'll allow myself a few pints at the Xmas Market afterwards! Course isn't as flat as you'd think but it was a really enjoyable race last year. That hill in Castleward must have knocked you back a bit!

You should get yourself to The Griddle 10k on Sunday to see how you're fixed. Never done it myself but it's supposed to be the stuff of nightmares!

lfdown2

Quote from: No1 on November 13, 2014, 10:08:58 PM

Two weeks this Saturday LF till the Seeley Cup.  I've entered and have a target in mind, if I reach it I'll allow myself a few pints at the Xmas Market afterwards! Course isn't as flat as you'd think but it was a really enjoyable race last year. That hill in Castleward must have knocked you back a bit!

You should get yourself to The Griddle 10k on Sunday to see how you're fixed. Never done it myself but it's supposed to be the stuff of nightmares!

Jaysus your right - great stuff I have an extra week!!

magpie seanie

Giving the Poppintree Park Run a shot tomorrow. Not sure where I will be time wised but hopeful I'll do something decent.