Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlieTully

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 18, 2014, 10:01:30 PM
That was a tough enough course, the heat was big factor too but I managed to finish in 1.39 by my watch which gave a overall distance of 13.23miles. But I think it will be a 1.40 officially, so still well happy with well over 2 mins of my pb.

Felt really strong in the second half of race, maybe a slow start, thought I'd stay with the 1.45 pacers but my legs wanted to go quicker so off I went. Great event with challenging hills. legs feel really good which is telling me I may have more in me, possible marathon maybe, I'll see
[/quote

Well done, I done the ten k, really struggled from about six k, walked for a bit hoping to get a second wind but I think that was the worst thing I could have done, finished in 56.15, my target was 55. A pb was there for the taking but I blew it. Anyway will persevere.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: charlieTully on June 18, 2014, 10:31:31 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 18, 2014, 10:01:30 PM
That was a tough enough course, the heat was big factor too but I managed to finish in 1.39 by my watch which gave a overall distance of 13.23miles. But I think it will be a 1.40 officially, so still well happy with well over 2 mins of my pb.

Felt really strong in the second half of race, maybe a slow start, thought I'd stay with the 1.45 pacers but my legs wanted to go quicker so off I went. Great event with challenging hills. legs feel really good which is telling me I may have more in me, possible marathon maybe, I'll see

Well done, I done the ten k, really struggled from about six k, walked for a bit hoping to get a second wind but I think that was the worst thing I could have done, finished in 56.15, my target was 55. A pb was there for the taking but I blew it. Anyway will persevere.

Was surprised at some of the hills, well run event

I was talking to friends who clocked it longer than the half marathon distance, my Garmin gave me a half marathon time of 1.38, but I still happy with the official time. Some heat, Id sun cream on but I reckon it came off after about five minutes of running lol. Ive a head tan on my baldy head for sure
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Well done guys. Results online at champiochipireland.

CD

Managed 47mins. Was really worried about the heat beforehand but was comfortable enough. Well done MR. Tough half in those conditions - very hilly and hot
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

No1

Absolutely super running MR2, especially in that heat. Time to look at a marathon if you were feeling strong after that!

10k PB for me with 43:33, absolutely delighted given the conditions. Mostly flat course in a brilliantly run event.

Charlie, you did well to get finished tonight and I am not being patronising. My first ever 10k race was completed in 56 odds and if you told me then that I would run a sub 44 I would have laughed my balls off! You will be amazed what you can achieve if you stick at it.

Ards Half and Scrabo Hill to look forward to next  :o

Milltown Row2

Quote from: No1 on June 18, 2014, 11:16:48 PM
Absolutely super running MR2, especially in that heat. Time to look at a marathon if you were feeling strong after that!

10k PB for me with 43:33, absolutely delighted given the conditions. Mostly flat course in a brilliantly run event.

Charlie, you did well to get finished tonight and I am not being patronising. My first ever 10k race was completed in 56 odds and if you told me then that I would run a sub 44 I would have laughed my balls off! You will be amazed what you can achieve if you stick at it.

Ards Half and Scrabo Hill to look forward to next  :o

Not the conditions to be picking up PB's well done, I've an open water tri coming up so it's swimming for me and a bitta cycling to do, 11 days ffs!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rois

Well done all, great running, anyone not get a PB??

Bingo

Fair play lads, great stuff and its tough going in this weather.

CD

Quote from: Rois on June 18, 2014, 11:27:35 PM

I didn't  :( Was 6 seconds slower than my last one. Still happy enough with 47.14 given the weather! Don't think I'm going to hit my sub 45 target this year - not too many events coming up locally that I know of - anyone recommend a couple of 10ks in July or August??
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CD on June 19, 2014, 11:09:56 AM

I didn't  :( Was 6 seconds slower than my last one. Still happy enough with 47.14 given the weather! Don't think I'm going to hit my sub 45 target this year - not too many events coming up locally that I know of - anyone recommend a couple of 10ks in July or August??

I'm sure the Ards half marathon will have a 10K in it, maybe not

imtommygunn

No it doesn't...

July and AUgust fairly quiet for 10ks then there's a big race nearly every weekend in september. (2 good 10ks and 2 good half marathons)

Check out niathletics fixture list.

Rois

Quote from: CD on June 19, 2014, 11:09:56 AM

Jeez I don't think you can be too disappointed with 6 secs in that weather!  There looks to be quite a few community 10ks on the athletics NI site but don't imagine they'll be as professional as the Lisburn one...

imtommygunn

or as expensive...

There's a good one down in dublin next month.

No1

Friday 22nd August there will be an ultra organised, thoroughly professional, highly competitive, highly enjoyable 10k taking place amongst the most beautiful scenery in the world. I might not have mentioned the Strangford Festival 10k before! Great way to start the Bank Holiday Weekend! Go to niathletics.org and enter online. No more spam, I promise!

muppet

Quote from: No1 on June 19, 2014, 02:04:48 PM
Friday 22nd August there will be an ultra organised, thoroughly professional, highly competitive, highly enjoyable 10k taking place amongst the most beautiful scenery in the world. I might not have mentioned the Strangford Festival 10k before! Great way to start the Bank Holiday Weekend! Go to niathletics.org and enter online. No more spam, I promise!

It's hardly spam on this thread.

If I am off I will have a look at that one.
MWWSI 2017