Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

I'm heading in on Sunday afternoon. Been advised to get in and get out asap.

I know it's at the slower end of the pace scale but is there anyone else going out with the 4:10 pacers?
Give me a shout if you are,might be nice to have a bit of company!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on October 24, 2014, 11:11:16 AM

I know it's at the slower end of the pace scale but is there anyone else going out with the 4:10 pacers?

Have a wee nose round the expo. Its not huge but well worth a look around and soak up some of the atmosphere. You can pick up some cheap gear and its worth checking out the history part.

In the big city marathons the expo's are massive and you could spend hours in them, Dublin isn't too bad or big.

PS some of the "sales" people selling stuff like the Skins gear and the European city marathons are very easy on the eye! I remember the Munich or Hamburg marathon been a very busy area last year  ;)

ballinaman

Quote from: Bingo on October 24, 2014, 11:17:47 AM
Quote from: laoislad on October 24, 2014, 11:11:16 AM

Have a wee nose round the expo. Its not huge but well worth a look around and soak up some of the atmosphere. You can pick up some cheap gear and its worth checking out the history part.

In the big city marathons the expo's are massive and you could spend hours in them, Dublin isn't too bad or big.

PS some of the "sales" people selling stuff like the Skins gear and the European city marathons are very easy on the eye! I remember the Munich or Hamburg marathon been a very busy area last year  ;)
ah stop, yer wan last year would give a jellyfish a horn!

muppet

Quote from: laoislad on October 24, 2014, 10:14:42 AM
Another bit of advice.
Don't tell the wife that the last 6 miles of a Marathon will probably be worse than child birth.
She won't appreciate it...... :-[

;D ;D ;D ;D

Can you PM your FaceBook details please? I won't be in Ireland on Monday but I will be cheering you on from afar.
MWWSI 2017

imtommygunn

Good luck to all you guys on Monday. On the home straight now and seem to all sound to have put the work in so you will be  grand. Remember whatever you go through in the last 6 miles there will be plenty more like you going through the same.

Don't know any of you from adam so post here with how you got on!

I think some of you are trained by Maria McCambridge? Good article on her in the Irish Independent the other day leading up to the marathon which is worth a read.

laoislad

Slow 2mile run done this morning to finish off my training plan.
Legs felt a bit heavy but maybe that's just nerves ?
Hope so!
Heading into expo in a bit and then just relax for the day.
This time tomorrow I'll be at about 3 miles in....

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: laoislad on October 26, 2014, 09:33:50 AM
Slow 2mile run done this morning to finish off my training plan.
Legs felt a bit heavy but maybe that's just nerves ?
Hope so!
Heading into expo in a bit and then just relax for the day.
This time tomorrow I'll be at about 3 miles in....

Good luck tomorrow LL,  it will fly in!!!

Mayo4Sam

Ya Maria is training me, have read a couple of things on her this week, very good, she has serious notions of competing with the Kenyans, which would be unbelievable.

Had nightmares Friday Nite, dreamt I got lost 😟

Great excitement around dublin today, actually looking forward to it tomorrow
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

CD

The very best of luck to all the lads running tomorrow! Wish I was there with you at the start line in the morning! Looking forward to reading all you reports. Next year  . . . . all being well!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Rois

Good luck everyone!

Bingo

'Twas the night before marathon.....

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow and sees you's on the other side!

laoislad

Best of luck everyone.
Hope it all goes to plan for everyone.

gerrykeegan

Best of luck to all tomorrow. Don't think i'd ever have the nerve to attempt it.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

gerry

Good luck to everyone tomorrow in Dublin, especially to those doing their first marathon. 
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Tony Baloney

Best of luck tomorrow folks. A last minute achilles niggle has meant I have to give it a miss this year.