Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on June 07, 2014, 09:46:06 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 17, 2014, 09:06:23 PM
Bought a new pair of trainers today, GT 2000 Asics. Haven't had a run on them yet but they feel grand.

How do you like them?
Gonna buy a new pair of runners today and was reading these are suited to overpronators.

I've done a right few miles on them and they are great. No issues
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

muppet

Quote from: laoislad on June 07, 2014, 12:25:44 AM
Thanks lads. I was delighted.
Had planned on giving it a good rattle at the park run in the morning and only went out today for a quick jog. I knew I was doing well after a couple of km so said fcuk it to myself and just went for it.
I collapsed in a heap when I got to 5k!
Think I'll give the park run in the morning a miss now,my knee is paining me since I came home after today's run.

Sub 50min 10k next on the list!

It is an obvious target for me too, but ffs it was so difficult to get under 25 mins for 5k, imagine trying to do that back-to-back.
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Quote from: muppet on June 07, 2014, 02:25:56 PM
Had planned on giving it a good rattle at the park run in the morning and only went out today for a quick jog. I knew I was doing well after a couple of km so said fcuk it to myself and just went for it.
Think I'll give the park run in the morning a miss now,my knee is paining me since I came home after today's run.

It is an obvious target for me too, but ffs it was so difficult to get under 25 mins for 5k, imagine trying to do that back-to-back.

Yeah but all doable!!

Going for a ten milers I think tomorrow, first thing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Same thought crossed my mind as I lay gasping for breath after the 5k yesterday.
I'm down to 52 mins odd for 10k but that 2 mins seems huge right now.
I really don't know how some of the lads on here are able go under 20mins and 40mins for 5k and 10k.
Fair play to them.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on June 07, 2014, 03:14:54 PM

Same thought crossed my mind as I lay gasping for breath after the 5k yesterday.
I'm down to 52 mins odd for 10k but that 2 mins seems huge right now.
I really don't know how some of the lads on here are able go under 20mins and 40mins for 5k and 10k.
Fair play to them

How do you get to Carnegie Hall?

muppet

MWWSI 2017

imtommygunn

I'd say there are still minutes in the times you guys are running if you stick at it. The body will get much better at faster paces the more you do it. Bit of structure in your training and you'd be amazed what you could do. The heart rate stuff is pretty much scientific so if you discipline yourself and do it right you will improve.

Picked up a niggle so only getting back into it after a week out. I love the running but unfortunately with lots of running comes injuries too! Hopefully get a parkrun in in the next few weeks.

imtommygunn

I retract what I said about mourne way not being too bad... Looking at the times for the top guys it is obviously very tough!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 07, 2014, 08:01:02 PM
I retract what I said about mourne way not being too bad... Looking at the times for the top guys it is obviously very tough!

Weather conditions didn't help I'd say

Rois

Mr Rois did the half in 1.56 and said the weather wasn't too bad for that. He loved the event. Paths were well cut up and it was v mucky.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rois on June 07, 2014, 09:31:56 PM
Mr Rois did the half in 1.56 and said the weather wasn't too bad for that. He loved the event. Paths were well cut up and it was v mucky.

Going to head out and do a 10+ miler, going to keep the pace around 7.5 minute miles and see how I feel, will put the heart rate monitor on and see at that speed, what the rate is. Looks like a lovely morning so no excuses big hill on way home but sure can't have a down hill race. I hear Lisburn is hilly enough

CD

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 08, 2014, 09:14:18 AM

Going to head out and do a 10+ miler, going to keep the pace around 7.5 minute miles and see how I feel, will put the heart rate monitor on and see at that speed, what the rate is. Looks like a lovely morning so no excuses big hill on way home but sure can't have a down hill race. I hear Lisburn is hilly enough

Nice 10k+ there on Annadale and Ravenhill to Forestside. Lovely morning. Just took it easy and tried to jog at a steady 7.30 minute mile rather than my usual 7mins for mile 1-3 and then falling apart in the last 2! Felt really comfortable and could have busted the last 2 km. Actually went faster than my last 3 chipped 10kms. Doesn't figure!

Spent 20minutes on the foam roller there before I went out and will do the same in ten minutes time before I cool too much. Think it's helping the glute. Will be happy to run Lisburn in 48 minutes given recent injuries.

How'd you get on this morning?
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CD on June 08, 2014, 10:39:59 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 08, 2014, 09:14:18 AM

Nice 10k+ there on Annadale and Ravenhill to Forestside. Lovely morning. Just took it easy and tried to jog at a steady 7.30 minute mile rather than my usual 7mins for mile 1-3 and then falling apart in the last 2! Felt really comfortable and could have busted the last 2 km. Actually went faster than my last 3 chipped 10kms. Doesn't figure!

Spent 20minutes on the foam roller there before I went out and will do the same in ten minutes time before I cool too much. Think it's helping the glute. Will be happy to run Lisburn in 48 minutes given recent injuries.

How'd you get on this morning?

Well done and 48 is very doable at this stage (providing no more slip ups)

Just back from run, managed to complete it in 1.43 minutes flat. I reckon I could have finished quicker but as I live near the top of the Jordanstown road I knew I had to finish on a 1.1 mile hill climb. I'll up load my garmin later to check the times/laps but a few things I noticed, cardio wise I'm grand no ill effects at all, right knee started to ache after about 9/10 miles and my thighs are a bit sore but starting to feel grand now.

I know the Lisburn is hilly so I'll be happy to finish on a similar time. would love 1.42 but will settle for anything under 1.45 given the type of route

Oh and my heart rate was sitting at 147bpm more or less the whole time

muppet

Did a 10 miles run today.

My phone app didn't track me properly (it died before the end also) so I had no idea of pace but the heart monitor app worked so I was in the mid 140s all of the time. I have a garmin watch as a back up which is set in miles.

1:34:14 for the 10 miles and I noticed passing 9.4 miles (15k or so) in 1:28:20 which I am particularly happy about as I didn't feel as full of running as I have lately. I think I am probably getting towards overdoing it now. I have run 6 of the last 7 days and have 52kms in that time.
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Quote from: muppet on June 08, 2014, 08:49:08 PM
Did a 10 miles run today.

My phone app didn't track me properly (it died before the end also) so I had no idea of pace but the heart monitor app worked so I was in the mid 140s all of the time. I have a garmin watch as a back up which is set in miles.

1:34:14 for the 10 miles and I noticed passing 9.4 miles (15k or so) in 1:28:20 which I am particularly happy about as I didn't feel as full of running as I have lately. I think I am probably getting towards overdoing it now. I have run 6 of the last 7 days and have 52kms in that time.

Brilliant running, how did you feel afters? seeing you have been busy all week?