Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: ballinaman on April 20, 2014, 09:16:07 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on April 20, 2014, 08:42:54 AM
Unlucky BM but sure it'll stand to u for the next one
Had given up hope yesterday, was very sore walking over to the expo to get the number.
Came home and did a solid hour of stretching before bed.
Tried a gentle run this morning it pain stayed at about a 5/10 level through the run and hasn't been feeling too bad.
So I'm going to give it a go, I should be in wave 1 but I'm going to start at the back with another guy on the tour looking for 3.30.
I've trained for 6.15 per mile so I'm hoping running at 7.50s should offset the injury. It's just about finishing tomorrow, the PB will fall another day. Atmosphere is incredible, over a million expected to line the route..be a shame not to give it a try. Will take a few neurophen and hope for the best. Wave 4 is off at 4.30pm Irish time. No guts no glory!

Best of luck!

Rois

Dubh driocht

Good luck BM. Listen to your body. You're superfit and there will always be the next one so don't do the GAA thing of bustin a gut, as the lads have said. Your day will come.

magpie seanie

Everything crossed for ya Ballinaman. Boston Marathon mentioned on RTE news just there in Radio 1 and I was saying "yeah - but tell us how Ballinaman is"!!!!

imtommygunn

Quote from: muppet on April 18, 2014, 09:00:14 PM
Best of luck in Boston BM.

These last 2 pages have been a revelation.

Instead of running 6k with a HR in the 180s and finishing somewhere around 34 minutes absolutely wrecked, I took the advice here and ran at a HR of <150. It felt very slow and I was supposed to do 3 x 17 minutes with 1 min breaks. Instead I just ran through for 53 minutes. I never had to resort to the 'thickness' Seanie referred to earlier as it was extremely comfortable. I felt I could have run a lot more at that pace. The crazy thing is that I lost weight for the first time in weeks. I will try to do more of that but might still try the odd hard (for me) 5k as mentioned above.

Thanks for the great advice.

Good man muppet. No harm in the odd hard 5k. The 70% stuff is about a discipline to improve the fitness. The bulk of your running should be at it but not all.

Best of luck BM. Only live once and all that. Hope it works out for you. Take some time off afterwards though.

the Deel Rover

You are some boyo ballinaman. Hope the run goes well for you.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

imtommygunn

http://raceday.baa.org/individual.html

Online tracker. Not sure what time it starts bst but think it's soon.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 21, 2014, 02:43:15 PM
http://raceday.baa.org/individual.html

Online tracker. Not sure what time it starts bst but think it's soon.
fair play itg, hope it goes well for  ballinaman as he has trained like fcuk for this marathon plus he is one sound man.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

magpie seanie

Go on Ballinaman. Bang on the pace he said he was going to attempt.

imtommygunn

Predicted 3:33 now... not going to get the time he wanted but had to give it a go.

muppet

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 21, 2014, 06:28:33 PM
Predicted 3:33 now... not going to get the time he wanted but had to give it a go.

The Top Women are doing 10K in 32 minutes ffs. In a marathon!
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

Quote from: muppet on April 21, 2014, 07:00:57 PM

Wow, really sticking the boot into Ballinaman. Shocking stuff from a respected poster  ;)

magpie seanie

Thats the Mayos for ya. Insult the shite outta each other.  :P

JimStynes

Quote from: muppet on April 21, 2014, 07:00:57 PM

Ridiculous running!

Bingo

He's just upped the pace in last 5km from over 8min pace per mile to 7.22min.

Go hard or go home! Fair play to him.