Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: ballinaman on October 27, 2014, 02:12:10 PM
Laoislad home!! 4.59!! GET THE FCUK IN THERE....sub 5, seriously dug that one out.

Huge respect to the guy who this time last year never even ran a 5K. Brilliant cause too.
Fantastic achievement by everyone today.

Fair f*cks LL.

Looking forward to hearing from all the runners what it was like.
MWWSI 2017

Bingo

Great updates BM.

Was a tough day out there. Knew from about half way the PB was gone, was suffering with the heat. Had to em seriously ease off in last 6 miles. 3.30 was the revised target. My 3rd Dublin marathon and never seen carnage in last miles like it, people literally dropping as they ran including one on the last 50 yards.

Fair play LL and the others. Super going coming from nothing and money raised which surpasses everything, two very proud wee lads waiting for you no doubt.

I'm off to binge on junk food!

imtommygunn

Great running all you guys. I know quite a few doing it and times, bar one of two, seemed slower than normal whether that be conditions or the new course. Seemed like a tough day out there so fair play to everyone.

Great run by Maria McCambridge who seemed to be just pipped for victory in the overall womens race..

andoireabu

Just in the door from it there.  Delighted to have got round in one piece and in a time of 4.55. Some feeling coming up the last mile and knowing its nearly done. That was my first so was a real hit and hope job but i dont know if id go again. The day itself was very enjoyable chatting to people along the way and the support was unreal but the joints are screaming at me now.  Fair play to everyone that made it round and enjoy the celebrating!
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

laoislad

Hardest thing I've ever done.
Legs cramped at 16miles and I walked/jogged to the finish line.
Brilliant atmosphere and a great thrill to cross the line.I was finishing no matter what so time went out the window after the legs went but I wasn't going to stop.I had to finish and I did.
4:59 in the end.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Farrandeelin

As somebody who doesn't run :-[ :-[ may I just say well done to all of you who finiahed the marathon today. Fair play to you all.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on October 27, 2014, 04:55:29 PM
Brilliant atmosphere and a great thrill to cross the line.I was finishing no matter what so time went out the window after the legs went but I wasn't going to stop.I had to finish and I did.
Well done f**k face and all the rest of youse.

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: laoislad on October 27, 2014, 04:55:29 PM

Just in the door LL.....Finished up in 4.57....I was going to head I to to the mosque with you at one stage...my first marathon, learned a lot to be honest, hydration is so so important....to be honest though didn't notice the heat too much...have a golf ball in my hamstring and my calf keeps locking up....I hear an extra large big mac meal is the perfect cure....well done to one and all all...We are in the one per cent club..unreal..

magpie seanie

Well done everyone. I am truly in awe of you all. Some achievement. Just awesome.

moysider

Just back in door. 3 hour drive after that was punishment.

Serious carnage out there today. Combination of higher than usual temperatures and a headwind in places perhaps?. The amount of stronger runners cramping up and walking early was unreal.

Really enjoyed it as far as mile 21(lol) and then lost about 12 minutes with cramp. Ruined my day because form was good. At mile 20 I was sure I was getting under my 3:50 target with a biteen to spare with all the downhill finish. A few salt tabs could have saved the day but you run and learn.

Hopefully everybody got back in one piece and goes on to fight another day.

Great auld support out there as usual.

Dubh driocht

Well done to all finishers but I have to say that Laois Lad deserves great praise for his thrawness and determination👍.We had a good first 16 and I take my hat off to the pacers, in our case the 3 40 guys. We had to let them go then but got home in 3 50 59. The crowd were magnificent, Ireland is a great country and I have now officially retired from marathon running.

Milltown Row2

well done everybody, even the Liverpool lads, some achievement and something I won't be attempting either, big effort required by all to do it, the cramping sounds bad though, is this brought on by adrenaline kicking in or food beforehand? most lads seem to be cramping up around the 18 to 21 mile mark, seems strange that this is happening when during training leading up to this points (i.e doing 20 mile runs) no cramping happening!!!

I'm not a long distance runner, half marathons being plenty for me, so maybe the good runners can fill me in
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

charlieTully

Well done all. Inspirational stuff.

CD

Many congratulations to all the mad marathon men! I've heard tales of 'carnage' in the last 10k! Seasoned runners with 5 plus marathons under their belt were up to 20mins slower than expected - people cramping and stopping all over the shop! Well done new members of the 1% club!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

laoislad

Quote from: Dubh driocht on October 27, 2014, 08:45:59 PM
Well done to all finishers but I have to say that Laois Lad deserves great praise for his thrawness and determination👍.We had a good first 16 and I take my hat off to the pacers, in our case the 3 40 guys. We had to let them go then but got home in 3 50 59. The crowd were magnificent, Ireland is a great country and I have now officially retired from marathon running.
Thanks but to be honest I don't deserve any more praise than the rest of ye. We all had to run the same distance and endure the same heat and wind. Reading other forums this morning and 99% of the reports are of people cramping and struggling to the finish or not finishing at all.I see even some of the pacers didn't finish.
Well done to all. I'll write a proper race report later on in the week.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.