Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CD

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 05, 2014, 05:59:14 PM
Tomorrow is the last day for signing up for the Lisburn half marathon, there could be more entries afterwards depending on numbers.

Looking to do it in 1.44 or below if I can, think that's achievable providing I don't go too fast at the start or pick up injury (touch wood)

Which is basically 7.7 minute miles (I think) should be grand, will keep to that for as much as I can and if I have anything in the tank will push on

Just registered for the 10k. Struggling at the moment. Ran/jogged 10k after work and then had 25 minutes on the roller but feel really uncomfortable. Was flying three weeks ago! Fed up >:(
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CD on June 05, 2014, 10:03:49 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 05, 2014, 05:59:14 PM
Tomorrow is the last day for signing up for the Lisburn half marathon, there could be more entries afterwards depending on numbers.

Looking to do it in 1.44 or below if I can, think that's achievable providing I don't go too fast at the start or pick up injury (touch wood)

Which is basically 7.7 minute miles (I think) should be grand, will keep to that for as much as I can and if I have anything in the tank will push on

Just registered for the 10k. Struggling at the moment. Ran/jogged 10k after work and then had 25 minutes on the roller but feel really uncomfortable. Was flying three weeks ago! Fed up >:(

Never worry plenty more races coming up, when is the Ards one?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

muppet

10k sub 55 min  8)
MWWSI 2017

laoislad

You were out early this morning!
Well done.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Rois

imtommygunn

Good man Muppet. Onto the next goal now!

Bingo

Fair play Muppet, onto the next one.

Bingo

Have done my first plan for another person a couple of weeks ago. They want to do our 10 miler at end of July and wanted a plan. They'd have been quite fit a few years back but haven't done much in the last couple of years while enjoying themselves a bit too much (if you get the picture!).

Its basically a couch to 10miler in 9 weeks. A big ask but I know if they stay at it they'll get a decent level in a few weeks and can build from there. The target is definitely to get round the route.

So far, so good for them. Hit 6.5km last sunday and managed this weeks runs off the back of it.

laoislad

YO ADRIAN I DID IT.........!!!
Under 25min 5K Finally!!

muppet

Quote from: laoislad on June 06, 2014, 04:59:31 PM
Under 25min 5K Finally!!

Brilliant. Well done Laoislad.
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Quote from: muppet on June 06, 2014, 07:09:35 PM
Under 25min 5K Finally!!

Brilliant. Well done Laoislad.

Peer pressure is a wonderful thing, with the rest of the lads hitting their goals you've finally done it, though in fairness having another little one to look after can have its drawback for PB's. And with 20secs of that you've more than smashed it. Well fecking done ya moany shite
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bingo

PB's smashed all over the place this last few weeks.

Fair play LL, it was coming!

laoislad

Thanks lads. I was delighted.
Had planned on giving it a good rattle at the park run in the morning and only went out today for a quick jog. I knew I was doing well after a couple of km so said fcuk it to myself and just went for it.
I collapsed in a heap when I got to 5k!
Think I'll give the park run in the morning a miss now,my knee is paining me since I came home after today's run.

Sub 50min 10k next on the list!

Tony Baloney

Under 25min 5K Finally!!

Wee spin on the bike this evening?

laoislad

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 17, 2014, 09:06:23 PM
Bought a new pair of trainers today, GT 2000 Asics. Haven't had a run on them yet but they feel grand.

How do you like them?
Gonna buy a new pair of runners today and was reading these are suited to overpronators.