Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CD

Just had a Forrest Gump run - went out without any real preparation intending to run 8 miles or so, ended up running 13 in about 1.41. Lovely morning for it - a light misty drizzle for a fair part of the way was nice as it's quite warm out. Just wish I had water or food on board as I could easily have kept going. Just proved to myself that I can run a half marathon. I need to look after myself today so that I don't suffer which will crush my confidence - any suggestions appreciated!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

laoislad

Great running CD. Did 13.6 miles myself this morning. Set off at 6am it was a lovely time to be out.

Tried to keep my heart rate in the 70-75% zone which I more or less achieved but i did have to walk at a few hills to keep within the target zone.Think if I keep going as I am I'll be targeting sub 2hrs in the half marathon in September.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

CD

Quote from: laoislad on July 20, 2014, 12:30:21 PM
Great running CD. Did 13.6 miles myself this morning. Set off at 6am it was a lovely time to be out.

Tried to keep my heart rate in the 70-75% zone which I more or less achieved but i did have to walk at a few hills to keep within the target zone.Think if I keep going as I am I'll be targeting sub 2hrs in the half marathon in September.
Which 1/2 is that LaoisLad - I've just registered for the Belfast 1/2 on Sept 14th.

laoislad

Quote from: CD on July 20, 2014, 12:57:15 PM

Which 1/2 is that LaoisLad - I've just registered for the Belfast 1/2 on Sept 14th.
Phoenix Park in Dublin.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CD on July 20, 2014, 11:51:17 AM
Just had a Forrest Gump run - went out without any real preparation intending to run 8 miles or so, ended up running 13 in about 1.41. Lovely morning for it - a light misty drizzle for a fair part of the way was nice as it's quite warm out. Just wish I had water or food on board as I could easily have kept going. Just proved to myself that I can run a half marathon. I need to look after myself today so that I don't suffer which will crush my confidence - any suggestions appreciated!

That's very similar times CD, we could be running buddies lol. You'd do well at the Belfast half, pretty flat course and 1.41 is a smashing time. I sense a little challenge ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CD

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 20, 2014, 01:30:52 PM

That's very similar times CD, we could be running buddies lol. You'd do well at the Belfast half, pretty flat course and 1.41 is a smashing time. I sense a little challenge ;)
Don't be at it MR! You'll unearth a nasty wee competitive streak in me! Hitting 40 next year and I have a wee ambition to run 3 or 4 marathon's in the next 15 months! Didn't think I'd be fit for Dublin this year but have a notion in my head it could be done!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CD on July 20, 2014, 02:30:27 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 20, 2014, 01:30:52 PM

Don't be at it MR! You'll unearth a nasty wee competitive streak in me! Hitting 40 next year and I have a wee ambition to run 3 or 4 marathon's in the next 15 months! Didn't think I'd be fit for Dublin this year but have a notion in my head it could be done!

Only a pup ffs, I'm 43 next birthday ffs!! May do a marathon but it would only be prep for a bigger challenge, though I haven't decided on doing that yet, but in the pipeline
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

muppet

Well done to both of you.

I won't know for a while if work clashes with that half, but if not I might go for it.
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Managed to break 20mins for 5k today during triathlon but I'd be concerned about the proper distance, but I'll settle for a recorded 5k anyways.

muppet

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 20, 2014, 06:36:12 PM
Managed to break 20mins for 5k today during triathlon but I'd be concerned about the proper distance, but I'll settle for a recorded 5k anyways.

Good man. Presumably you swam before it and cycled after? On that showing you should be able to go well below 20 mins surely?
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Quote from: muppet on July 20, 2014, 08:13:40 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 20, 2014, 06:36:12 PM

Good man. Presumably you swam before it and cycled after? On that showing you should be able to go well below 20 mins surely?

30 lengths and 20k cycle before the run, checked the watch and as best as I can judge the run was 4.9k .1 short of 5 but the run was 19.10 so I'd have nailed that

laoislad

Had to do a radio interview on 4FM today with Sean Hehir.
Was shitting a brick but it went grand.
First training session with Hehir this Saturday morning.

CD

Quote from: laoislad on July 21, 2014, 03:38:28 PM
Had to do a radio interview on 4FM today with Sean Hehir.
Was shitting a brick but it went grand.
First training session with Hehir this Saturday morning.

Mixin with the celebs! Fair play - great running at the weekend - what running programme are you following?

magpie seanie

Didn't manage to hook up with heffo in the end so just ran 6.5 miles on my own Sunday morning. I was glad I didn't make the race after. Was so excited to get a run with the handbrake off I went out a bit too fast and suffered badly towards the end. The heat/humidity didn't help either....another lesson learned. Got through it though and had a nice 3.25 mile recovery run yesterday. I'm over in the Netherlands for work and it was pouring rain but warm and just really enjoyable. Keeping the heart rate down is easier with it being so flat here too!

ballinaman

BBC 4 now...David Rudisha doc