Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Ah that's a balls. When you flying out?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ballinaman

Quote from: laoislad on April 17, 2014, 09:22:37 PM
Tomorrow at 11.30.
May as well get the pints in at Fenway on Saturday now I suppose! Have tickets...no harm having a few jars now...been off the sauce since New Years. Some dose.

imtommygunn

Quote from: ballinaman on April 17, 2014, 09:28:02 PM
Tomorrow at 11.30.
May as well get the pints in at Fenway on Saturday now I suppose! Have tickets...no harm having a few jars now...been off the sauce since New Years. Some dose.

Sorry to hear that BM but you'll be back.

If you've everything booked you may as well go and enjoy yourself. There'll be other days.

ballinaman

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 17, 2014, 09:33:46 PM
Tomorrow at 11.30.

If you've everything booked you may as well go and enjoy yourself. There'll be other days.
Totally, if this is worst thing to happen I'm laughing. I'm used to breaking the news to lads re injuries so got to suck it up now. Am 27...plenty of miles left in the legs yet hopefully.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ballinaman on April 17, 2014, 09:36:05 PM
Tomorrow at 11.30.

Totally, if this is worst thing to happen I'm laughing. I'm used to breaking the news to lads re injuries so got to suck it up now. Am 27...plenty of miles left in the legs yet hopefully.

27!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Christ, if I had that time back again..............................  Plenty time, and not even in your prime (running terms) get out and enjoy it tomorrow, should be a emotional start to the race on Monday
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: ballinaman on April 17, 2014, 09:36:05 PM
Tomorrow at 11.30.

Optimum age for marathon mid to late thirties. Loads of time!

Enjoy your trip anyway.

Bingo

Quote from: ballinaman on April 17, 2014, 09:14:32 PM
Unfortunately I've run out of time.

Tried a 30 min run there are felt like calf was going to snap after 6 mins. V sore now. Have tried everything but it's just too soon. Don't know what's going to happen on Monday.

Going to neck a load of painkillers and will hobble/walk as best as I can. Will only drop out if things get silly. Gutted isn't the word but shit happens, will be back. Cheers for the well wishes lads..

That's a blow. Gutted for you. Some times the body just says no.

Hope you can manage to get through the distance if its possible at all but the marathon is an unforgiving run. You'll make that call I'm sure.

Enjoy the trip and what promises to be a special occasion. Keep an eye out fit the Blayney Rocket vest on the trip.

magpie seanie

Enjoy the trip Ballinaman. Gutted for you after all your hard work but good to see you're still positive. Personally think the only way you could get through a whole baseball match is to be half bladdered so that test of endurance will now be easier for you!!!!!

Should be some occasion, drink in the atmosphere. You've earned it.

the Deel Rover

Ah balls ballinaman was about to wish you luck in the race when I saw your post. Enjoy the scoops in Boston well deserved.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

muppet

Best of luck in Boston BM.

These last 2 pages have been a revelation.

Instead of running 6k with a HR in the 180s and finishing somewhere around 34 minutes absolutely wrecked, I took the advice here and ran at a HR of <150. It felt very slow and I was supposed to do 3 x 17 minutes with 1 min breaks. Instead I just ran through for 53 minutes. I never had to resort to the 'thickness' Seanie referred to earlier as it was extremely comfortable. I felt I could have run a lot more at that pace. The crazy thing is that I lost weight for the first time in weeks. I will try to do more of that but might still try the odd hard (for me) 5k as mentioned above.

Thanks for the great advice.

MWWSI 2017

magpie seanie

Good man Muppet. That's massive progress, you're motoring well now for your 10k.

Still have the remains of this fecking cold but got a couple of runs in including today. Hopefully will get back to where I was soon.

Rois

Quote from: muppet on April 18, 2014, 09:00:14 PM
Best of luck in Boston BM.

These last 2 pages have been a revelation.

Instead of running 6k with a HR in the 180s and finishing somewhere around 34 minutes absolutely wrecked, I took the advice here and ran at a HR of <150. It felt very slow and I was supposed to do 3 x 17 minutes with 1 min breaks. Instead I just ran through for 53 minutes. I never had to resort to the 'thickness' Seanie referred to earlier as it was extremely comfortable. I felt I could have run a lot more at that pace. The crazy thing is that I lost weight for the first time in weeks. I will try to do more of that but might still try the odd hard (for me) 5k as mentioned above.

Thanks for the great advice.
Brilliant! I'm definitely going to give that a go.

Mayo4Sam

Unlucky BM but sure it'll stand to u for the next one
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

ballinaman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on April 20, 2014, 08:42:54 AM
Had given up hope yesterday, was very sore walking over to the expo to get the number.
Came home and did a solid hour of stretching before bed.
Tried a gentle run this morning it pain stayed at about a 5/10 level through the run and hasn't been feeling too bad.
So I'm going to give it a go, I should be in wave 1 but I'm going to start at the back with another guy on the tour looking for 3.30.
I've trained for 6.15 per mile so I'm hoping running at 7.50s should offset the injury. It's just about finishing tomorrow, the PB will fall another day. Atmosphere is incredible, over a million expected to line the route..be a shame not to give it a try. Will take a few neurophen and hope for the best. Wave 4 is off at 4.30pm Irish time. No guts no glory!

orangeman

Quote from: ballinaman on April 20, 2014, 09:16:07 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on April 20, 2014, 08:42:54 AM
Had given up hope yesterday, was very sore walking over to the expo to get the number.
Came home and did a solid hour of stretching before bed.
Tried a gentle run this morning it pain stayed at about a 5/10 level through the run and hasn't been feeling too bad.
So I'm going to give it a go, I should be in wave 1 but I'm going to start at the back with another guy on the tour looking for 3.30.
I've trained for 6.15 per mile so I'm hoping running at 7.50s should offset the injury. It's just about finishing tomorrow, the PB will fall another day. Atmosphere is incredible, over a million expected to line the route..be a shame not to give it a try. Will take a few neurophen and hope for the best. Wave 4 is off at 4.30pm Irish time. No guts no glory!

That's crazy but ballsy. Best of luck with it.