Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Quote from: laoislad on September 01, 2014, 07:40:24 PM
Quote from: Dubh driocht on September 01, 2014, 07:27:36 PM
I haven't joined the league table but we did 16 on Saturday in exactly 128 minutes, hitting our target of 8 minute miles. Looking forward to this time 8 weeks when I can hopefully celebrate with all the posters here, as well as Donegal's second Sam,Marty Clarke's return and Balotelli's player of the month award.
Ha I like your thinking!
How many of us are doing it anyway?
Myself
Mayo4Sam
Bingo
Dubh Driocht
CD
WT4E
Ballinaman

Hopefully I will do it - I'm giving myself two more weeks and if I've improved sufficiently I'll sign up! Fingers crossed!

laoislad

The journal.ie rang me last week looking for a few words for an article they were doing on the Marathon.
http://thescore.thejournal.ie/dublin-marathon-fundraising-difficulites-1653690-Sep2014/
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

CD

Quote from: laoislad on September 06, 2014, 02:00:40 PM
The journal.ie rang me last week looking for a few words for an article they were doing on the Marathon.
http://thescore.thejournal.ie/dublin-marathon-fundraising-difficulites-1653690-Sep2014/

Fantastic article Laoislad - hope you get plenty of support of the back of it!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

CD

So I went beyond 20 miles for the first time this morning (20.55). Arrived at the start of parkrun after mile 6 and completed it in just under 8 minute miles then headed straight on out. Beautiful morning, perfect for running and I felt like I had another mile or two in the legs. Took two of the high 5 gels, one at 12 miles and one at 17 just to ensure I don't get a dodgy belly from them and I was fine and I felt  the wee energy boost and was glad of it. Freezing cold bath when I got home, and while I'm pretty tired at this point, I don't have any niggles or aches. Deep muscle massage scheduled for Wednesday night and Belfast 1/2 for this next weekend.

Rois

Quote from: CD on September 06, 2014, 05:00:03 PM
So I went beyond 20 miles for the first time this morning (20.55).
Brilliant running, well done. Will be interested to hear how Belfast half goes this year

An Gaeilgoir

18 miles done this morning, did it with some other local runners...did the first 9 miles at 7.30 pace at let them off then, finished up at 2.40 :o... The last 3 were murder, but the fast pace at the begining will stand to me I am sure... A 20miler next week.... ;)...can't wait! Lol

laoislad

Did 20 miles myself this morning. Well 20.2 to be exact. Did the .2 so I could say only 6 more miles to a Marathon!
Felt good. Was only suppose to do 18 but just kept going.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

Quote from: laoislad on September 07, 2014, 01:05:43 PM
Did 20 miles myself this morning. Well 20.2 to be exact. Did the .2 so I could say only 6 more miles to a Marathon!

Great stuff LL.
MWWSI 2017

CD

Quote from: muppet on September 07, 2014, 05:56:03 PM
Quote from: laoislad on September 07, 2014, 01:05:43 PM

Great stuff LL.

Big Milestone - well done - a psychological battle won there!

WT4E

Quote from: laoislad on September 06, 2014, 02:00:40 PM

Well done LL - Hope you raise loads for a great cause! I'll donate.

Mayo4Sam

Jeez, I hope Eoghan misses out on the auld bald gene, bad enough to be a dub/laois lad nevermind throwing that on top of him too.
Fair play, good to get the exposure like that

Did Achill Roar on Saturday, knew a few going down to it and decided I wanted somethign that wasnt running, tough 8k of a beach run and then up a boggy mountain, thought my calves would be in bits sunday but they were grand.

Sunday we were planned out for 18 miles but the loop round the woods in Ballina is 5 miles so said I'd do 20.
the first 15 were at zone one heart rate, so really slow, then the last 5 at race pace. Qas getting tired during the 15 miles, 2.5 hrs is a long time to be on ur feet and thought I'd struggle with the last 5 miles but flew them, 36 mins, felt great, had load of energy and power and was keeping an eye on my HR but could have gone faster.
Strange session

Plan for this week

Tuesday Session
4 by 3km Threshold Pace/Moderate Zone/Zone 2
Recovery 2.30mins

Wednesday
Easy recovery 70mins
Low Zone/Zone 1

Thursday
Fartlek Session
10min easy jog
2 times 8mins/4mins/3mins = 30mins of continuous running
10km/5km/5km pace
10mins easy jog

Fri/Sat
Easy 60mins

Sunday
20miles or 35km Low Zone with the last 7miles/12km @Threshold pace/Zone 2/Moderate Zone
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

WT4E

I was out myself at the weekend as some of you know - started marathon training a tad late. Done 16 mile on Saturday - Felt dodgy after about 3 mile but then felt comfortable until about 13 mile and then I hit a wall - had to stop a few times on last 3 mile and was totally shattered when I made it back home! Time 2hr 20 - Avg 8.51/mile

I have entered the Dublin Half in two weeks - but the programme I'm doing is the marathon (still have not entered and still not sure if I will) SO I was wondering should I adjust my plan in prep for Half as the training might be too intense for half next week in particular?

PS would those gels you talk about have prevented my lapses in the last 3 mile?

Bingo

Great read LL and I'll send through a donation to your page today. Your training looking good as well.

That's right going Mayo4sam, doing Achill and a 20 miler on Sunday. Tight!

Had a decent week myself.

9miles on Wednesday, mostly at MP pace.
5miles recovery on Thursday.
9 miles on Friday 4x1miles at half MP, 1m recovery between.
5 miles recovery on Saturday
18 miles yesterday. Ran first 5 at good pace, eased off for next 6miles and ran easy with a few others and than pushed on for last 7miles. Averaged 7.40m over the run and legs left it afterwards after a busy week.

Picks up again this week with a few recovery runs, VO2 session on Wednesday, 12 miles on Friday and then a MP 15m run on Sunday. Its all go!

CD

Quote from: Bingo on September 08, 2014, 10:32:24 AM
Great read LL and I'll send through a donation to your page today. Your training looking good as well.

18 miles yesterday. Ran first 5 at good pace, eased off for next 6miles and ran easy with a few others and than pushed on for last 7miles. Averaged 7.40m over the run and legs left it afterwards after a busy week.

Picks up again this week with a few recovery runs, VO2 session on Wednesday, 12 miles on Friday and then a MP 15m run on Sunday. Its all go!

Jeez Bingo  - now I realise why I'm following a novice programme! That's serious running. I'm struggling to get out thrice a week and I've decided I'm running a maximum of 6 miles on Tues, Wed, Thurs then a big one on a Saturday. The big runs are my primary focus at the moment. Doing a 1/2 Marathon on Sunday - going to use it to gauge drinking and food intake (and nerves) but not too concerned about my time to be honest.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CD on September 08, 2014, 07:33:23 PM
Quote from: Bingo on September 08, 2014, 10:32:24 AM

Jeez Bingo  - now I realise why I'm following a novice programme! That's serious running. I'm struggling to get out thrice a week and I've decided I'm running a maximum of 6 miles on Tues, Wed, Thurs then a big one on a Saturday. The big runs are my primary focus at the moment. Doing a 1/2 Marathon on Sunday - going to use it to gauge drinking and food intake (and nerves) but not too concerned about my time to be honest.

Nice and flat, you're looking 1.44/1.45 ish
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea