Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 13, 2014, 12:12:05 PM

That looks a great race. Good luck with it. You'll be well able. My first 5k I have only ever run 4k and my first 10 k I had only run 8.4k so you'll be sound. You have ran twice this distance already!

Am in Dublin myself this weekend and might get to do that. Was looking for a run in Dublin and didn't notice this one.

I smell a gaaboard showdown in the brewing  ;)  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bingo on May 13, 2014, 12:45:42 PM

That looks a great race. Good luck with it. You'll be well able. My first 5k I have only ever run 4k and my first 10 k I had only run 8.4k so you'll be sound. You have ran twice this distance already!

Am in Dublin myself this weekend and might get to do that. Was looking for a run in Dublin and didn't notice this one.

Yeah would be fun to get something that suits everybody, I was in Derry and missed the Carlingford one my next one might be thhe Lisburn Half be nice to meet up and have a deserved pint after running
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

muppet

Quote from: muppet on May 12, 2014, 11:10:52 PM
Booked into this on sunday: http://terenure5mile.com

It is 2 miles longer than I would have liked for my 1st organised run, but all the 5k runs seem to be on saturdays.

Over the next few days will I add excuses to the above one.

But f*ck it, time to shit or get off the pot.

Sent you a PM Seanie.
MWWSI 2017

Never beat the deeler

Have been sidelined most of the year due to niggling injuries - calf, hip, back caused by poor posture (leaning forward while running) and flat feet.
Been focusing on core work at the gym and keeping the runs short but last Wed it was dull and drizzly here (a rarity for Perth) and I was home early from work, so I took the opportunity to up the distance.

Went out slower than I usually would, and planned on an 8.5k route, but was feeling really good coming close to home so I did a lap of the park to up it to 10k. Was too dark to keep an eye on the time, so I never realised what speed I was averaging, but I managed to come in at 63:55, which is the best I have done this year.
Hoping to run a 12k road race on 25 May, and on the back of this thread have bought a heart monitor.

Want to get back to, and beating my 10k PB of 57:55 by the end of the winter
Hasta la victoria siempre

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 13, 2014, 01:07:28 PM

Yeah would be fun to get something that suits everybody, I was in Derry and missed the Carlingford one my next one might be thhe Lisburn Half be nice to meet up and have a deserved pint after running

Well ye can f**k right off if ye think we're travelling north again for all the nordies to be a no-show, meself and Ballinaman up there like eijits, although it did result in some unexpected silverware
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Bingo

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on May 14, 2014, 11:04:40 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 13, 2014, 01:07:28 PM

Well ye can f**k right off if ye think we're travelling north again for all the nordies to be a no-show, meself and Ballinaman up there like eijits, although it did result in some unexpected silverware

I was as guilty as anyone! In my defence I registered for the 10km and intended to go but the wedding the day before was too good  :D Even at 3.30am in the residents bar I was talking about a PB the next day.  :-\

I would suggest one of the race series runs in the build up to the Dublin marathon which are Dublin based. The 10km might give everyone a good run out and target.

laoislad

I plan on doing the Dublin race series also.
Might be a good one for a few of us to meet up alright.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

imtommygunn

5 miler on June 28th or 10k on July 20th in the Dublin series.

I wouldn't mind doing one of those as it's round the time I reckon I'll be back in race shape.

Rois

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on May 14, 2014, 03:38:32 AM
Have been sidelined most of the year due to niggling injuries - calf, hip, back caused by poor posture (leaning forward while running) and flat feet.
Been focusing on core work at the gym and keeping the runs short but last Wed it was dull and drizzly here (a rarity for Perth) and I was home early from work, so I took the opportunity to up the distance.

Went out slower than I usually would, and planned on an 8.5k route, but was feeling really good coming close to home so I did a lap of the park to up it to 10k. Was too dark to keep an eye on the time, so I never realised what speed I was averaging, but I managed to come in at 63:55, which is the best I have done this year.
Hoping to run a 12k road race on 25 May, and on the back of this thread have bought a heart monitor.

Well done on getting back to the distance.  These heart rate monitors had better work  ;D (would help if I actually went out running though as have neglected it as I'm working away from home). 

laoislad

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 14, 2014, 11:32:03 AM

I wouldn't mind doing one of those as it's round the time I reckon I'll be back in race shape.
Race shape! I'll just be happy to be in able to bend down to tie my running shoes shape.....!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on May 14, 2014, 03:38:32 AM

Good man. Running in the heat of Perth must be hard going.
MWWSI 2017

imtommygunn

Quote from: laoislad on May 14, 2014, 11:57:41 AM

Race shape! I'll just be happy to be in able to bend down to tie my running shoes shape.....!

Lol. Once you get your treadmill be no stopping you sure.

Bingo

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 14, 2014, 12:12:12 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 14, 2014, 11:57:41 AM

Lol. Once you get your treadmill be no stopping you sure.

and he turns off these webcams  ;)

ballinaman

10KM on July 20th sounds good.
Hope to be back training June 16th.
Achill half marathon on July 5th
10km July 20th
Longford half marathon August 24th
Another race in UK in september
Dublin marathon October 20th,

Race schedule done....always the easy part! ;D

Bingo

The 10km in July seems like a plan to me.

They've announced the new route for DCM this year. Had to change with LUAS works. No O'Connell st. Heads off towards St Stephens Green and stays on the outside heading to the park along the quays, then through the park on Chesterfield Av (long drag but early in run), out of park to Castleknock, back into park and then along much of the same route but ending is different, no Nassau Street.

Seems fairly ok and nice to know after Roebuck Hill/Clonskeagh that you are into the last few miles.