Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CD

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2014, 07:38:58 PM
Quote from: CD on September 08, 2014, 07:33:23 PM
Quote from: Bingo on September 08, 2014, 10:32:24 AM
Great read LL and I'll send through a donation to your page today. Your training looking good as well.

That's right going Mayo4sam, doing Achill and a 20 miler on Sunday. Tight!

Had a decent week myself.

9miles on Wednesday, mostly at MP pace.
5miles recovery on Thursday.
9 miles on Friday 4x1miles at half MP, 1m recovery between.
5 miles recovery on Saturday
18 miles yesterday. Ran first 5 at good pace, eased off for next 6miles and ran easy with a few others and than pushed on for last 7miles. Averaged 7.40m over the run and legs left it afterwards after a busy week.

Picks up again this week with a few recovery runs, VO2 session on Wednesday, 12 miles on Friday and then a MP 15m run on Sunday. Its all go!

Jeez Bingo  - now I realise why I'm following a novice programme! That's serious running. I'm struggling to get out thrice a week and I've decided I'm running a maximum of 6 miles on Tues, Wed, Thurs then a big one on a Saturday. The big runs are my primary focus at the moment. Doing a 1/2 Marathon on Sunday - going to use it to gauge drinking and food intake (and nerves) but not too concerned about my time to be honest.

Nice and flat, you're looking 1.44/1.45 ish

That'd be in line with what I'm running MR. Are you doing it?
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Milltown Row2

Nope CD. Looking at half marathon in Tollymore forrest in November. Looks tough
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rois

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2014, 09:20:34 PM
What's that MR? I've no I interest but if it's a trail run thing, Mr Roisin would love something like that.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rois on September 09, 2014, 06:36:24 AM
What's that MR? I've no I interest but if it's a trail run thing, Mr Roisin would love something like that.

Yep, there is the Ultras (40 miles) Marathon and Half Marathon think its 15 November I think
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: WT4E on September 08, 2014, 10:26:58 AM
PS would those gels you talk about have prevented my lapses in the last 3 mile?

I think from reading your posts you're probably just not used to those kind of distances, it wont take long for the body to rectify that. The gels wont necessarily fix that. It sounds like its just a matter of being on your feet that long

The gels are good for keeping energy up, probably easier to hold a pace but when your legs go all the gels in the world wont help
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

laoislad

I took 2 gels on Sunday during my 20 mile. Have no idea if they helped but I felt grand after 20 miles and probably could have done a few more miles so maybe that was because of the gels.
I took high 5 citrus flavour and thought they were grand,took a berry flavour the week before and they made me feel sick.

I bought this a few weeks ago,it gives you a sample of loads of flavours.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/high5-crc-exclusive-race-pack/rp-prod106300
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Mayo4Sam

I use the high5 Isogels, they are watery enough, go down easy and I've had no issues with my stomach

WT4E

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 09, 2014, 09:47:05 AM
I use the high5 Isogels, they are watery enough, go down easy and I've had no issues with my stomach

DO you have to buy online or can you get them in shops? (Dublin?)

Mayo4Sam

Should get them in most bike/running shops

I buy them online cheaper

lfdown2

when and what is this Milltown?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lfdown2 on September 11, 2014, 09:12:14 AM

From their Facebook page

Just got the green light for the "Tollymore Trail Marathon" - Saturday 15 November 2014. Ultra (40 miles), Marathon and Half Marathon distances all available. Loop race - one loop for half, two loops for full and three loops for ultra. 619 meters climbing per loop. Entire route within Tollymore forest and all on forest tracks and trails. Full information and online entry will be available in the next week.

lfdown2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2014, 09:53:20 AM

From their Facebook page

Just got the green light for the "Tollymore Trail Marathon" - Saturday 15 November 2014. Ultra (40 miles), Marathon and Half Marathon distances all available. Loop race - one loop for half, two loops for full and three loops for ultra. 619 meters climbing per loop. Entire route within Tollymore forest and all on forest tracks and trails. Full information and online entry will be available in the next week.

which facebook page?

thanks,

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lfdown2 on September 11, 2014, 01:55:32 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2014, 09:53:20 AM

From their Facebook page

which facebook page?

thanks,

26 extreme

CD

For anyone doing the long runs - have you used deep tissue massage?

Went for a second session there on Wednesday evening after 6miles. My legs were starting to feel a bit niggly, heavy etc after weeks of plodding away. The massage lasted 25 minutes, focused on my calves and took years out of my legs - would definitely recommend it as part and parcel of your training. Will go again in three weeks and the week before the marathon I'll get a full body massage to take all the aches out of the shoulders etc.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CD on September 13, 2014, 09:50:21 AM
For anyone doing the long runs - have you used deep tissue massage?

Went for a second session there on Wednesday evening after 6miles. My legs were starting to feel a bit niggly, heavy etc after weeks of plodding away. The massage lasted 25 minutes, focused on my calves and took years out of my legs - would definitely recommend it as part and parcel of your training. Will go again in three weeks and the week before the marathon I'll get a full body massage to take all the aches out of the shoulders etc.