Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No1

Anyone running the Belfast Half tomorrow?

LF, what did you think of the Strangford 10k?

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: CD on September 13, 2014, 09:50:21 AM
For anyone doing the long runs - have you used deep tissue massage?

Went for a second session there on Wednesday evening after 6miles. My legs were starting to feel a bit niggly, heavy etc after weeks of plodding away. The massage lasted 25 minutes, focused on my calves and took years out of my legs - would definitely recommend it as part and parcel of your training. Will go again in three weeks and the week before the marathon I'll get a full body massage to take all the aches out of the shoulders etc.

Had one on Friday, mainly focused on the hammers, glutes and calves...hurt like hell...went out yesterday for a 10k and had no power at all....did my long run this morning, 20.5 miles and I have to say, it made some difference, have any other booked for 10 days before Dublin...

CD

Quote from: No1 on September 13, 2014, 09:32:01 PM

I ran it No 1. Didn't appreciate the 65 min delay but these things happen. I'm sure it had a big impact on most runners.
Ran a comfortable 1.41 sandwiched between 4 miles there and back so managed 20+ miles today.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CD on September 14, 2014, 04:29:06 PM

I ran it No 1. Didn't appreciate the 65 min delay but these things happen. I'm sure it had a big impact on most runners.
Ran a comfortable 1.41 sandwiched between 4 miles there and back so managed 20+ miles today.

Thats very close to me CD. We could get a good challenge race going lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CD

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 14, 2014, 06:10:15 PM

I have my eye on that Tollymore half you mentioned! If I'm in decent shape after Dublin I may see you there ;)
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CD on September 14, 2014, 06:23:26 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 14, 2014, 06:10:15 PM

I have my eye on that Tollymore half you mentioned! If I'm in decent shape after Dublin I may see you there ;)

Yep, think it will be totally different to what we've been doing but I'm sure a bitta craic all the same, I'm off to England with new job so trainers and road running will be all I'm doing for a while
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

No1

[/quote]

Great running CD. I was pacing for a mate today so the delay didn't annoy me too much but anyone looking a decent time or PB would have been well pissed off. It Just threw all the preparation up in the air. Didn't seem to annoy the boys at the front right nuff! McGinley must have been thick getting beat by 4 seconds for first place!

lfdown2

My apologies, should have congratulated you sooner - I really enjoyed it, great course and a great evening for it, though when I say I enjoyed it I set out far too quick and really struggled around the mid - 3/4 way mark, picked up on the way home to finish strong enough - not quite the time I was hoping for but still a good minute and a half off my 10km PB. You had a good crowd at it and all seemed to run pretty smoothly for ye's. All in it was a good weekend down there.

Mayo4Sam

35.2k last nite, first 23k at snails pace, zone one, then last 12k flat out, tough evening, the first part is so boring
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Bingo

Well lads,

Anyone for the half tomorrow in the Park?

Not doing it myself but the brother is heading up to do it and asking about the best place to park round the park. Anyone know what gate the start/finish is at?

Thanks

laoislad

I'm doing it.
Finish is on Furze Road so the nearest gate would be Castleknock Gate or the gate at Mount Sackville.
I'm going to park at Wrights Pub and walk up,it's about a 10 minute walk to the Start from there.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on September 19, 2014, 11:44:12 AM
I'm doing it.
Finish is on Furze Road so the nearest gate would be Castleknock Gate or the gate at Mount Sackville.
I'm going to park at Wrights Pub and walk up,it's about a 10 minute walk to the Start from there.

Much parking round that pub? I'll tell him that so.

The missus is doing it as well but in travelling with a running group.

Hows the training going? Tomorrow should get you back on track after the ten miler, lesson learnt and all that!

I haven't forgot you either and will stick some sponsorship before the day.

laoislad

Quote from: Bingo on September 19, 2014, 12:05:18 PM
I'm doing it.

Hows the training going? Tomorrow should get you back on track after the ten miler, lesson learnt and all that!

They have a car park across road from pub,should be plenty of parking.
Training going well,hoping for sub 2hr tomorrow.

Edit: Just so there's no confusion the pub is actually called Wrights - The Anglers Rest.
It's down the hill from Mount Sackville entrance.I drive the back roads from Lucan to get there.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on September 19, 2014, 01:16:36 PM
Quote from: Bingo on September 19, 2014, 12:05:18 PM
I'm doing it.

They have a car park across road from pub,should be plenty of parking.
Training going well,hoping for sub 2hr tomorrow.

Edit: Just so there's no confusion the pub is actually called Wrights - The Anglers Rest.
It's down the hill from Mount Sackville entrance.I drive the back roads from Lucan to get there.

Use the distance from the pub to do your stretching and light jog, get the circulation going and warmed up. Hate arriving at these things late, always puts we bitta pressure on you when not required so plenty time. You sitting with the pacers 1.45/1.50? if so get in earlier enough (not sure of the starting grid) as things can get congested in there.

If I wasn't so bloody busy I'd have ran this. Good luck to all the boarders

whiskeysteve

I've entered Dublin half as my first race and will be heading down regardless for the craic this weekend but very touch and go whether il be fit to run.

hurt the foot running a 6miler on wednesday night, ran it faster than usual and pain started kicking in on the outside of the right foot just underneath the midsole... it was sore to walk on on thursday (was limping), eased a bit today but still feel it a bit. No pain at all when off the feet. After a bit of a google the symptoms sound similar to a common complaint called 'planear tendonitis', although I obviously gotta take self diagnosis by google with a pinch of salt!

Will give it a good RICE treatment tonight but would be nervous of this scuppering the run altogether  :(
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w