Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CD

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on August 05, 2014, 05:23:01 PM
I have decided to bite the bullet and give Dublin a go, something else to strike off the bucket list...does anyone have a 12 week plan.. i have 4 half marathons under my belt this year and can do a half comfortably enough....Thanks.

I picked up this plan 2 weeks ago at week 5 - now on Week 7. I'm using Novice 2
[http://www.halhigdon.com//url]
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

laoislad

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on August 05, 2014, 05:23:01 PM
I have decided to bite the bullet and give Dublin a go, something else to strike off the bucket list...does anyone have a 12 week plan.. i have 4 half marathons under my belt this year and can do a half comfortably enough....Thanks.
You'll probably run it in your Suir hard hat!.....
Bingo is doing a 12 week plan I think. I'm 6 weeks into Hal Higdon intermediate 1 plan.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Owenmoresider on August 05, 2014, 01:15:48 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on August 05, 2014, 12:28:55 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 05, 2014, 09:42:53 AM
Hamstring went last night while playing for club!! Only a full tri to do on Saturday ffs!! Been using the roller and stretching like mad. 10K around Kilbroney forrest park to worry about  :( :(

That's my big fear. In the middle of junior championship at the moment and tight for numbers so feel I'd be letting lads down if I pulled out to mind myself for a race. As it happens I'm away the next two weekends and then it's the race so conscience clear!
Very tight I'd say, if our boys could do a number on ye like they did on Friday  8)

Were you at it? We just had 15 and it took some work to get them out. Friday night was a balls for us. Prob wouldnt have won anyway but would have made more of a game of it.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 05, 2014, 10:17:39 PM
Hamstring went last night while playing for club!! Only a full tri to do on Saturday ffs!! Been using the roller and stretching like mad. 10K around Kilbroney forrest park to worry about  :( :(

That's my big fear. In the middle of junior championship at the moment and tight for numbers so feel I'd be letting lads down if I pulled out to mind myself for a race. As it happens I'm away the next two weekends and then it's the race so conscience clear!
Very tight I'd say, if our boys could do a number on ye like they did on Friday  8)

Were you at it? We just had 15 and it took some work to get them out. Friday night was a balls for us. Prob wouldnt have won anyway but would have made more of a game of it.
Wasn't at it no, holding out for the final  :P You'd imagine we should have enough about us to win it out but your neighbours will be the main danger. Would be nice to finally win a championship, been too long without one.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Owenmoresider on August 06, 2014, 09:43:31 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on August 05, 2014, 10:17:39 PM

Wasn't at it no, holding out for the final  :P You'd imagine we should have enough about us to win it out but your neighbours will be the main danger. Would be nice to finally win a championship, been too long without one.

They will be hard beaten. They have some really good players who would be regulars on most senior teams and crucially at this level, have guys who can score. That's where other club second teams get killed - any half decent scorer is playing senior/intermediate.

A lot of our good veterans have quit playing or been forced to retire all at once and it has reduced us from being competitive at this level to being pretty poor. Next year in Div 4 and probably Junior B we can get a few wins on the board.

Mayo4Sam

Less of that football chat

So the 12 week plan from Maria started this week, five days running but she's given us paces to suit out proposed time until we get fitness tested

Here is a 5 day running Schedule, if running a 6th day make sure it is an easy aerobic run of no more than 45/50mins

1.Main Workout
5 by 2km rec 90 seconds
3 aim- 4.15 per km

2. 60mins easy recovery run (see times below for long run)

3. 40mins : 20min easy (see times below for Long run) 20mins pick up (15/20sec per km faster)
plus 8 by 80metres fast sprints, full recovery walk back

4. 45mins easy

5. Long Run (Saturday or Sunday whichever suits)
90mins - 2 hours. If you have been doing regular long runs do 2 hours
3 aim 5.05-5.15
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

screenexile

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 08, 2014, 10:52:29 AM

So the 12 week plan from Maria started this week, five days running but she's given us paces to suit out proposed time until we get fitness tested

Here is a 5 day running Schedule, if running a 6th day make sure it is an easy aerobic run of no more than 45/50mins

1.Main Workout
5 by 2km rec 90 seconds
3 aim- 4.15 per km

3. 40mins : 20min easy (see times below for Long run) 20mins pick up (15/20sec per km faster)

4. 45mins easy

3 aim 5.05-5.15

The first part seems OK but the bit in bold would completely kill me!

imtommygunn

Is that the plan for the 12 weeks Mayo4sam or does it change week on week?

Long run about 8 minute miles should be grand.

Mayo4Sam

Just this weeks, she's mentioned Saturday sessions where we'd do 22 miles but at different paces and breaking it up

Ballinaman, you're not looking in bad shape for a man home from Belgium and Croatia, that was me roaring at u at the bottom of Bohernasup

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: screenexile on August 08, 2014, 10:54:31 AM

1.Main Workout
5 by 2km rec 90 seconds
3 aim- 4.15 per km

4. 45mins easy

3 aim 5.05-5.15

She gives other paces for people planning a slower race

haranguerer

1.Main Workout
5 by 2km rec 90 seconds
3 aim- 4.15 per km

4. 45mins easy

3 aim 5.05-5.15

Is that 3 (km) aim 5.05-5.15?

ballinaman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 08, 2014, 12:47:10 PM
Just this weeks, she's mentioned Saturday sessions where we'd do 22 miles but at different paces and breaking it up

Ballinaman, you're not looking in bad shape for a man home from Belgium and Croatia, that was me roaring at u at the bottom of Bohernasup
Haha..didn't know who that was..aye, time to get my ass in gear after 2 weeks of debauchery.
Looks like you are going well too...
I've a heap of work to do...zero running for 5 weeks up until last Tuesday.

screenexile

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 08, 2014, 12:58:20 PM

1.Main Workout
5 by 2km rec 90 seconds
3 aim- 4.15 per km

4. 45mins easy

3 aim 5.05-5.15

She gives other paces for people planning a slower race

What time are you going for?

Mayo4Sam

Aim at the minute is 3hr but realistically 3.05-3.10

CD

The two words every runner dreads - SHIN SPLINTS
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!