Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bingo on July 03, 2014, 10:14:46 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on July 02, 2014, 11:38:27 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 02, 2014, 10:08:38 PM
imtommygunn what do you do the 5k in if you are targeting 35 mins for 10k?
16.30 - 16.45 would be my guess.

Class pics LL with Hehir.

And he never mentioned that he'll be having monthly sessions with Hehir. You may keep an eye on LL, he'll be on your tail at this rate.

Quote from: Rois on July 03, 2014, 12:28:50 AM
Are those the pics on Dublin Marathon FB page??

Yes Rois that's them.

Great snaps in fairness.

Link  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: Bingo on July 03, 2014, 10:14:46 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on July 02, 2014, 11:38:27 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 02, 2014, 10:08:38 PM
imtommygunn what do you do the 5k in if you are targeting 35 mins for 10k?
16.30 - 16.45 would be my guess.

Class pics LL with Hehir.

And he never mentioned that he'll be having monthly sessions with Hehir. You may keep an eye on LL, he'll be on your tail at this rate.

Quote from: Rois on July 03, 2014, 12:28:50 AM
Are those the pics on Dublin Marathon FB page??

Yes Rois that's them.

Great snaps in fairness.
I won't be happy just finishing anymore...I want to win it now  ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ONeill

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 03, 2014, 10:20:30 AM

Wobbler / ONeill you'll get there. Sometimes running can take a bit of perserverance.

I've been there, done it and returned a few times over the years. Was wondering why it happens though.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

magpie seanie

Quote from: ONeill on July 04, 2014, 10:38:39 AM

Wobbler / ONeill you'll get there. Sometimes running can take a bit of perserverance.

I've been there, done it and returned a few times over the years. Was wondering why it happens though.

It's because we're not machines. Annoying when it happens but there is usually a reason. finding the reason can be impossible at times so just accept it and move on (do as I say, not as I do!!!).

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 04, 2014, 12:20:59 PM
Quote from: ONeill on July 04, 2014, 10:38:39 AM

It's because we're not machines. Annoying when it happens but there is usually a reason. finding the reason can be impossible at times so just accept it and move on (do as I say, not as I do!!!).

I haven't run since Sunday, and won't be till Sunday morning and I'll be refereeing in afternoon, but have been very active on other fronts, I think you need variety in you training/exercise. Got up to go to gym this morning 6.30 planned to do run but ended up playing unihockey (mystery Friday session) had had a blast, great work out in fairness and enjoyable with a lot of laughs. They played hockey I hurled lol.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manfromdelmonte

humans are really designed physiologically to run a lot.

we are designed for walking.

you really need to work at your technique to prevent injuries and soreness

muppet

Clontarf 5 mile on this morning. Have had a great few months until the last week which hasn't been good for some reason.

I did 44:39 in Terenure in May and hoping to beat that by quite a bit.

Good luck to the lads doing the half.
MWWSI 2017

laoislad

Best of luck Muppet. Lovely day for it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

majestic

Hi
I was on the board a couple of weeks ago looking to know if anyone had any experience of compartment syndrome. I went ahead with the surgery 11 days ago (bilateral fasciotomy) and I just thought I would share that the early results have seem to be positive. Before the surgery I was unable to jog/run/brisk walk for anything more than 6/7 mins without extreme pain leaving me having to rest until the pain subsided to continue. I have now been able to do 15/20 mins brisk walk with no pain and feeling like I could go further (not wanting to do too much too soon). Anyway I just thought I would share the results incase anyone was interested/suffering from the same thing and unsure about taking the leap for surgery. I'm looking forward to getting back running and playing football.

muppet

Quote from: laoislad on July 05, 2014, 08:48:54 AM

Cheers.

I am still waiting for the chip times to be put up!

Not as well organised as the last one I ran, for example the start was chaotic, and they forgot to to turn the juniors around at their half-way point, but overall it was fun and there was a great atmosphere.

I timed myself roughly at around 40:03, so I am happy I ran well (for me), but if that time is accurate I will be mega-pissed off I missed breaking 40 mins.
MWWSI 2017

ballinaman

Quote from: muppet on July 05, 2014, 02:33:37 PM

Cheers.

Not as well organised as the last one I ran, for example the start was chaotic, and they forgot to to turn the juniors around at their half-way point, but overall it was fun and there was a great atmosphere.

I timed myself roughly at around 40:03, so I am happy I ran well (for me), but if that time is accurate I will be mega-pissed off I missed breaking 40 mins.
That would be a kick in the nads alright, amazing the difference 4 seconds can make!

Did it start on the promenade ? Must have been fairly tight, were people up on the grass?

imtommygunn

Quote from: muppet on July 05, 2014, 02:33:37 PM

Cheers.

Well done muppet. Sure you will get it next time if you missed the 40. Coming along well.

Majestic best of luck with your recovery.

muppet

Quote from: majestic on July 05, 2014, 09:25:48 AM
Hi
I was on the board a couple of weeks ago looking to know if anyone had any experience of compartment syndrome. I went ahead with the surgery 11 days ago (bilateral fasciotomy) and I just thought I would share that the early results have seem to be positive. Before the surgery I was unable to jog/run/brisk walk for anything more than 6/7 mins without extreme pain leaving me having to rest until the pain subsided to continue. I have now been able to do 15/20 mins brisk walk with no pain and feeling like I could go further (not wanting to do too much too soon). Anyway I just thought I would share the results incase anyone was interested/suffering from the same thing and unsure about taking the leap for surgery. I'm looking forward to getting back running and playing football.

I never heard of those complaints but it sounds positive, best of luck with it.
MWWSI 2017

heffo

Well done Muppet - tried to register Thursday for that but it was closed.

Did my first organised 5k this morning - the Parkrun in Marlay - thought it was great and finished it fairly comfortably - any training suggestions to get up to a 10k in two weeks for the Fingal 10k

muppet

Quote from: heffo on July 05, 2014, 02:45:34 PM
Well done Muppet - tried to register Thursday for that but it was closed.

Did my first organised 5k this morning - the Parkrun in Marlay - thought it was great and finished it fairly comfortably - any training suggestions to get up to a 10k in two weeks for the Fingal 10k

I'll leave the training suggestions to the experts. I'd fancy that Fingal 10k but the date doesn't suit work/family unfortunately. Best of luck with it.
MWWSI 2017