Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CD on September 27, 2014, 12:21:46 PM
Quote from: laoislad on September 25, 2014, 03:28:13 PM
That's a shame CD. Hopefully you might still make it.
I have a training session with Sean Hehir on Saturday morning.
Nearly more nervous about it than doing the Marathon.!

Hope the training session went well and the nerves weren't too much of a factor ;)

Got a bit of good news this morning - no achilles tear as originally suspected - just badly inflamed. Had a really good session with the physio and it already feels better. Hoping to be able to attempt a few miles next Saturday and the marathon is still on!

Happy man  ;D

Brilliant news, all in the head CD, head down and crack on you'll get pulled along regardless and just finish it, still not fussed myself on the Marathon, takes a lot of effort leading up to it with the worry of injury always fecking looming!! Fair fecks to all doing it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: CD on September 27, 2014, 12:21:46 PM
Quote from: laoislad on September 25, 2014, 03:28:13 PM
That's a shame CD. Hopefully you might still make it.
I have a training session with Sean Hehir on Saturday morning.
Nearly more nervous about it than doing the Marathon.!

Hope the training session went well and the nerves weren't too much of a factor ;)

Got a bit of good news this morning - no achilles tear as originally suspected - just badly inflamed. Had a really good session with the physio and it already feels better. Hoping to be able to attempt a few miles next Saturday and the marathon is still on!

Happy man  ;D

That's great man,so marathon back on?

Training session went well.Were fairly put through our paces alright.
Had a brilliant question and answer session afterwards which I found very helpful.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Marathon World Record broken in Berlin today by Dennis Kimetto in a time of 2:02:57  :o
Something for me to aim for in 4 weeks time!

magpie seanie

That's a good time for a half marathon! Ridiculous to be able to run that fast for 26.2 miles!

Bingo

20 miles in the bag yesterday. Largely felt spot on going round bar the last mile which was tight going. Averaged 7.40 per mile, so happy at that.

Knee has been a bit troublesome going downhill but nothing the roller won't sort out.

I believe 1st October is the registration cut off for anyone not signed in yet.

LL - You going to share some of the tips  :)

laoislad

Quote from: Bingo on September 29, 2014, 09:48:16 AM
20 miles in the bag yesterday. Largely felt spot on going round bar the last mile which was tight going. Averaged 7.40 per mile, so happy at that.

Knee has been a bit troublesome going downhill but nothing the roller won't sort out.

I believe 1st October is the registration cut off for anyone not signed in yet.

LL - You going to share some of the tips  :)
Sure it was only for novices like me... An experienced athlete like you wouldn't need any tips!
19 miles done myself yesterday in 3 hours.
I'm thinking I'll go with the 4:10 pacers on the day.

moysider

Remind me. How does one update the kilometres ran chart? I ve 2 months to do.

Reasonably happy with preparations for Dublin. Did 22 miles yesterday and a recovery 4 this evening.
Another 20 and I should be ok.

the Deel Rover

Been suffering with injuries all year but at the moment whenever I run both achilles are in pain.ballinman are you about on Monday
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Milltown Row2

Have been working away from home during week (and for next six months) but managing to get nearly 3 miles most mornings. Weather has been very kind, have been getting stronger and quicker each day. Gearing up for the Tollymore run in November.

miss the craic at the gym, or lets say the distractions  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

moysider

where did my totals for June/July go?

magpie seanie

Quote from: moysider on October 01, 2014, 08:01:35 PM
where did my totals for June/July go?

Someone copied forward the wrong file at one stage.

muppet

the wobbler your goals are 10k sub 50 mins and then 10k sub 44 mins.

I will gladly pay you for any advice as to how to knock 6 mins off a 10k time!
MWWSI 2017

CD

:(

After 4 physio sessions and 3 full weeks of rest I headed out this morning to do a few essential miles if I'm to make it to the start of the Dublin marathon. I stretched my calves like crazy and even took a few pain killers to negate the pain in my achilles. It felt fine for the past few days and I've been itching to run on it since Wednesday, but I took my physio's advice, and continued to rest and ice it. Less than 1 mile in the pain started - I ran on the Mary Peter's track to ensure a softer and more even surface. Struggled on for another 6 miles thinking I'd beat it but was forced to stop and limp back to the car. I've never stopped during a sport in my life - never went off injured during football or gaelic never cut a run. That's how I know this is serious! 3 weeks to go. Not sure it's going to happen.Gutted :-[ :-[
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

laoislad

That's a balls CD. Hope it works out for you. If not there's always next year.

I did my final long run today. 20.3 miles. Tried to take in some of the Marathon route.
Went well enough but took it nice and handy. I've settled on high 5 orange flavour gels. There the only ones that don't make me feel like vomiting.

3 weeks of handy enough running now. I think the longest will only be 12 miles between now and Marathon.

No1

Quote from: muppet on October 02, 2014, 05:39:42 PM
the wobbler your goals are 10k sub 50 mins and then 10k sub 44 mins.

I will gladly pay you for any advice as to how to knock 6 mins off a 10k time!

Not as smart as thewobbler but for what it's worth my first 10k was 56 mins and I thought I was close to death after that! My PB 2 years later was 43 odds, and the reason for that was tempo runs once a week and interval training once every two weeks. f**king horrible when you are doing them but the tempo runs sort you out big style. By no means am I an expert but that worked for me.