Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

You really shouldn't have any bother hitting 70% ml...

I assume this is in easy runs only? I find when i'm tired i can only get my legs to a pace that gets me 130s. On fresher days i can get my 70% no bother as my legs will push me there.

Unless it's tiredness in legs?

ONeill

What's the story with your body telling you not to run today?

Out this morning as normal and after a mile the carcass was shouting at me that it didn't fancy it. What is that - Food the night before? Sleep? The mind? Makes for an unpleasant half hour.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

Quote from: ONeill on July 01, 2014, 09:31:18 AM

Out this morning as normal and after a mile the carcass was shouting at me that it didn't fancy it. What is that - Food the night before? Sleep? The mind? Makes for an unpleasant half hour.

Hopefully it is something more sinister, like Shingles. Check for a rash on your side, lol.

I went for a run on Sunday - first in about two months. My time was embarrassingly slow for 3 mile - but hey, who cares. By ditching my running and concentrating on golf I have reduced my handicap by six shots since January.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

First 'real' day off and you go for a run? You are missing the jammy dodgers, you body normally has had about half a packet by this time. Take the kids to the beach and go along the sand, plenty of sunscreen and a wee dip in the water, be like an ice bath which helps
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 01, 2014, 10:54:06 AM

First 'real' day off and you go for a run? You are missing the jammy dodgers, you body normally has had about half a packet by this time. Take the kids to the beach and go along the sand, plenty of sunscreen and a wee dip in the water, be like an ice bath which helps

Who ye kidding? Been switched off since Easter.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

imtommygunn what do you do the 5k in if you are targeting 35 mins for 10k?
MWWSI 2017

ballinaman

Quote from: muppet on July 02, 2014, 10:08:38 PM
16.30 - 16.45 would be my guess.

Class pics LL with Hehir.

Rois

Are those the pics on Dublin Marathon FB page??

imtommygunn

Your max heart rate based on your age is only really a ballpark figure and a good guideline...

If you really want to stick rigidly to heart rate training you could do a max test...

When you're at 80% and you try to go faster what happens?? You should generally do those runs at 80 anyway as you'll get cardiac drift so getting to 80 will eventually push itself up to 85...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 03, 2014, 08:55:11 AM
Your max heart rate based on your age is only really a ballpark figure and a good guideline...

If you really want to stick rigidly to heart rate training you could do a max test...

When you're at 80% and you try to go faster what happens?? You should generally do those runs at 80 anyway as you'll get cardiac drift so getting to 80 will eventually push itself up to 85...

Just fecking run Forrest!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Lol. It's useful to begin with and when you run tempos MR. It's a very tried and trusted method...

I only use it twice a week and the rest are run to feel. There is no point being a slave to it but it is interesting to look at sometimes!! (if you're a stat geek...)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 03, 2014, 09:52:10 AM
Lol. It's useful to begin with and when you run tempos MR. It's a very tried and trusted method...

I only use it twice a week and the rest are run to feel. There is no point being a slave to it but it is interesting to look at sometimes!! (if you're a stat geek...)

During the half marathon I did run to a pace I'd set in my head that would get me 1.45, but found it too slow, felt strange to hold back, I'm glad I did though as it left me a lot in the tank for the last 3 or 4 miles which then give me the incentive to push on, eventually finishing on 1.39 chip time 1.38 Garmin time. My heart rate was 144 average over that disatnce

thewobbler

This.

Was cruising last night until 2km mark, then everything started shutting down. Struggled badly home. Would love to know why this happens.

Bingo

Quote from: ballinaman on July 02, 2014, 11:38:27 PM
16.30 - 16.45 would be my guess.

Class pics LL with Hehir.

And he never mentioned that he'll be having monthly sessions with Hehir. You may keep an eye on LL, he'll be on your tail at this rate.

Quote from: Rois on July 03, 2014, 12:28:50 AM
Are those the pics on Dublin Marathon FB page??

Yes Rois that's them.

Great snaps in fairness.

imtommygunn

I've ran 16:45 though it was last year. Training hasn't been going so well for me yet this year to be honest so sub 35 may be a wee bit optimistic. Need a few good months behind me but struggling a wee bit. WIll get there hopefully.

LL is famous now? Must have a look.

Wobbler / ONeill you'll get there. Sometimes running can take a bit of perserverance.